• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are we doing post-Brexit?

Flankerl

The entire idea was that the dirty foreigners weren't supposed to get into the UK.
They forgot that they are the dirty foreigners in other countries.
After all Brits aren't immigrants, ever. They are "Expats".

Altfish

Veteran Member
... and then he sent me £56m to control …. wait for it …….. his border……

E6zaVykXMAI3TMe

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Labour shortages continue in many industries, apparently due to the lack of "cheap" labour following Brexit. A lot of UK employers still don't seem to have realised that there need to be long-term improvements in pay and conditions.

Labour shortages continue in many industries, apparently due to the lack of "cheap" labour following Brexit. A lot of UK employers still don't seem to have realised that there need to be long-term improvements in pay and conditions.

It's interesting that most people who opposed Brexit are left-leaning, yet there is increasing evidence appearing that EU free movement of people was indeed contributing to wage suppression in many working class professions.

I wonder if this will make any reconsider their belief that working class people supported Brexit only did so because they were "stupid racists getting fooled by right-wing media"...

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Supermarket shelves are definitely less full
When I was last in the Co-Op there was an intermittently played message broadcast, which basically apologised for the shortages of products due to the national shortage of delivery drivers. The biggest empty shelf contained the oven-ready deal.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What i find strange is the distinct lack of brexiters telling us how great brexit has been for britain so far.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
What i find strange is the distinct lack of brexiters telling us how great brexit has been for britain so far.
Well you're not in the UK to experience it first hand are you. We have arrived at the sunlit uplands of our rejuvenated great nation, where opportunity, confidence and optimism are now flourishing. But now those unwelcome foreigners have buggered off, we've got no food on the ******* shelves. Or cat litter. :mad:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Nobody is interested in doom and gloom past tense losers,it’s happened so move on,COVID has been the main problem otherwise it’s been great since we cut ties with mrs mopp and emperor macron for me,enjoy your wallowing but don’t look back in anger.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Nobody is interested in doom and gloom past tense losers,it’s happened so move on,COVID has been the main problem otherwise it’s been great since we cut ties with mrs mopp and emperor macron for me,enjoy your wallowing but don’t look back in anger.
It's not the past we're on about. It's the present. It's today that the local supermarket had no cat litter, not in the past. That is because of a shortage of drivers. That is because of brexit.

Builders today are paying inflated prices for basic hard-to-obtain materials. They will pass this on to their customers. That is because of brexit. The list goes on and on. Only the rich and the racist are happy.

Tell us all what is so "great". Actual practical, physical, real world stuff that is great as a result of brexit (so I'm not asking for vacuous farage BS).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

So your local supermarket is not feeling the stock shortages, no empty shelves? You local butcher has all the meat needed to supply your neighborhood?

Sorry bud, its not me who is wallowing, and yes you could say i was, if not angry then at least very pissed about what an idea sold on lies has done to Britain and my family and friends who have to live in it.

And Boris is so thankful for covid, he can blunder about with that and the great British public forget the mess he's got the country into?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
So your local supermarket is not feeling the stock shortages, no empty shelves? You local butcher has all the meat needed to supply your neighborhood?

Sorry bud, its not me who is wallowing, and yes you could say i was, if not angry then at least very pissed about what an idea sold on lies has done to Britain and my family and friends who have to live in it.

And Boris is so thankful for covid, he can blunder about with that and the great British public forget the mess he's got the country into?

Im not seeing shortages personally but there will be problems on both sides but it will get better.