• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are we doing post-Brexit?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Another success story ...

EyB4FyLXAAMpajD

Brexit just keeps giving

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Another success story ...

EyB4FyLXAAMpajD

Brexit just keeps giving

Interesting how the right wing press are saying how well things are going with a much faster trading and financial recovery than expected. How many do you think they are fooling?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I was talking with a builder yesterday (an avowedly non-political person). He said that since January many of his raw materials and basic building items had gone up between 50 and 100% and/or could not be got hold of. I presume this is an example of the country prospering mightily. Of course, when the richardheads who voted for this wonderful new world get these price rises passed on to them they will blame the EU (cos Project Fear is no longer a thing is it - that lie has served its purpose).

Last edited:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I think it's safe to say that old habits are hard to get rid of, so people will likely continue to blame the EU for things the EU has no influence in or control over.

Flankerl

lmao Brexit has set Britain back to the time before the Entente Cordiale.

There's just a tiny problem, before the Entente Cordiale the rest of the continent was on the side of Britain.

Hilarious

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
A whimsical look at the recent war between britain and france fought on the seas around Jersey

The War with France is over – trouble is, the next skirmish with the European Union won’t be so funny
Oh wow, that article is absolutely brutal.
Were the rule changes negligible? Were the French protesters out of line? Was Britain within its rights to seek to break up the apparent blockade with the threat of naval force – not that it would ever actually have used it? Was France really threatening to retaliate by cutting off electricity to the entire island? Could Jersey have just generated its own, had it done so? Did the EU withdrawal agreement give France reason to retaliate in such a way? Who would decide? How long would it take for such a decision to be reached? What was the point of the withdrawal agreement if its arbitration mechanisms took so long to arbitrate that they rendered any kind of rightful retaliation pointless? And wasn’t Jersey not even in the EU anyway?
These are just a selection of the many questions that nobody would ever have thought they would ever have to think about until quite recently. Until, that is, The Triumph of The Fish, which occurred some time toward the end of last year, when all matters pertaining to the economy were demoted to second tier significance, beneath an industry whose entire value is just under that of the pet insurance sector.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
The fishing community where I live are furious about being "sold out" in the Brexit negotiations. Though it was entirely predictable that fishing rights would be negotiated away.

exchemist

Veteran Member
The fishing community where I live are furious about being "sold out" in the Brexit negotiations. Though it was entirely predictable that fishing rights would be negotiated away.
They were fools to vote for it, seeing that their market, for half the fish they catch, is the EU.