• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are we doing post-Brexit?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My point is that Britain should not complain, because the countries of the Mediterranean area are facing huge losses because of the €...
So...I think that the EU has not been a good idea...
I mean...post-Maastricht EU.

No they should not compain, they made the decision even if it was based on misinformation, out right lies, racism and a less thsn 50% majority.

No the country's of the med are facing losses due to incompetent government and always have, wherever possible the EU have bailed them out

Altfish

Veteran Member
My point is that Britain should not complain, because the countries of the Mediterranean area are facing huge losses because of the €...
But we were doing fine in the EU; we weren't in the Euro block

So our current woes are self-inflicted

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Altfish

Veteran Member
EsghkqqU4AIJDvU

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The choice is yours, don't blame the EU for your own political biases
I do not have biases.
I believe all Europeans are my brothers and sisters. They are not strangers to me. They are family. So the British can do the exact the same things as before Brexit in my country.
Travelling and same trade rules.
;)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I do not have biases.
I believe all Europeans are my brothers and sisters. They are not strangers to me. They are family. So the British can do the exact the same things as before Brexit in my country.
Travelling and same trade rules.
;)

Except against the EU

Wrong, as has already been demonstrated by the problems with VAT, customs tariffs and returned goods between the UK and the EU

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
I'm an Irish National, so I'm feeling smug... Apart from the potential price rises and shortages... :p

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I see that sentiment a lot among ethno-nationalists on the Internet, but I've yet to see a coherent argument in support.

It's easy to compare factual hardship to fictional pleasantries. It's a considerably greater challenge to think through alternate scenarios and observe the possible negative consequences along the alleged benefits.