• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are those people not worshiping themselves?

sovietchild

Have you ever seen those humans who pray directly to an image of a human?

In Ukraine for example (the country where I was born) people would draw a painting of a human, and then, pray directly towards it. They do very similar practices in eastern Asia. They would draw a painting of a human, and then they bring gifts to that image, and pray.

How are those people not worshiping themselves? A human, praying to an image of a human. How is that not a self-worship?

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Have you ever seen those humans who pray directly to an image of a human?

In Ukraine for example (the country where I was born) people would draw a painting of a human, and then, pray directly towards it. They do very similar practices in eastern Asia. They would draw a painting of a human, and then they bring gifts to that image, and pray.

How are those people not worshiping themselves? A human, praying to an image of a human. How is that not a self-worship?
Using your logic, you worship a rock, so I don't want to hear anything from you about things you ought not worship.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Is there a reason why you can't leave people alone to worship as they please?

This is the exact reason the Meccans kicked Muhammad out. Seriously, this is so annoying.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
If a person looks in a mirror and asks, "Who is the smartest person I know?" and they get 'Me." then that is the very definition of self-worship. So someone who cannot fathom anyone else's right to be different that themselves is constantly in the act of self-adulation. It is the height of arrogance.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Is there a reason why you can't leave people alone to worship as they please?

This is the exact reason the Meccans kicked Muhammad out. Seriously, this is so annoying.
I have to strongly agree with this. When you find fault with other people constantly and believe yourself to be better, it is annoying and offensive. No wonder the Meccans got fed up!

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I don't worship any rocks.
The Black Stone at Mecca. See, I know Muslims don't worship it. But it looks like Muslims do. Using your insulting logic, Muslims must worship that stone.

How many more times do we have to explain this before you get it? You keep making baseless assumptions and it seems like no matter how thoroughly we break this down, you just refuse to grasp it.

sovietchild

Or they believe that people continue serving the earth after their death. I want to keep serving earth after I die. They may just see those people as spiritual friends in Heaven.

How can a person save the earth after death? You mean like putting your self on a rocket and then blowing your self up in front of a meteorite?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member

That's too bad. What is wrong with people who don't honor the very ground that they stand on, without which they would not exist?

Plus, some of them are shiny. Shiny. :D

ET-Amethyst-Geode.jpeg

(sorry, I'll stop)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
How can a person save the earth after death? You mean like putting your self on a rocket and then blowing your self up in front of a meteorite?
I said SERVE the earth...if they served the earth while alive, why can't they continue serving the earth after death?

Why can't we have friendship with the dead? When a person dies , the soul just leaves the body behind.

sovietchild

The Black Stone at Mecca. See, I know Muslims don't worship it. But it looks like Muslims do. Using your insulting logic, Muslims must worship that stone.

No we don't. We don't even have to pray 5 times a day - it's only a recommendation.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Why should we believe you? You do not appear to believe the people who venerate God(s) through statues that they do not worship either themselves or the statues. No, I do not believe you, I believe

1) You worship that big black rock when you prostrate yourself on the ground in its direction and pray and run around it in pointless circles when you travel to Mecca. That's what your belief really is about, all your books are just smoke and mirrors to hide that embarrassing truth that you are a rock worshiping cult. Savvy?