• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It is evidence that indicates that something momentous happened and is still happening today.

But how is it evidence?
What do you mean by evidence, evidence of what?
If one knew what happened and what is happening now it would be easier to understand why it is evidence.

What does this mean?
It is history.
You’d have to read it in order to understand what it means.
It would mean different things to different people.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nonbelievers want tangible evidence, not claims of personal communications.
We've had plenty of those.

Yes this is definitly a minefield in this day. Again this has been foretold, to keep us humble. It is our learning that becomes the veil to our spiritual self.

Christ, Muhammad, Bab and Baha'u'llah have all warned us that we need spiritual eyes and ears.

Other Prophets also have warned us to look deep within our own selves and release what is latent within all of us.

Peace be upon all.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I would say yes, but I note this thread did not really sort it out......and it was reeeeeal long. Only attempted to read a few :p

Personally I see it is time for unity and how that will unfold for here on in, is now any bodies guess.:)

Peace be with you all

You missed a great thread, that's all I can say lol.

If you look at the top posters for this thread you will see that it was a Hindu and a Buddhist who participated the most as they had particular concerns about the OP. Some of the conversation are still ongoing, for example on the thread about Muhammad being a messenger. I believe the best we can do on RF is to learn from each other. I certainly learned a great deal about Hinduism and Buddhism as well as my own faith through being an active participant.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

If you look at the top posters for this thread you will see that it was a Hindu and a Buddhist who participated the most as they had particular concerns about the OP. Some of the conversation are still ongoing, for example on the thread about Muhammad being a messenger. I believe the best we can do on RF is to learn from each other. I certainly learned a great deal about Hinduism and Buddhism as well as my own faith through being an active participant.

Learning requires one must also listen, so you must listen well. That is a difficult art to learn, especially if one is strong in a chosen Faith.

What I have found we all change over time and hopefully the change is for the better. After all I see that was the goal of every Message given by God, that is to create a change in each of us for the benefit of all of us :).

Peace be upon you and all.

Gmcbroom

The Catholic Church and Orthodox Church have criteria to ascertain who is a saint in heaven. Since, saints are still being made even in this age of irresponsibility, the Catholic and Orthodox Church are still the narrow road to walk. Nothing new is required just embracing the faith and seeking the kingdom.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Catholic Church and Orthodox Church have criteria to ascertain who is a saint in heaven. Since, saints are still being made even in this age of irresponsibility, the Catholic and Orthodox Church are still the narrow road to walk. Nothing new is required just embracing the faith and seeking the kingdom.

It is great that many still live the life that Christ asked us to live, that is a life of service to each other. I also see many people of other Faiths in God walking this path of service, worthy as saints. Good on them all.

I have concluded though, that it will not be the Christains that will be the first to embrace the return of Christ. History has proven this trend.

What I have found is, the more sure we are of our spiritual ability, that is that we think we know of God, then the less we do know. It appears God is unconstrained within us, only when there is no self in the mix. All good is from God, all else is our own self.

I think in this day if we do not see God in all the worlds Major Faiths, then we have never known much about God at all. That is what brought me to this thread, the mention of Great Beings and what I now consider as One Fold and one Shepherd.

May your service be that of a saint.

Peace be with you always

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

:eek: I thought this thread turned to ashes ready.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Sorry, I found it by Google & Great Beings :oops:

It was too much to read all, so pulled out an interest in the first post.

Maybe its a bit like Christ and has made a return :D.

Peace be with you and all.

Haha. We need fresh arguments. The consensus on one side is bahaullah is a reflection, loose terms, of jesus, Krishna, Muhammad, The Buddha, jesus, and zoarstar or however it's spelled.

The claim is these prophets (as one side calls them) all lead to god for the peace of mankind. Eventually all will follow bahaullah and end on peace.

The other side tried to correct their opponent on the basics before attacking such a claim. Krishna is not a prophet, he is god. The Buddha taught that brahma does not lead to god; study of mind does not lead to god but liberation of self from rebirth. Jesus taught no one else is part of the salvation gig but him doing the will of God father.

A lot of the thread was just correcting people on the facts of the faith before deciding who thinks the same. The Hindu consensus is the religion has no connection whatsoever spiritually with abrahamics. The Buddha Dharma did not reach god.

The problem was trying to unify differing beliefs while at the same time saying Baha'i accept diversity. Then, as the basics were repeated for the umpteenth time, and diversity equals unity was shot in the foot everyone left. I was insulted and ignored so many times that I just gave up mentally.

I'm assuming there are other perspectives? Don't know.

I summed up the whole thread for you. Lasted literally years.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm assuming there are other perspectives? Don't know.

Well it had been in my heart that God is One and since I have started my search, I have had no need to change that thought. To date, this is all I have found in all Faiths. I see a complexity of views when we choose not to seek a common bond.

That was my search criteria though. I guess I see all humanity has the same struggles with life, thus why would we not work together to make it good for all.

I do see a oneness to it all.

Any way if this is done, it is done :)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Well it had been in my heart that God is One and since I have started my search, I have had no need to change that thought. To date, this is all I have found in all Faiths. I see a complexity of views when we choose not to seek a common bond.

That was my search criteria though. I guess I see all humanity has the same struggles with life, thus why would we not work together to make it good for all.

One of the key differences in this very long thread was that the non-Bahai saw no reason we can't work together, despite our religious differences, and diversity. We demonstrated how in many ways mankind does just that. Oneness, or not oneness, we can still work together on social reforms, economic disparity and in many other ways.

But the Bahai, like Christianity and Islam before them could not see how that was possible without their respective prophets or messengers, being central to the whole thing. So at least for me, it was a learning experience, on intolerance, on rigidity, on saying you're something that you're not, and all that other good stuff. I finally left it for good about 700 pages in. But I did learn that certain mindsets are unmovable, and strengthened my belief that there are very fundamental differences between the Dharmic, and Abrahamic paradigms. (One of them illustrated above) So it wasn't all for naught I suppose.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
One of the key differences in this very long thread was that the non-Bahai saw no reason we can't work together, despite our religious differences, and diversity. We demonstrated how in many ways mankind does just that. Oneness, or not oneness, we can still work together on social reforms, economic disparity and in many other ways.

But the Bahai, like Christianity and Islam before them could not see how that was possible without their respective prophets or messengers, being central to the whole thing. So at least for me, it was a learning experience, on intolerance, on rigidity, on saying you're something that you're not, and all that other good stuff. I finally left it for good about 700 pages in. But I did learn that certain mindsets are unmovable, and strengthened my belief that there are very fundamental differences between the Dharmic, and Abrahamic paradigms. (One of them illustrated above) So it wasn't all for naught I suppose.

Pleased there was something marginally positive about the whole experience. I do recall TB saying he ended up getting banned from every forum he participated in and I understand that's what happened with RF too. I haven't seen LH post here for the last month and know he had some health issues. Both LH and I certainly appreciated the opportunity to consider the nature of reality from differing perspectives. IT is still around.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Pleased there was something marginally positive about the whole experience. I do recall TB saying he ended up getting banned from every forum he participated in and I understand that's what happened with RF too. I haven't seen LH post here for the last month and know he had some health issues. Both LH and I certainly appreciated the opportunity to consider the nature of reality from differing perspectives. IT is still around.

I hope not.... :( It wasnt that bad.

Also, yeah, health does have a way to slow things up. Hope LH is doing well.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

What I have found is that it is just in the way the Baha'i deliver the message, enthusiastically as many tend to do. On the ground where actions become the words all speak, we all work together.

That is what I have found with many Faiths. The Jehovah Witnesses will always help those in need, but a stronger argument of Faith you will not find and I always welcome their commitment to faith.

For all of us life is a learning platform and each has to consider where they head in life, though many do not get that chance in this world where displacement has become large scale.

Peace for all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

In my opinion, its not more the beliefs so much; we all have different beliefs with their pros and cons in other peoples points of view. It was the execution of those beliefs and ideas to where no one seem to keep to one line of thinking order to address the topic of the OP.

Im sure majority of us have similar goals of peace and oneness (shared goal). I think youd probably enjoy the debate if we (OPers) werent speaking pass each other.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In my opinion, its not more the beliefs so much; we all have different beliefs with their pros and cons in other peoples points of view. It was the execution of those beliefs and ideas to where no one seem to keep to one line of thinking order to address the topic of the OP.

Im sure majority of us have similar goals of peace and oneness (shared goal). I think youd probably enjoy the debate if we (OPers) werent speaking pass each other.

That will always be a challenge. I have personally taken the view there must be one God a single starting point as Science also points to this as the possibility.

Peace be with you.

siti

I do recall TB saying he ended up getting banned from every forum he participated in and I understand that's what happened with RF too. I haven't seen LH post here for the last month and know he had some health issues. Both LH and I certainly appreciated the opportunity to consider the nature of reality from differing perspectives. IT is still around.
I thought @Trailblazer was a she? Anyway, I hope @loverofhumanity is OK - he gave us something to talk about that lasted over a year, so even if I didn't agree with him very much - he certainly prompted me to learn more - especially about the Bahai faith which of which I knew very little and understood less before this thread. I also don't see @Tony Bristow-Stagg around these days - maybe we're just moving in different circles but I was expecting both of them to pop in on the Muhammad thread at some point. I doubt that will ultimately hold a candle to this one in terms of longevity - but they are great discussions - even (perhaps especially) when we don't agree - don't you agree?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought @Trailblazer was a she? Anyway, I hope @loverofhumanity is OK - he gave us something to talk about that lasted over a year, so even if I didn't agree with him very much - he certainly prompted me to learn more - especially about the Bahai faith which of which I knew very little and understood less before this thread. I also don't see @Tony Bristow-Stagg around these days - maybe we're just moving in different circles but I was expecting both of them to pop in on the Muhammad thread at some point. I doubt that will ultimately hold a candle to this one in terms of longevity - but they are great discussions - even (perhaps especially) when we don't agree - don't you agree?

By TB I meant Tony. That's probably why he hasn't joined us.

I really enjoined the discussions on this thread as I am with the Muhammad thread. Despite our different outlooks we've had some informative thought provoking discussions about the IGA and now the Quran where I'm sure we are both learning a lot.

siti

By TB I meant Tony. That's probably why he hasn't joined us.

I really enjoined the discussions on this thread as I am with the Muhammad thread. Despite our different outlooks we've had some informative thought provoking discussions about the IGA and now the Quran where I'm sure we are both learning a lot.
You mean Tony might have been banned? I suppose the fear of being proselytized is still strong. Anyway, yes - I am learning a lot - which was really my motivation for joining RF in the first place. I may be coming at it from a different angle than many - I became disillusioned with religion personally but it still has a massive amount of influence over humans. I'm trying to figure out why. What is it about religion and religiously venerated figures like the "Great Beings" of this thread that makes them and the religious traditions that have built up around them so extraordinarily influential compared, for example, to non-religious and even profoundly irreligious people who have had very similar ideas (if you take away the miraculous and the claims of divine authorship). I still haven't figured it out - but as you say, I am learning a lot.