• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Id find that kinda odd, really. There are many god like humble people today. There is no change on humanity from then till now. Car models. Modern electronics. Food, yes. Spirituality, no. If there is no "bahaullah" today why would I think there was a manifestation back when?

What reason would anyone (anyone) think bahaullah has anything to do with god from books?

There are saintly people in every age.

There is only a Messenger from God when God chooses to send One and when God has said that One will be sent. We all feed from their influence, if we know that or do not know it.

The change is not immediate, it unfolds over time. People are always looking for the instant visual miracles to feed their material senses. It never happens that way, only a handful get true Faith this way.

The greatest miracle is the change that happens in our hearts, this also takes time but many who meet the Maifestation, who have few spiritual barriers, it is an instant recognition.

Your heart is open to be a very great miracle. :D;)

For what reason would one look at and accept Baha'u'llah? That is for you to decide 100%. My advice can would be never give up on that being a possibility.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Its not reality. Its only your interpretation of it.

I have said I do not give my view or interpretation of the world, those thoughts come from this passage;

"The world is but a show, vain and empty, a mere nothing, bearing the semblance of reality. Set not your affections upon it. Break not the bond that uniteth you with your Creator, and be not of those that have erred and strayed from His ways. Verily I say, the world is like the vapor in a desert, which the thirsty dreameth to be water and striveth after it with all his might, until when he cometh unto it, he findeth it to be mere illusion. It may, moreover, be likened unto the lifeless image of the beloved whom the lover hath sought and found, in the end, after long search and to his utmost regret, to be such as cannot “fatten nor appease his hunger.”

Bahá'í Reference Library - Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages 323-329

Regards Tony

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

There is only a Messenger from God when God chooses to send One and when God has said that One will be sent. We all feed from their influence, if we know that or do not know it.

The change is not immediate, it unfolds over time. People are always looking for the instant visual miracles to feed their material senses. It never happens that way, only a handful get true Faith this way.

The greatest miracle is the change that happens in our hearts, this also takes time but many who meet the Maifestation, who have few spiritual barriers, it is an instant recognition.

For what reason would one look at and accept Baha'u'llah? That is for you to decide 100%. My advice can would be never give up on that being a possibility.

Regards Tony

You would give, say, a Hindu the same advice that she have to look for herself to find bahaullah??

Many people (actually individuals as a whole) would look to themselves for bahaullah. Though, how can They know bahaullah from a book?

Please read my post as written. It is not about me. :(

People come to god in any ways. Some by books, some not. I dont understand how one can know any god personally by books. To me, that's well, silly.

Today is no different spiritually than before. Would my g-g mother meet the messenger bahaullah then? If he came today, since many most Do share his qualities, would you believe him given he isnt written in a book?

Can he be a normal person to you or does he need to do something special (evidence?) or you to accept and know him as the messenger you read about? Id say the other way around, but I have sun glasses. ;)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have said I do not give my view or interpretation of the world, those thoughts come from this passage;

"The world is but a show, vain and empty, a mere nothing, bearing the semblance of reality. Set not your affections upon it. Break not the bond that uniteth you with your Creator, and be not of those that have erred and strayed from His ways. Verily I say, the world is like the vapor in a desert, which the thirsty dreameth to be water and striveth after it with all his might, until when he cometh unto it, he findeth it to be mere illusion. It may, moreover, be likened unto the lifeless image of the beloved whom the lover hath sought and found, in the end, after long search and to his utmost regret, to be such as cannot “fatten nor appease his hunger.”

Bahá'í Reference Library - Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages 323-329

Regards Tony

It is not mine. Its not a Hindus. Its not a Buddhist. Its nit a Pagans. Its not our interpretation and reality.

It is yours.

It is not Our reality. Each person has their own morals, beliefs, religion, etc and see the world individually and unique to that person.

We cannot speak for each other.

Its your reality and not any one else's.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You would give, say, a Hindu the same advice that she have to look for herself to find bahaullah??

Many people (actually individuals as a whole) would look to themselves for bahaullah. Though, how can They know bahaullah from a book?

Please read my post as written. It is not about me. :(

Yes I would, if you are not searching, how else can you know Baha'u'llah in this day unless you read of Him when you hear of Him?

There is of course the way of example when a Baha'i lives the life and a person asked why you live as so, still they would have to read to know what Baha'u'llah said.

I personally found Faith only through a book.

In fact it is a Spiritual Requirement;

"THE world’s equilibrium hath been upset through the vibrating influence of this most great, this new World Order. Mankind’s ordered life hath been revolutionized through the agency of this unique, this wondrous System—the like of which mortal eyes have never witnessed.
Immerse yourselves in the ocean of My words, that ye may unravel its secrets, and discover all the pearls of wisdom that lie hid in its depths. Take heed that ye do not vacillate in your determination to embrace the truth of this Cause—a Cause through which the potentialities of the might of God have been revealed, and His sovereignty established. With faces beaming with joy, hasten ye unto Him. This is the changeless Faith of God, eternal in the past, eternal in the future. Let him that seeketh, attain it; and as to him that hath refused to seek it—verily, God is Self-Sufficient, above any need of His creatures.
Say: This is the infallible Balance which the Hand of God is holding, in which all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth are weighed, and their fate determined, if ye be of them that believe and recognize this truth. Say: Through it the poor have been enriched, the learned enlightened, and the seekers enabled to ascend unto the presence of God. Beware, lest ye make it a cause of dissension amongst you. Be ye as firmly settled as the immovable mountain in the Cause of your Lord, the Mighty, the Loving."

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can he be a normal person to you or does he need to do something special (evidence?) or you to accept and know him as the messenger you read about? Id say the other way around, but I have sun glasses. ;)

Carlita we are all Normal people, we all have to find our way in life. Not one of us is any better than another. We distinguish ourselves by the choices we make in life.

There are important requirements and this is two of them;

"O Son of Spirit!
My first counsel is this: Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart, that thine may be a sovereignty ancient, imperishable and everlasting."

"O Son of Spirit!
The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice; turn not away therefrom if thou desirest Me, and neglect it not that I may confide in thee. By its aid thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbor. Ponder this in thy heart; how it behooveth thee to be. Verily justice is My gift to thee and the sign of My loving-kindness. Set it then before thine eyes."

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Its your reality and not any one else's.

Carlita it is not my Reality, Reality is One Source, the Great beings, I die now and it remains, I am gone.

Here are some quotes from Abdul'baha;

"The first teaching of Bahá'u'lláh is the investigation of reality. Man must seek the reality himself, forsaking imitations and adherence to mere hereditary forms. As the nations of the world are following imitations in lieu of truth and as imitations are many and various, differences of belief have been productive of strife and warfare. So long as these imitations remain the oneness of the world of humanity is impossible. Therefore we must investigate the reality in order that by its light the clouds and darkness may be dispelled. Reality is one reality; it does not admit multiplicity or division. If the nations of the world investigate reality they will agree and become united..." (Abdu'l-Baha : Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section)

"Search for truth. Seek the realities in all religions. Put aside all superstitions. Many of us do not realize the Reality of all Religions, Divine Manifestations. (Abdu'l-Baha : Abdu'l-Baha in London)

They are not my realities I seek or that I have found, they are from God. My reality is bound to this world of dust, I must look further to find what it the true Reality, this reality is not mine;

'Inasmuch as human interpretations and blind imitations differ widely, religious strife and disagreement have arisen among mankind, the light of true religion has been extinguished and the unity of the world of humanity destroyed. The prophets of God voiced the spirit of unity and agreement. They have been the founders of divine reality. Therefore if the nations of the world forsake imitations and investigate the reality underlying the revealed Word of God they will agree and become reconciled. For reality is one and not multiple. (Abdu'l-Baha : Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section)

INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION OF REALITY

"Discover for yourselves the reality of things, and strive to assimilate the methods by which noble-mindedness and glory are attained among the nations and people of the world. No man should follow blindly his ancestors and forefathers. Nay, each must see with his own eyes, hear with his own ears and investigate independently in order that he may find the truth. The religion of forefathers and ancestors is based upon blind imitation. Man should investigate reality..." (Abdu'l-Baha : Divine Philosophy)

There is much written on this - Regards Tony

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Thank You. Christianity and scripture has a different take on relationships and god. Scripture has jesus and god as equals in authority. So, as high prophet (I think Acts) he speaks for god. The general consensus among all christians is only a divine perfect person can speak for god. Whether they call jesus god is personal preference. Its not divided just expressions are different with each "person" based on their roles not tbeir nature (creator, human, spirit).

Its like if I had a daughter, my love (abstract emotion), daughter, and I are different. Love is an emotion. My daughter is not a mother. Im not my daughter. So there is no division.

However, because we are One United family, my daughter is not seperate than me and our love we have for each other. We are one unit; unity. No one else.

So, when my daughter refers to me, she doesnt know what I think but because she is my daughter, she has an already inherited reason and permission to speak on my behalf. What I tell her, I give her permission to tell others.

My relationship with my daughter via love is the same concept as the trinity. Its a union with Three people (tri) not two (duality) nor four.

Not divided. They are seperate just their relationship to christians and scripture are christians use IS and scripture uses Image.

Its all in words and concepts. Not wrong just bias over demominations makes people misinterpret scripture when its there blunt. Maybe the spirituality makes one bias compared to being objective. Dont know. Interesting topic.

I like your expression that your daughter and you are one united family. Some great examples.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Carlita we are all Normal people, we all have to find our way in life. Not one of us is any better than another. We distinguish ourselves by the choices we make in life.

There are important requirements and this is two of them;

"O Son of Spirit!
My first counsel is this: Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart, that thine may be a sovereignty ancient, imperishable and everlasting."

"O Son of Spirit!
The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice; turn not away therefrom if thou desirest Me, and neglect it not that I may confide in thee. By its aid thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbor. Ponder this in thy heart; how it behooveth thee to be. Verily justice is My gift to thee and the sign of My loving-kindness. Set it then before thine eyes."

Regards Tony

If Bahaullah is normal like you and I you could worship anyone just as you do Bahaullah.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Carlita it is not my Reality, Reality is One Source, the Great beings, I die now and it remains, I am gone.

Here are some quotes from Abdul'baha;

"The first teaching of Bahá'u'lláh is the investigation of reality. Man must seek the reality himself, forsaking imitations and adherence to mere hereditary forms. As the nations of the world are following imitations in lieu of truth and as imitations are many and various, differences of belief have been productive of strife and warfare. So long as these imitations remain the oneness of the world of humanity is impossible. Therefore we must investigate the reality in order that by its light the clouds and darkness may be dispelled. Reality is one reality; it does not admit multiplicity or division. If the nations of the world investigate reality they will agree and become united..." (Abdu'l-Baha : Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section)

"Search for truth. Seek the realities in all religions. Put aside all superstitions. Many of us do not realize the Reality of all Religions, Divine Manifestations. (Abdu'l-Baha : Abdu'l-Baha in London)

They are not my realities I seek or that I have found, they are from God. My reality is bound to this world of dust, I must look further to find what it the true Reality, this reality is not mine;

'Inasmuch as human interpretations and blind imitations differ widely, religious strife and disagreement have arisen among mankind, the light of true religion has been extinguished and the unity of the world of humanity destroyed. The prophets of God voiced the spirit of unity and agreement. They have been the founders of divine reality. Therefore if the nations of the world forsake imitations and investigate the reality underlying the revealed Word of God they will agree and become reconciled. For reality is one and not multiple. (Abdu'l-Baha : Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section)

INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION OF REALITY

"Discover for yourselves the reality of things, and strive to assimilate the methods by which noble-mindedness and glory are attained among the nations and people of the world. No man should follow blindly his ancestors and forefathers. Nay, each must see with his own eyes, hear with his own ears and investigate independently in order that he may find the truth. The religion of forefathers and ancestors is based upon blind imitation. Man should investigate reality..." (Abdu'l-Baha : Divine Philosophy)

There is much written on this - Regards Tony

What I mean is, this is not my belief/religion/reality. This is not a hindus This is not a muslims. This is not a Pagans reality.

We dont take up and see any truth in the nature of what you believe. Its your belief. God does not need to believe. Bahaullah doesnt need to believe. Its not their reality. They Are reality: not my belief just how I understand from what you all believe for yourself. Not me. Not a hindu. Not a pagans.

Not god. Not bahaullah.

Its your faith. How can it be a Pagans, Hindus, and Buddhist faith too?

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

It's only 'our' faith if someone wilfully squeezes out and ignores the notable differences between every religion & spiritual practice in their quest to find a common core they have already decided must be there.

And that's what annoys me about all this Bahai stuff. It's the whole 'you're really grooving on our god. Even if you don't know it' attitude that sticks in my craw. Also their constant misrepresentations of other peoples' beliefs in order to make them sound similar to their own.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
What is reality, is found in the Bible, a spiritual story is contained in each passage. This world is a vapor in the desert, it is the illusion, it is the trap that allows material senses to dominate the Spiritual senses.

What is it we look for? It is to the example of Jesus in the Bible, where we can see it is to be used to become the embodiment of virtues, to do unto others as you would have them do to you.

The aim is to put the Will of God over our own will and desires. If you do not beleive in God, then all your motivations do come from your view of the world.

Regards Tony
Unless you believe Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible, the Bible was not written by one of the Baha'i manifestations. And when do you decide what is real and what is symbolic? Creation? No. The Flood? No. The Resurrection? No? You know that because your prophet said so. How did the ancient people know? They were told it is true and not to believe is wrong.

The Bible you believe has been stripped down to what ever is approved by the Baha'is and makes "scientific" sense. Ancient people did not have that luxury. They depended on men's interpretation of stories written by men and declared as God's Word by other men. And now you call them deluded for following the "traditions" of men? It all came from men.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member

Regards Tony
What was the truth over time in Christianity? The Catholics? The Protestants? You don't believe anything about their interpretation of the Bible?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What I mean is, this is not my belief/religion/reality. This is not a hindus This is not a muslims. This is not a Pagans reality.

We dont take up and see any truth in the nature of what you believe. Its your belief. God does not need to believe. Bahaullah doesnt need to believe. Its not their reality. They Are reality: not my belief just how I understand from what you all believe for yourself. Not me. Not a hindu. Not a pagans.

Not god. Not bahaullah.

The Great Beings are the Giver of all Life from God, without them we do not come forth. We are born with that image within us, that potential. Life is Given to bring that potential from us and to display it in this life through Faith and Deeds of service to all humanity.

If we do not, we may think we live, but the reality is we do not, we are dead, we are a rock with no understanding of our true self, our Spiritual existence. This is why Christ said we must be Born Again. That is born from the Flesh into our Spiritual Reality.

All the Great Beings talk of this required transformation in One way or another. All Faiths have a different name for it.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Unless you believe Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible, the Bible was not written by one of the Baha'i manifestations. And when do you decide what is real and what is symbolic? Creation? No. The Flood? No. The Resurrection? No? You know that because your prophet said so. How did the ancient people know? They were told it is true and not to believe is wrong.

The Bible you believe has been stripped down to what ever is approved by the Baha'is and makes "scientific" sense. Ancient people did not have that luxury. They depended on men's interpretation of stories written by men and declared as God's Word by other men. And now you call them deluded for following the "traditions" of men? It all came from men.

Baha'u'llah has confirmed it Contains the Word of God and is still valid Spiritual Guidance.

Baha'u'llah has given the keys of understanding to the questions you have asked. Did you read the Kitab-i-quan?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What was the truth over time in Christianity? The Catholics? The Protestants? You don't believe anything about their interpretation of the Bible?

The Catholic Church was the attempt at holding fast to the Covenant given by Christ.

"With regard to your question concerning the Virgin Birth of Jesus: On this point, as on several others, the Bahá’í Teachings are in full agreement with the doctrines of the Catholic Church. In the 'Kitáb-i-Íqán' (Book of Certitude) p. 56, and in a few other Tablets still unpublished, Bahá’u’lláh confirms, however indirectly, the Catholic conception of the Virgin Birth. Also ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in the 'Some Answered Questions', Chap. XII, p. 73, explicitly states that 'Christ found existence through the Spirit of God' which statement necessarily implies, when viewed in the light of the text, that Jesus was not the son of Joseph." (From a letter dated October 14, 1945 written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer)

"A Catholic background is an excellent introduction to the Faith, and one that Mrs. …should feel gratified for having had. Though doctrines of the church today are no longer needed—as the Father Himself has come, and thus fulfilled the mission of Christ the Son—yet the foundation they lay of spiritual discipline, and their emphasis on spiritual values and adherence to moral laws, is very important and very close to our own beliefs." (From a letter written on behalf of the Guardian to two believers, August 17, 1941)

The men of the time did overstep the authority they had though;

"Now with regard to your questions. First concerning the statement of Jesus Christ 'Thou art Peter and upon this rock etc.'; this saying of Jesus establishes beyond any doubt the primacy of Peter and also the principle of succession, but is not explicit enough regarding the nature and functioning of the Church itself. The Catholics have read too much into that statement, and derived from it certain conclusions which are quite unjustifiable." (From a letter written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer, September 7, 1938)

Thus the Divisions and why Christ was to return.

Regards Tony

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The Great Beings are the Giver of all Life from God, without them we do not come forth. We are born with that image within us, that potential. Life is Given to bring that potential from us and to display it in this life through Faith and Deeds of service to all humanity.

If we do not, we may think we live, but the reality is we do not, we are dead, we are a rock with no understanding of our true self, our Spiritual existence. This is why Christ said we must be Born Again. That is born from the Flesh into our Spiritual Reality.

All the Great Beings talk of this required transformation in One way or another. All Faiths have a different name for it.

Regards Tony

No we're not. We arent born with the image of god in us. There is no fixed image nor soul. Thats all the mind's delusion to look outside oneself: god, book, or self (fixed self). The potiential within us is to drop all that. When we live without dependence on teacher, being, god, or soul are mind experiences freedom. Until then, everyone: christ, muhammad, you and I do not see reality for what it us. You believe there is a god. I believe we have souls. Thats what we were taught and made personal. While it makes to us, the reality is it leads us away from freedom. Its a jail we dont know we are in.

As such, we need to drop faith. We cant have faith in a delusion. That just fires and confirms our delusion. Its a confirmation bias.

So, we "think" we have knowledge of reality, we do not. Our gods, souls, ideas of reality blinds us from what is actually real. Its not our fault. Not many people find themselves. They rather look outside. We grown up in environments that promote outside reflection to see one's real self. There are no mirrors. If we cant see ourselves and need someone else to define us whether it be gods, parents, nature, so have you, we will always be blind.

Jesus taught to look away from self. Muhammad did too. Moses. All prophets (not krishna-god nor The Buddha-man) taught to look away to god.

If you want to be blinded all your lives, thats your choice. No one can make it for you. Someday you will be reborn to a good condition again and see life as it is. Then you have the opportunity to not believe in god but be clear in mind. Until then, there is no preasure. This life is but one of many.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you want to be blinded all your lives, thats your choice. No one can make it for you. Someday you will be reborn to a good condition again and see life as it is. Then you have the opportunity to not believe in god but be clear in mind. Until then, there is no preasure. This life is but one of many.

Ha Ha, Well done. That's the Spirit :D;)

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No we're not. We arent born with the image of god in us. There is no fixed image nor soul. Thats all the mind's delusion to look outside oneself: god, book, or self (fixed self). The potiential within us is to drop all that. When we live without dependence on teacher, being, god, or soul are mind experiences freedom. Until then, everyone: christ, muhammad, you and I do not see reality for what it us. You believe there is a god. I believe we have souls. Thats what we were taught and made personal. While it makes to us, the reality is it leads us away from freedom. Its a jail we dont know we are in.

Jesus taught to look away from self. Muhammad did too. Moses. All prophets (not krishna-god nor The Buddha-man) taught to look away to god.

In Luke 17:21 it says "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Interestingly in 1894, 2 years after Baha'u'llah passed, Leo Tolstoy released a book of the Same Name.

The Kingdom of God Is Within You - Wikipedia

Regards Tony