• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Hi Adrian!

It is intriguing to note that Bahá'í pilgrims who asked 'Abdu'l-Bahá and Shoghi Effendi about Jesus's body say that both men stated that "the disciples hid the body of Christ by burying it under the wall of Jerusalem, and that it is now under the Church of the Holy Sepulchre." The Universal House of Justice adds that there is "nothing in the Writings of the Faith, however, explicitly confirming these statements.

Resurrection and Return of Jesus

Here is the pilgrim's note. I agree the remains are in earth.

People wonder what happened to the body of Christ after the crucifixion. It was buried by the disciples under the wall of Jerusalem to protect it from the Roman legions. It remained buried there for some 260 years. It remained buried under the wall of Jerusalem until the mother of the Emperor Constantine, who had herself become a Christian, came to Jerusalem and had the Church of the Holy Sepulcher built – at which time the body of Christ was removed from under the wall of the city and was placed under the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. And that is where it is today. The Baha’is should be aware of this fact when they visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, which is the holiest place in Christendom.

Ummmm! No it isn't. They just opened it up and had a special viewing of the so called "Jesus' tomb" under the church.

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/jesus-tomb-restoration-complete/index.html

The limestone piece of rock on which ‘Jesus was resurrected after crucifixion' | Daily Mail Online
04JESUS-web4-master768.jpg

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
It is a nice idea, - but, - obviously people are pointing out problems with some of Baha'u'llah's writings concerning Pagans, force, etc.

You will not ever get everybody under one religion. Lots of people are Atheist, or Polytheist, and you would have to kill them, or force them into your religion. And that is why people are bringing up the more forceful writings. You don't have the right to do such. In fact it would make you no different then the other murdering religions of Abraham.

As for that, - "It's about cooperation not competition." - You want them under your particular brand of religion, - and that is competition.

You're missing the point. The UN, the International Criminal Court, Unicef are examples of what Baha'u'llah is all about. It's not about any particular belief or unbelief but about all humanity.

The unity of mankind is including all people and has nothing to do with all people becoming Baha'is.

A World Parlialiament a world language, a world metropolis will happen when the nations decide they want it and nothing to do with becoming Baha'i.

If you read the Writings of Baha'u'llah they are for all humanity not for any one group.

The matter of religions becoming peaceful and tolerant towards each other is encouraged but whether any religion wants to amalgamate or unite with any other religion is their own affair.

We are just one of many groups trying to make this a better world for our children.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I believe Christ's Body was buried and just because they didn't find it in the place they looked doesn't mean it's not nearby.

Constantine's mother just decided that was the tomb, and had a structure built. She did this with other so-called Jesus sites too.

Hundreds of years later I might add. Not likely any of them are legit.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
The Baha'i sites make anything negative in the writings hard to find. Tons of "selected" writings. Others have pointed them out.

Maybe its hard to find the negatives because the Baha'i Faith is a positive, friendly, embracing religion.

You folks are claiming mistranslation, etc. So -

I actually went back to other Baha'i threads here to see what people had said in the past (just put Bahai in the search above.) What I found was a consistent method of shut down. Say it wasn't from an accepted Baha'i site, - or it wasn't an accepted Baha'i translation. The "accepted" translation from the "accepted" site is never given.

There is a great deal of tranlation work going on and the Baha'i writings have been translated into over 800 languages, so getting all the writings translated into English isn't the only goal with translation.

Sacred Texts

SO - if you are going to claim such - POST the ACCEPTED version so we can see for ourselves.

So in your efforts to discredit the Baha'i faith you turn to unauthorised translations of our writings by those who share your agenda to discredit our religion. Hmm, that's hardly fair.

Obviously there are Persian and Arabic writings that are yet to be translated into English, as there are English translations that are yet to be translated into other languages.

There is a real issue with ensuring quality so it takes time to manage the translation work. There is actually an enormous amount of literature that has been translated.

Once again, here is the official site with properly translated writings....

Baha'i Reference Library

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought these stories were symbolic? They really spent 40 years in the desert? What did they eat? 'Cause I know it wasn't manna sent from heaven. That's scientifically implausible.

Implausible, yes. Another story that is part truth, part allegory, part mythology. Who of us knows for certain exactly what happened.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Okay. Now I can do this. You can read the bible anyway you want. I'm looking at it objectively because I not see it as the word of god. It talks about god. People are inspired by god. I can write a book about god just as Moses. I don't see how time period and they're not being here to defend themselves make their words more valid than my words from the same god.
In fact, I do not think, when we discuss Religions, we should necessarily look at it, as the Word of God, or not. I am only pointing out accuracy and honestly as part of discussions.
If we are talking about Zoro, or Superman, Batman, we should not make up our own ideas and add to it. For instance, if a person says, Zoro had a white dog, and another person says, Zoro had a Black horse. Only the story book of zoro is a reference as to which statement is true. We look it up in the book, not what the neighbour says, even if the neighbour claims, he is the son of zoro.

When we discuss about religion, it is irrelevant what you and I believe. It is upto you what you believe, and upto me what I believe. I am not interested in what people believe. What I am interested is what a Religion teach, regardless if all people believe it is from God, or not from God.
It does not matter if you believe zoro was real or not. It does not change the fact, that the book of zoro says, zoro had a black horse. From my point of view it does not matter if you believe Jesus was real, God is real or not real. It does not change the fact, how the book describes them. I only discuss what the book describes them. It is irrelevant what Christians believe or view it, Jews, Bahais believe or view it. So, if you say, in the Bible Teachings, Church is the body of Christ, to me, it is a correct statement when, Only when you show where in Book states that. For instance you showed me, a building was built on christ. Now you are saying this building was the Church. But you need to realize, this is your personal conclusion. It is not what the Bible says. This is what I mean when I say accuracy and honesty is important. We cannot make the Scripture say, what we like it to say. We need to see, as it says, regardless of belief. In the same way that if you want to describe Zoro's horse, you don't make up you own ideas. It is what it is.
For instance when Jesus claimed He is the Messiah of the Jews, and if we want to see if He fits the Messianic Figure claim, all we need to do, is to see how the Jewish Bible describes Messiah, and then see if Jesus fits that Profile. It is irrelevant if we need Jesus was a real person, or God is real or not. We do not bring our personal opinions, and bias into the discussion. We bring correct, information, and honesty. When we do this, it does not matter what Christians believed, or Jews believed, or Muslims, or Bahais believe. We look at it with our own eye. In the same way, when Bahaullah claims He is the return of Christ, or the Qaim, then if we want to see if He can fit, we need to see how the Bible describes return of Christ, and how Islamic books describe Qaim. Then compare Bahaullah story to those. In doing so, it does not matter if one believes Bahaullah is Manifestation or not. Or even there is a God or not, Fot it does not change the fact whether He fits the Prophecies or not.
If someone predicts tomorrow will rain in New York, 20 mm by 2 O'clock and the Temperature will be 29 degrees, and Then tomorrow comes. Can we not see if it was true or not? All we need is to compare what was said, with what really happend. It does not matter if one believes it was predicted accidentally or truly.
What is strange to me, is how people bring their own ideas and bias in to this, simply because they prove their own view.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
When we discuss about religion, it is irrelevant what you and I believe. It is upto you what you believe, and upto me what I believe.

I am not interested in what people believe. What I am interested is what a Religion teach, regardless if all people believe it is from God, or not from God.

We are totally different. I don't see how world peace can happen if you're not interested in what people believe. I mean, I can sit the Bible, Quran, Lotus Sutta, and Bahallah's writings side by side and read them all; and, they, in and of themselves (except the suttas but case in point) mean nothing to me. However, if a Christian, Muslim, Nichiren Buddhist, and Bahai told me about what they believe and their experiences related and from the their given books, it makes it more personal. As a result, I learn more. When I put into action what I read in the book, the book doesn't become the source but I do-my actions. You can read about the religions all day and night. I just find it odd you don't put trust in the people you want to have peace with.
It does not matter if you believe zoro was real or not. It does not change the fact, that the book of zoro says, zoro had a black horse. From my point of view it does not matter if you believe Jesus was real, God is real or not real. It does not change the fact, how the book describes them. I only discuss what the book describes them. It is irrelevant what Christians believe or view it, Jews, Bahais believe or view it.

So, if you say, in the Bible Teachings, Church is the body of Christ, to me, it is a correct statement when, Only when you show where in Book states that. For instance you showed me, a building was built on christ. Now you are saying this building was the Church. But you need to realize, this is your personal conclusion. It is not what the Bible says. This is what I mean when I say accuracy and honesty is important. We cannot make the Scripture say, what we like it to say. We need to see, as it says, regardless of belief. In the same way that if you want to describe Zoro's horse, you don't make up you own ideas. It is what it is.

The problem is, I've shown you many many times from the scriptures you accept and you said to me "I see it the way I want to see it". That as a huge insult. If I were still a christian, I wouldn't be having this conversation because that is an insult. If you don't trust people, you cannot have peace.

But you got to read the scriptures I tell you and comment from those scriptures not refute them with your own. You're debating scripture with scripture? I used your scripture to show you my point. I used similarities but you are seeing difference. Now you confused the heck out of me.

For instance when Jesus claimed He is the Messiah of the Jews, and if we want to see if He fits the Messianic Figure claim, all we need to do, is to see how the Jewish Bible describes Messiah, and then see if Jesus fits that Profile. It is irrelevant if we need Jesus was a real person, or God is real or not. We do not bring our personal opinions, and bias into the discussion. We bring correct, information, and honesty. When we do this, it does not matter what Christians believed, or Jews believed, or Muslims, or Bahais believe. We look at it with our own eye. In the same way, when Bahaullah claims He is the return of Christ, or the Qaim, then if we want to see if He can fit, we need to see how the Bible describes return of Christ, and how Islamic books describe Qaim. Then compare Bahaullah story to those. In doing so, it does not matter if one believes Bahaullah is Manifestation or not. Or even there is a God or not, Fot it does not change the fact whether He fits the Prophecies or not.

I know you don't care about people's experiences. (Basically, you don't care about people) You just care about a book. Why be Bahai if you don't care about people's experiences-if you aren't interested in them, there is no peace. (Bahaullah had interest in other people. You're telling me something completely different Investigator)

If someone predicts tomorrow will rain in New York, 20 mm by 2 O'clock and the Temperature will be 29 degrees, and Then tomorrow comes. Can we not see if it was true or not? All we need is to compare what was said, with what really happend. It does not matter if one believes it was predicted accidentally or truly.

If you posted "you search scriptures as if it said eternal life but even scriptures testify to my behalf."

and I posted the same scripture

It means the same thing. How can you see it differently. Christ is saying you are looking to the book as if it has the answers. The book tells you he has the answers. Not the other way around.

Give me context on how you see this otherwise rather than skipping it. I addressed your scriptures. Address what I post.

What is strange to me, is how people bring their own ideas and bias in to this, simply because they prove their own view.

Yes, because if your faith says world peace, that peace is between human beings not robots. If you don't like people's opinions, why talk with people?

Why be Bahai for that matter? Christian? Buddhist? All of these faiths need you to talk with people to make world peace.

I honestly feel that your disinterest in other people's experiences is your opinion. You have to quote Bahaullah because all the scripture all of you guys quoted seem like he had some sort of love and care for people--hence the diversity part.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When I put into action what I read in the book, the book doesn't become the source but I do-my actions. You can read about the religions all day and night. I just find it odd you don't put trust in the people you want to have peace with.

Sorry This is not logical.

Say you lived your life in war and did not know peace until you read about it in a book.

You then decide I like peace, I will live it.

The Source was what you read. Your actions become deeds of the new found path in life. They help build Trust.

Now one can then Love peace so much that they want to look for the Source of the book, to see what else might be offered.

Regards Tony

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Sorry This is not logical.

Say you lived your life in war and did not know peace until you read about it in a book.

You then decide I like peace, I will live it.

The Source was what you read. Your actions become deeds of the new found path in life. They help build Trust.

Now one can then Love peace so much that they want to look for the Source of the book, to see what else might be offered.

Regards Tony

An example (edit)

Source (Mothers love and baby holding each other) then book (philosophy of a mother's love)

I know more about a mother's love talking to the mother not reading in a book. My friend is a married mother together with her wife with two beautiful kids.

If I went off books I would see them as sin, wrong, (sorry flip) love the sinner not the sin. I never liked that. Its calling love a sin.

Since I know her and her experiences with me and what she tells me with her wife and children it goes beyond books. She found her way back to god too. We were talking about bible scripture.

Books only do so much spiritually. Dont read about meditation. Shut the book. Get on your cushion. And meditate.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Books only do so much spiritually. Dont read about meditation. Shut the book. Get on your cushion. And meditate.

Right....there comes a time when I let go, this is the time and you are the lucky one :) Dizzy...Dizzy....Dizzy!

I am not sure you are aware you tend to always mix what has always been offered as good advice with a spin of dissagrement, then throw the good adivce back as the reponse against what was posted. But maybe you are aware, maybe you like to do this?

For gosh sake how many time has it been said that Deeds and Practice are True Faith. You have used the obvious to refute the Logical.

Now what needs to be practiced has a source in learning. When we are born we are born without these skills, we are born with the ability to learn and practice them.

Thus who do we learn from? History has shown our Morality and Learning comes first and foremost from the Great Beings, in whatever capacity one may see them to be. Thus what has been offered that the first place to learn about Morality is their own Persons, then their Lives and then Their Words and the stories written of them.

All this while they are in this material world, can be learnt from observance and listening to their wisdom. Once they pass on, we then have the bounty of what they lived, did and said in the Writings of their Faiths

If we wish to be True and Just to what they asked of us, we must know what it is. This is the Bounty of the Written Records. It is more than proven that unrecorded sayings passed by word of mouth are always, and I repeat always, altered.

Go play the Chinese whispers game and be amazed as to how much so. This was a fundamental lesson learnt at school in my time.

Now with that can we now cease that line of refute?

Be well and happy now, Frustration now ebbing.........:glomp:

Regards Tony

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I know what the problem is. I'm recapping what you're saying, you tell me something new, I reply to that something new, and then you say you said that before without referring to what I said so I knew you read my post and understood be before replying. Haha. Say that three times fast. :p
Right....there comes a time when I let go, this is the time and you are the lucky one :) Dizzy...Dizzy....Dizzy!

You're dizzy? If we saw each other's words as statements not refutes, then we'd have a better conversation.

I am not sure you are aware you tend to always mix what has always been offered as good advice with a spin of dissagrement, then throw the good adivce back as the reponse against what was posted. But maybe you are aware, maybe you like to do this?

Remember, I don't see disagreement (and differences etc) as negative.
So, yeah, I know it sounds like an oxymoron to you, but it really isn't.

The rest, I dont understand what you mean.

Another assertive technique to take with you with people on this board. When someone tells you a paragraph of information or less, take a point of two in your own words, recap it, an then express your reply related to it. Quotes are fine but they also cause more assumptions than summarizing. When you summarize, it makes you think. Quotes is just highlight and click.

For gosh sake how many time has it been said that Deeds and Practice are True Faith. You have used the obvious to refute the Logical.

You have done this again. You change the topic and made an oxymoronic similarity out of it. Don't know how you do it out of two differing statements. Every time I point it out, you don't refer to my new point just repeat the old point in new words. Just sayin'

-->> My question. @InvestigateTruth I think said he doesn't look at other people's experiences to know truth only sacred scripture. Is that the same for you?

Now what needs to be practiced has a source in learning. When we are born we are born without these skills, we are born with the ability to learn and practice them.

True (Hope you're reading this. I am agreeing)

True, what I am saying not debating or refuting, that I see this differently (not the same and not negative just different).

I know you believe in deeds and truth. That's not what I'm talking about.

When a baby learns from his mother, before she teaches him books, she starts with body connection and first mode of communication (sign or spoken). She starts with what the child does-is he hitting his brother or playing with the kid-safe toy or the knife he found under the couch. She focuses on action. When the child gets older, then he goes to pre-k and he starts learning from books.

1. Source->action and connection then 2. Books.
Listening-->Spoken-->Reading-->writing (Cliff notes from our lesson workshop)
You have to connect first. Langauge comes second.

I know you agree with what I'm saying. You disagree (and have been disagreeing) with the position I take on it. Big difference.

Thus who do we learn from? History has shown our Morality comes first and foremost from the Great Beings, in whatever capacity one may see them to be. Thus what has been offered that the first place to learn about Morality is their own Persons, then their Lives and then Their Words and the stories written of them.

This is your belief. Not saying you're wrong; it is just your belief.

I learned a lot from Christ and I'm taking The Precepts in September 3rd to devote myself to The Buddha's teachings and practices. However, what I do know that's different from you and I is morality is inside out not outside in. Yes, Christ points to god but god is in you. Yes, The Buddha points to the Dhamma but he says the principles of life is the Dhamma; so, there is nothing to point to but your participation in life through meditation etc. I know you know this but you disagree with the position I take on it.

I mean, I quoted the bible many times and Investigator thinks I'm seeing it from my own opinion. If I changed my religion to Christian above, maybe that would help. Something about "written/typed words" seen makes people believe more than words. Signatures are more trustworthy for some reason. People who died over 2,000 years ago have more say than your friend down the street.

I don't get it.

Nothing about what you said. The statement: I don't get it.

All this while they are in this material world, can be learnt from observance and listening to their wisdom. Once they pass on, we then have the bounty of what they lived, did and said in the Writings of their Faiths.

If we wish to be True and Just to what they asked of us, we must know what it is. This is the Bounty of the Written Records. It is more than proven that unrecorded sayings passed by word of mouth are always, and I repeat always, altered.

Question: Outside written words being inspired by god, what other authority and sacredness does written words overpower spoken ones?

Go play the Chinese whispers game and be amazed as to how much so. This was a fundamental lesson learnt at school in my time.

Mine too. Was called something else. Don't think you put too much trust in people. Yet, only people write books not ghosts and goblins (my words). So that goes to my question above. Statement

The Logic of this is unquestionable, undebateabe and fankly plain annoying that one would try to keep up this line of unreasonable and illogical arguement.

I would ask which one but too lazy to go back.

Now with that can we now cease that line of refute?

Finally you say you're refuting. I keep saying you are and you're saying you're not. I was going to pull my head off.

I'm not refuting just you don't put trust in people's opposing opinions.

Just thought that differing points of view would help each learn about each other more. I'm trying to figure out ways to understand you by scripture. Thinking of how Christ and Bahaullah can speak for your experiences. That isn't clicking with me.

And I keep going because that's just me. I like to learn. I've been in school what 13 years of my life and I finally, out of all the risk I have, decided to apply for a part time job. I wanted to do full time but I'd be at risk of losing my benefits.

Be well and happy now, Frustration now ebbing.........:glomp:

You shouldn't be frustrated if you want to make peace. That's probably why peace can't happen, Tony, all of you think us Different-Minded-People want to cause division.

I think you'll find that's wrong or misunderstood when you want to get to know us. Just sayin'

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
We do not need to go past this.

This is what we have offered. We see it as the process given by God.

You see it as you do :hugehug:

I so love agreement :grinning:

Regards Tony

Tony, I'm a writer and a deep thinker. I may not be able to articulate what I say written but that's how I communicate poetry, stories, and analogies. I take time to think about these posts. Just my fingers go faster than my thoughts so I'm always editing (look back; I edited).

I can't guess what you mean "doesn't go beyond this." I gave you a few different points.

As long as you see similarities, everything will always repeat itself.

I don't type just to type. (My words)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Nice example of positive differences (disagreements/division)

"Mommy, mommy, he's got my toy ball." Johnny cried. His mother came into the living room where her two little boys Johnny and Pat sat with their cush balls. Her ten year old daughter in her bedroom.

"No he doesn't." Mother said.

"Yeah he does. Look. His ball is blue and my ball is blue."

The mother picked up both balls and even though they were bought at the same store, same manufacturer, and same seller even, she said "but this ball is a darker shade of blue then this one." She tried to say.

The boys disagreed. "No. He has my ball. No he has my ball." They bickered. For some reason, both boys having two blue balls made them fight. The mother couldn't understand. She scratched her head thinking if she brought them the same color balls they would be happy.

Then ten year old Janet came in with a beautiful yellow ball and a pink one in her other hand. "Stop crying," she told her brothers.

She gave Johnny the pink ball and Pat the yellow one. They gradually stopped crying. The mother was happy in one way but puzzled in another. I brought them the same ball, same store, same seller, same company, and yet my sons are unhappy. But then ol' Janet comes in with different valley balls and they are happy. Why are they happy.

"Look, Johnny, my ball has a glow and it looks like the sun."

"Look. Look. Look." Pat, pulled him, "mine look almost like red like the color of the rainbow."

Janet smiled at her mother again. "Yeah, I know, ma. I know. You keep giving them the same color and same toy they'll never appreciate the differences in things." Even more so, the mother learned that it's not just appreciating the difference is when she saw her boys take pride in their own toys, they felt happy to share their colors with each other. Yes, we can all play games and the size of the vallys are still the same. They are both toys.

But these similarities are not what made the boys happy. It was their differences that made each other happy.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Maybe its hard to find the negatives because the Baha'i Faith is a positive, friendly, embracing religion.

I'm going with purposely made hard to find. Thus people and sites against are pointing them out. If there is no problem with the texts, and they are mistranslated, etc., then post the accepted version. Though I might add, as with any religion, changes can be made in translation to make it say something else.

"friendly, embracing religion" - Except for what has already been pointed out, including problems with true equality between men and women. No acceptance of Pagan religions, - and what Bahaullah, and next in line, have said about such.

There is a great deal of tranlation work going on and the Baha'i writings have been translated into over 800 languages, so getting all the writings translated into English isn't the only goal with translation.

Sacred Texts

With the majority of the world speaking it as a second language - it should be.

So in your efforts to discredit the Baha'i faith you turn to unauthorised translations of our writings by those who share your agenda to discredit our religion. Hmm, that's hardly fair.

Obviously there are Persian and Arabic writings that are yet to be translated into English, as there are English translations that are yet to be translated into other languages.

There is a real issue with ensuring quality so it takes time to manage the translation work. There is actually an enormous amount of literature that has been translated.

Once again, here is the official site with properly translated writings....

Baha'i Reference Library

I am not trying to discredit your religion. I'm already said it does better then most patriarchal religions.

However we are being given the fluffy bunny love version.

Every time someone brings up a quote showing a problem, - or a site claiming problems in your writings, you folks turn to "not an authorized translation," "from an unauthorized site," "you don't understand," "meant for a later time," etc.

Of course they are most likely going to come from an - unauthorized - source. That is how such info comes to light amongst the "love" fest.

And the actual inequality of women in your religion comes straight from your accepted writings. If you can't be at the top making the rules and judgments with the men, - then you are not truly equal.

That is just the way it is.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
You're missing the point. The UN, the International Criminal Court, Unicef are examples of what Baha'u'llah is all about. It's not about any particular belief or unbelief but about all humanity.

The unity of mankind is including all people and has nothing to do with all people becoming Baha'is.

"Unity" but not acceptance.

A World Parlialiament a world language, a world metropolis will happen when the nations decide they want it and nothing to do with becoming Baha'i.

A secondary world language would be great - however, - I like my languages, and culture.

And I don't think a world parliament could keep things under control. Smaller groups obviously can't keep control, - so how exactly is a stretched thin "world" parliament going to work?

If you read the Writings of Baha'u'llah they are for all humanity not for any one group.

The matter of religions becoming peaceful and tolerant towards each other is encouraged but whether any religion wants to amalgamate or unite with any other religion is their own affair.

We are just one of many groups trying to make this a better world for our children.

Their own affair? Your religion wants to be the world religion, - with a world parliament.

What happens to pagans, and atheists, and homosexuals, then?

The writings bring these into question.