• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Apparently one can be different and the same at the same time, or agree and disagree simultaneously. I did not know that.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you understand why Hinduis, Jews, and Christians (and a Muslim) corrects you?

I have read and tried to understand why Baha'u'llah has correcred all the misunderstandings of the past.

Where we disagree... gosh, that's like pulling food out of your teeth. I mean, you already said you chose not to look at differences [because they cause division]. Did you change your mind?

No it is because we keep replying to post that concentrate on differences.

Would you like to try the other way now, are you seeing the benefit of exploring the common foundations?

Regards Tony.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Carlita, even within Hinduism, there are various interpretations of reincarnation. Hindus will all agree to disagree, but maintain civility, and agree not to argue endlessly about it. For example, some sects believe that humans can be reincarnated as animals, while others like mine, just don't.

So it begs the question, which version of Hinduism's many versions of reincarnation do the Baha'i' feel is the same as theirs? It obviously can't be ALL of them. (As far as I know, it's none of them, but I'm not all that familiar with the other ones outside my sampradaya.)

Ha. I honestly don't know. I mean, christians have so many beliefs but I personally feel one isn't a christian unless they are part of the body of christ. Bahai doesn't agree. Yet, millions of people Catholics, Lutherans, Orthodox, Methodist, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, and Jehovah's Witnesses would agree. You have to be part of a community to do god's work.

I can't say for sure. They didn't ask me my views about Christianity; so, it's hard to know if they understand why I believe what I do, but even so, which version of christianity is the right one? Most christians are trinitarians. They don't believe in the trinity. Jehovah's Witness would say they don't believe in the trinity but they compare denominational opinions rather than the actual practice that makes christ "god." Community of people/body in union with god. That's all the trinity means.

Anyway, I can go on with this. I talk better when we talk about experiences. Quoting scriptures and studying etc wont help because I don't have the context to use it with authority.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have read and tried to understand why Baha'u'llah has correcred all the misunderstandings of the past.

No it is because we keep replying to post that concentrate on differences.

Would you like to try the other way now, are you seeing the benefit of exploring the common foundations?

Regards Tony.

What do we have in common as foundational differences? (lol if your peace is mine, what's my peace?)

You told me virtues-love, compassion, etc-but it goes deeper than that. Another repeated question.

You believe in god and I don't.

Like I asked, how do you get deeper into this point blank statement? Your common foundation is god. Mine is not.

Differences makes us who we are as people. If you try to make me look like you (if we tried to make ourselves look like the other), I don't think we want to look in the mirror.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Apparently one can be different and the same at the same time, or agree and disagree simultaneously. I did not know that.

This is interesting for sure.

It is also has deep in meaning which will require much meditation.

There is Affirmation and Negation. It is interesting that the Faith of Muhammad was one of Negation. A Muslim says there is "No God but God". 'No God' being the Negation before the Affirmation 'but God'.

The Bab has explained this, but it is out of my spiritual depth, though it did spark many other thoughts and I find it a very interesting topic.

Consider a new Religion, the Truth, is born out of so much rejection. Rejection being at this time neccessary for the growth of Faith.

Also one Can see a Messenger as God (Like Krishna is seen) or one can see the Mesenger as a Mediator. Both views are not wrong until they become a point of dissagreement when both would be wrong.

This is explained in the Kitab-i-iqan.

As this is my personal view on the writings, other people will have different thoughts.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Tony, changing them to suit his agenda isn't the same as 'correcting'. He started from one premise, and then altered everything under the sun to suit that premise. That's not correcting, but re-interpreting.

Jews, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, etc. don't feel they have any misunderstandings of the world. Everyone feels their interpretation of how things go is accurate. Different from others, yes, but accurate for themselves. It's what we all believe. There is no 'right or wrong' in this as Baha'u'llah seems to believe. It's fine for him to believe whatever he thinks, to say whatever he believes. But while doing that, if he tells everyone else they are wrong, then he has crossed a line. His ego or stubborn insistence that he's right and all other world views are wrong, gets in the way of seeing the bigger picture.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Me: I live in Canada. I live in new York City. I married. I'm gay. I'm hetero. I own a Toyota. I feel pain. I'm wearing two different colored socks.
The other side: I see. I see. many different ways of saying the same thing. Thank you for explaining so clearly.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What do we have in common as foundational differences? (lol if your peace is mine, what's my peace?)

Your question again spins what has been said into what is not said.

It is contained in this.

"Be generous in prosperity, and thankful in adversity. Be worthy of the trust of thy neighbor, and look upon him with a bright and friendly face. Be a treasure to the poor, an admonisher to the rich, an answerer of the cry of the needy, a preserver of the sanctity of thy pledge. Be fair in thy judgment, and guarded in thy speech. Be unjust to no man, and show all meekness to all men. Be as a lamp unto them that walk in darkness, a joy to the sorrowful, a sea for the thirsty, a haven for the distressed, an upholder and defender of the victim of oppression. Let integrity and uprightness distinguish all thine acts. Be a home for the stranger, a balm to the suffering, a tower of strength for the fugitive. Be eyes to the blind, and a guiding light unto the feet of the erring. Be an ornament to the countenance of truth, a crown to the brow of fidelity, a pillar of the temple of righteousness, a breath of life to the body of mankind, an ensign of the hosts of justice, a luminary above the horizon of virtue, a dew to the soil of the human heart, an ark on the ocean of knowledge, a sun in the heaven of bounty, a gem on the diadem of wisdom, a shining light in the firmament of thy generation, a fruit upon the tree of humility".

If all acheive that we have Unity and Peace.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
You would be very surprised, everything has meaning, even the reincarnation of all past rejections.

Regards Tony
But of course that's what you would say. You always say the same agreeable stuff. lol It's far too predictable, after so long. Baha'u'llah and his followers know all, after all.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It is contained in this.

"Be generous in prosperity, and thankful in adversity. Be worthy of the trust of thy neighbor, and look upon him with a bright and friendly face. Be a treasure to the poor, an admonisher to the rich, an answerer of the cry of the needy, a preserver of the sanctity of thy pledge. Be fair in thy judgment, and guarded in thy speech. Be unjust to no man, and show all meekness to all men. Be as a lamp unto them that walk in darkness, a joy to the sorrowful, a sea for the thirsty, a haven for the distressed, an upholder and defender of the victim of oppression. Let integrity and uprightness distinguish all thine acts. Be a home for the stranger, a balm to the suffering, a tower of strength for the fugitive. Be eyes to the blind, and a guiding light unto the feet of the erring. Be an ornament to the countenance of truth, a crown to the brow of fidelity, a pillar of the temple of righteousness, a breath of life to the body of mankind, an ensign of the hosts of justice, a luminary above the horizon of virtue, a dew to the soil of the human heart, an ark on the ocean of knowledge, a sun in the heaven of bounty, a gem on the diadem of wisdom, a shining light in the firmament of thy generation, a fruit upon the tree of humility".

If all achieve that we have Unity and Peace.

Regards Tony

The last line kind of changed the whole post.

If we were all polytheist who looked to the Spirits for guidance, protection, and strength. If we all valued differences as the core of our foundation without said one god or another to be head of all. If we valued the title of a man in one community than the authority of a man over another. If we didn't set values for other people to achieve (say one day people will come to Christ). If people were free to express themselves-in ways that even some religions would deem immoral.

If it wasn't the ideal trait to be generous, humble, kind, and so forth but rather our integrity would be healthy regardless if we are geneous as our characteristic or if we are blunt and forthright in our speech.

If we took off our bias and say:

The murderer is not immoral nor more than I am as human beings. If I can put a murderer, a child abuser, in the same place as those who are geneous and are kind to strangers

without reservations to charity.

Then that would be greater peace for me.

If I said that if we all achieved my greater peace (I just threw that list out there) and we will all be united, I'd be a hypocrite.

Since unity and commonality isn't my peace and common foundation, no, I don't agree with your post because it's all founded on god and common foundation. These are lesser peace or surface level and they are built on totally different things.

I can learn a lot from reincarnation and the values you mentioned from it but my understanding of reincarnation is surface level (if that, lol). That is a foundational belief in Hinduism (as so I remember Vinakaya saying) and Bahai does not believe in that,

so the things you mention that make us Bahai

can only make us like you-unity-all of that if we agree.

Agree
Unity
Comformity
Togetherness
Oneness

All of these adjectives must be present. There is no "they will be like us someday." (If we acheive these characteristics some day)

It's if we can find our characteristics that everyone agrees with then that is "oneness" or unity. But if a murderer's values is to take a life and a Buddhist value is to save a life, and you say they have something in common, what.

(By the way, you never did answer the murder question. I think it probably made you uncomfortable. I put a period there on purpose)

RoaringSilence

This is interesting for sure.

It is also has deep in meaning which will require much meditation.

There is Affirmation and Negation. It is interesting that the Faith of Muhammad was one of Negation. A Muslim says there is "No God but God". 'No God' being the Negation before the Affirmation 'but God'.

The Bab has explained this, but it is out of my spiritual depth, though it did spark many other thoughts and I find it a very interesting topic.

Consider a new Religion, the Truth, is born out of so much rejection. Rejection being at this time neccessary for the growth of Faith.

Also one Can see a Messenger as God (Like Krishna is seen) or one can see the Mesenger as a Mediator. Both views are not wrong until they become a point of dissagreement when both would be wrong.

This is explained in the Kitab-i-iqan.

As this is my personal view on the writings, other people will have different thoughts.

Regards Tony
tony kindly grab and read a copy of bhagwat gita .. krishna = god , daddy of god , grand daddy of god. shiva = great great grand dad. and they all are the same. talk of trinity we have 108 trinities in a connected equilateral triangle.

RoaringSilence

tony kindly grab and read a copy of bhagwat gita .. krishna = god , daddy of god , grand daddy of god. shiva = great great grand dad. and they all are the same. talk of trinity we have 108 trinities in a connected equilateral triangle. we are the inventors of amway multi level marketing concept too...its stolen from hinduism

I AM MY OWN GRANDPA

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I understood what he was saying with the reply as would any oerson that has pursued the Writings of Baha'u'llah.

They are the key to understanding all the Holy Books of the past.

Can this be confirmed, yes but only by seing if it is so by ones own just search.

Regards Tony

Also with this. I've read the Bible. The problem is, Bahai may correlate to scripture. Scripture doesn't correlate to Bahai.

I've read The Buddha Suttas. That is even worse in correlation because there is no god as a core foundation. But Bahai believes there is.

Just reading what Vinakaya, CG, and even @Saint Frankenstein posted on this thread about Hinduism and my little research shows that like Buddhism, they have nothing in common other than surface level virtues (results of believing or practicing) and belief in a creator (however defined).

Islam sees the biblical figures as prophets not manifestations and never equal to god.

Jews do not have manifestations and their facts about their own belief, culture, and practice that come from god overrides Bahai view which is secondary and outside interpretation from their god.

If it's the same god, they are saying two totally different things.

My professor calls it Primary Source and Secondary Source. Primary source is the facts themselves without reworded, collection, or interpretation. A Primary Source would be Moses' tablets written in Hebrew or the NT written in Greek, Aramaic, etc. The actual documents.

Secondary source, which most non culturalist go off of, are collections of books, interpretations, (visions, and so forth) that are not by the original person(s) who wrote or took pictures of the original source. It's an interpretation.

Most sacred-book believer is going by secondary sources.

What's more is the secondary sources you are using are interpreted by someone who does not practice the faith.

Instead of asking Krishna how to interpret Hindu text, you ask Bahaullah.

I don't see the sense in that at all.

The Suttas are so far out there that I can't even begin to compare how Bahaullah's teachings are so disimular outside the results of the practice or belief itself.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Another fundamental belief in Hinduism is the entire Hindu temple, and the use of statues and icons to beseech the presence of God. This ceremonial 'calling' is called puja, and is at the core of what some call bhakti yoga, others call kriya, some see it as a stage, others as a separate path. My city has 10 temples, India has over a million, and for the vast majority of Hindus, temple worship is integral. For many it is the essential practice, showing devotion, making garlands, decorating the icons (accurately called murthies in Hinduism) My local temple is in the middle of a festival right now and ceremonies are going on 10-12 hours a day. It's a time of recharging, of music, of reunion, of great joy, of beautiful colours, of scents and sounds, of inner peace. It is incredibly rich, esoteric, amazing, beautiful to behold. Priests chant their vedic chants, sacrificial fires burn, ceremonial bathing od murthies goes on for hours. At the core of this is the murthy, the statue imbibed with the electricity of the deity, as an electric light glows when the electricity is turned on.

Baha'i' has nothing even remotely close. This is not philosophy, but practice. So it's not the same fundamentals ... at all.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I AM MY OWN GRANDPA

My nephew is my Grandfather. My daughter is a family friend, Another daughter is my father-in-law. Yet another daughter is a Tamil who died in that tragic Sri Lankan war. Interesting way to emigrate. I'm a Bengali.

And so it goes. The patterns of reincarnation repeat, over and over, until, finally, the soul intuitively knows it's time to seek moksha, that ultimate release from duality.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I just wish all well and happy and all the best in this life.

May we all meet one day in our common foundation.

Regards Tony