• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"How and Why Did Religion Evolve?"

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Religion evolved as a response to reckon with death. A whole lot of people don't want to accept that life is finite when it is a likely prospect. A whole lot of people want answers to existential questions.

It sells as an answer. So there is the political motivation of those who create religious stories. Its a way to unite people and build power. Reality doesn't sell as well as imagination.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
I looked at this BBC article briefly and it quickly headed off into territory that did not interest me. Did religion evolve? Are the authors asking the right questions about the issue? They use several premises that seem meaningless to me. In one, they use Bonobos (a type of Ape) and the fact that they 'food share' as a type of religious conduct.

You are welcome to read the article. I think it will likely appeal most to the non religious. Still, I ask the question of where did religion come from? Were Adam and Eve religious? They knew and had talked to God, why would they need religion? Was Abraham religious? Was Moses or Job? What about David or Solomon? Remember that David had Jonothan who apparently did the religious book keeping.

Then eventually Jesus came along and we were given instruction. Looking back, was the contact that Moses had with God in the Desert religion?

As I think about it, perhaps I don't want religion. Perhaps what I want is to sit with God, be instructed by him, corrected for my mistakes, taught his plans, and know if there is a way for me to support that. To show love and respect, and to live up to his expectations?

religion does not change or develop
All the prophets had same religion with same pillars of faith (same message)
God is one and nothing like him

Religion was not developed in short

The laws always come diluted by God Almighty to facilitate the lives of creatures
Every time, God Almighty decides to relieve the human being because his failure to apply strict standards to encourage him to continue obeying God with Proportional different human customs and cultures.

In every era and development in a particular ceiling, the prophets come to develop new laws that accompany the way of life they live.

The last laws was Islam because it is consistent with the official way of life that God wants and it is the last mitigation that God can accept for human (according to the principles of Islamic laws)

It is true that a person is free to choose

However, the student of the school must adhere to the laws of the school in order to be a student in it

Likewise, a person must abide by the laws of the goddess to be accepted as obedient to God Almighty

Tambourine

I'm not sure if "evolved" is the right term to use. Personally I'd rather go with "invented" or "created" - we're not looking at random biochemical processes, after all, but collective human thought and action.