• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How and out of what did God create the universe?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
if you look at the kinds of forces and materials we have in the universe, you can see that there is nothing special or glorious about any of it.
life is a beggar in the universe! , and any creative intellect in it is bound to the universe.
So if you are postulating God, you are talking about the possibility of a total else existence, and a great being that does nothing with the life problems on earth.

The only religious argument that is valid is the intelligence behind living creatures existing in a brutal, dark, void and indifferent universe. it's a total mystery how intelligence emerged, or was created by evolutionary processes.
God is not omnipotent, nor omnipresent!
Justice doesn't reign on earth, and evil is a rampant force here.
God would have to be by all evidences, a beggar in the universe.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So if you are postulating God, you are talking about the possibility of a total else existence, and a great being that does nothing with the life problems on earth.
If you believe the concept of God represents total existence, then there is nothing that is not an aspect of the omnipresent God. And what you call the problems on earth may be merely the dualistic judgement of a human being about the apparent local activity within the indivisible one God.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Milton Platt

Well, if you accept God as an infinite, all-powerful being, then the general theological premise is that He created it out of nothing by mechanism of His will. If you accept--or define God--as being existing before logic and physics and such, then He didn't need to create the Universe from anything, now did he?

It is hard, sometimes, to imagine "something made from nothing," but that is a constraint INSIDE our Universe. We do not know the structure of God's supernatural reality, nor what rules (if any) constrain it. Most theological constructions build God as constrained by nothing, including logic and that which is possible.

Individual religions present different answers to that question, but they all read to me as just concrete ways of wording the same general concept: He built the Universe with His will and from That Which Exists Before Anything (which has been called Nothing, the Tao, Yin/Yang, the Firmament, Substance, whatever). It doesn't really matter what you call it, though, I don't think, so long as it is recognized as material that does not substantively exist inside the Universe (let it be noted that nothingness does not substantively exist inside our Universe, so that's a legitimate material for this semantic point).

The problem with that is that theists regularly say that you cannot creat something from nothing.

Maponos

Welcome to the Opera
Everything came forth from Chaos, so there isn't a creator god in the way that most people understand it.

Chaos is described as something where all the elements are smashed together.

My guess is that certain entities willed themselves to be apart of Chaos and create something and not be a part of one mass.

So, to answer your question: Chaos.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
The title says it all. I want to know how and out of what God created the universe from.
I should emphasise that I'm not interested in the order in which God created things
(i.e. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth). I'm interested in how
he managed to do that; and out of what, if anything.

It's a good question, 100 years ago atheists used to be believe the universe was static/eternal (no creation = no creator), but from all we can tell now, there was a very specific creation event 14 odd billions years ago, when literally all space/time matter/energy as we can possibly ever know it, came into existence, according to very specific instructions in the primeval atom, or singularity

We also know that solid matter itself is an illusion of sorts, just energy, which in turn seems to boil down to pure information, and I think that is the closest thing to an answer. God created the information, the engineering designs for everything, including time and mass and what we think of as 'stuff' itself- and only a creative intelligence can create such things

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
It's a good question, 100 years ago atheists used to be believe the universe was static/eternal (no creation = no creator), but from all we can tell now, there was a very specific creation event 14 odd billions years ago, when literally all space/time matter/energy as we can possibly ever know it, came into existence, according to very specific instructions in the primeval atom, or singularity
Source please
And so there is no "misunderstanding"...
Please be so kind as to present/link the studies that make the same claim as you "there was a very specific creation event"...

Faithofchristian

The title says it all. I want to know how and out of what God created the universe from.
I should emphasise that I'm not interested in the order in which God created things
(i.e. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth). I'm interested in how

That is something that the infinite minds of humans can not comprehend.How God can make something out of nothing.
Humans will say that is impossible. But with God all things are possible with God.

That is why God is called
The Almighty God.

That is why The Almighty God can do things, that are impossible for humans to do or comprehend.

allfoak

Alchemist
Everything is made from thought.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
the universe is utter chaos , consciousness is a fringe product of it. I suppose life springs up anywhere the conditions allow.

consciousness is the eternal beggar of existence.

the question for me is , is consciousness a force in the universe and are we spawned from it?

did we really win a thousand lotteries in a row to even exist, or does consciousness have a force of it's own to create life?

I mean if we can simulate a universe of our own, would life be an inevitable occurrence of purely random chaos? and is there higher realities.

Milton Platt

Well, if you accept God as an infinite, all-powerful being, then the general theological premise is that He created it out of nothing by mechanism of His will. If you accept--or define God--as being existing before logic and physics and such, then He didn't need to create the Universe from anything, now did he?

It is hard, sometimes, to imagine "something made from nothing," but that is a constraint INSIDE our Universe. We do not know the structure of God's supernatural reality, nor what rules (if any) constrain it. Most theological constructions build God as constrained by nothing, including logic and that which is possible.

Individual religions present different answers to that question, but they all read to me as just concrete ways of wording the same general concept: He built the Universe with His will and from That Which Exists Before Anything (which has been called Nothing, the Tao, Yin/Yang, the Firmament, Substance, whatever). It doesn't really matter what you call it, though, I don't think, so long as it is recognized as material that does not substantively exist inside the Universe (let it be noted that nothingness does not substantively exist inside our Universe, so that's a legitimate material for this semantic point).

1. Is there anything outside our universe? Evidence please....
2. If something can be made from nothing, then why is a god isn't needed?......
3. What is "nothing"? We don't have an example of nothing to examine.

Milton Platt

But why would you accept god as any of those things without evidence? And saying he made the universe from nothing is just restating the question.....HOW did he make it from nothing.....what was the process?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Given that there isn't a nothingness,
and that there was a singularity within it,
is your 'god' within nothingness or within the singularity ?
If indeed 'it' was within the singularity, then.....
I would assume that 'god' made everything with pieces of the singularity!
~
now.....wasn't that easy !

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
errrrrrr.....how can 'god' be separate ?
and if nothingness isn't anything,
then the singularity was everything, everywhere !
wasn't it ?