• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How a simple act of kindness from a stranger ended my career as a neo-Nazi

sooda

Veteran Member
How a simple act of kindness from a stranger ended my career as a neo-Nazi

When news broke last week that a gunman had stormed a mosque in New Zealand, unlike most, I didn’t ask myself ‘How could someone do that?’ I have a very good understanding of what motivates a white supremacist – I used to be one.

At 15, my hometown in Norway received a lot of refugees from the civil war in former Yugoslavia. My friends and I did not like outsiders so we would get in fights with them.

Then the anarchists came to town. They took drugs, squatted in a house and sprayed anti-establishment slogans all over it. The neo-Nazis who lived nearby hated these anarchists – so your enemy’s enemy becomes your friend, so to speak.

By the time I was 17 I was a fully-fledged, Holocaust-denying neo-Nazi.

I spent the next six years entrenched in KKK propaganda and rose up to become the leader of one of Norway’s most violent hate groups. We called ourselves the Einzats Gruppen and KKK Norway and we believed Jewish people wanted to mix the world’s races and exterminate the white race, our race.

‘This moment - it completely shattered my worldview.’
I may have continued down this path if it weren’t for a few twists of fate that made me question my beliefs.

I was invited to go to South Africa to join the neo-Nazi movement there called the Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging (AWB). Mandela was president and the AWB expected an all-out war.

I thought I was meeting up with like-minded people, but this wasn’t the case.

continued

(Wow.. that's some story)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Vee

Premium Member
There are some pretty amazing life stories out there. I particularly like this one:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
It is good to hear that love and kindness can change a person in the degree it happen to you :)
I'm sorry if I gave the impression it was about me. I've had my own personal journey along somewhat similar lines, but the article in the OP was not about me personally, I just thought it was worth sharing. I've edited the OP to avoid giving the wrong impression.

I'm glad you thought it was a good story, though.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm sorry if I gave the impression it was about me. I've had my own personal journey along somewhat similar lines, but the article in the OP was not about me personally, I just thought it was worth sharing. I've edited the OP to avoid giving the wrong impression.

I'm glad you thought it was a good story, though.
That is ok :) I am sure you are a good person :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I found the story very compelling and this image worth keeping in mind

54f58a77-cb83-49b2-aeeb-b723478323e8