• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

House Republican Leader McCarthy unveils "Commitment to America"

Shaul

Premium Member
I don't believe things without at least some evidence that indicates it's probably true. All you are doing is echoing right-wing propaganda, or so it seems. Meanwhile, with all the evidence of Trump's moral decadence that is now confirmed, that you ignore and try to explain away and/or slip into whataboutism.
Simply put, if you dismiss a potentiality the potential remains. If you prepare for it the potential diminishes. It's not a matter of believing that the deleterious has already happened. It is asserting that it could and prudently guarding against the possibility. It has nothing to do with any political persuasion. A scrupulously apolitical IRS is a benefit to all.

Shaul

Premium Member
U.S. conservatives tend to be very jingoistic, and some even sincerely believe that God favors America (and Israel) above the rest.
"America is exceptional" isn't jingoism nor is it only conservatives that believe in it.
"I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism."-Barack Obama
As for G-d's favor, He loves every nation. He blesses those nations that seek Him and His ways.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Simply put, if you dismiss a potentiality the potential remains. If you prepare for it the potential diminishes. It's not a matter of believing that the deleterious has already happened. It is asserting that it could and prudently guarding against the possibility. It has nothing to do with any political persuasion. A scrupulously apolitical IRS is a benefit to all.
It is always good to keep a watchful eye. But frankly I think your real problem is the tax structure. And all you can do is make sure the IRS is enforcing the tax law, and enforcing it equally.

You need Congress to make the tax laws more fair.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
"America is exceptional" isn't jingoism nor is it only conservatives that believe in it.
"I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism."-Barack Obama
As for G-d's favor, He loves every nation. He blesses those nations that seek Him and His ways.
I don't know, I think that's an American thing. I haven't heard many people, aside from Americans, say such things about the country they're from.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The "A future That's Built on Freedom" page was hilarious. Their ****-poor record regarding liberty aside (bodily autonomy, gay marriage, cannabis legalization, etc.) that page only highlighted their desire to keep the quality of education subpar, to keep the healthcare system a predatory debt-inducing racket, and to prevent private companies from filtering hate speech and misinformation on their own platforms.
Oh, you so misunderstand "freedom".
It's about liberty for people who think exactly as
he does, to behave as they want. To think & act
differently is to sin, ie, to be evil. That must be
prohibited & severely sanctioned against.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But if one slips into whatifism minus what we do know, then nothing can be said. There are all sorts of crosschecks with the DoJ, FBI, CIA, DHS, etc., for them supposedly all being on board for such a massive conspiracy to defraud the public, so there's a far better chance of me getting killed by a meteorite while I'm posting.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :fearscream: