• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

House Impeachment Vote, 1/13/21

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Good News:

10 Republicans voted to Impeach. On Principle (that's one of the good news parts)

The total vote to Impeach actually was one vote higher than the first impeachment in 2019, even though there are now less Democrats.
That's the advantage of having solid grounds for impeachment.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I just saw this in one of my news feeds.

ErouIoXUcAA49if

Seems kind of lukewarm.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Still unable to acknowledge that he was responsible for how his minions (mis)understood him last Wednesday.

I find it disturbing that adults in 2021 can use the excuse "he told me to do it" to try to justify their criminal activities. Let's stop and think... if he made a comment that remotely encouraged people setting themselves on fire, would they be justified in claiming he encouraged it? When are people going to stop pointing fingers and take responsibility for their own actions? Using Miss Glumdalklitch's example from 4th grade (I have no idea who Miss Glumdalklitch is): "if Johnny told you to jump off a bridge would you?" The problem is not with Johnny.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Still unable to acknowledge that he was responsible for how his minions (mis)understood him last Wednesday.
At this point I suspect that that is a legal strategy.
If he acknowledges it he will have hell to pay in court...

All he is doing now is attempt at damage control for the court cases later.