• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

House Committee concludes, Trump and Russia, no collusion

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
This is the longest whataboutism I've ever seen, I'll pass.

Nothing Republicans have done excuses Democratic behavior. Vice-versa. It's simply not a defense.
o_O
I never said it did.

You claimed: “There is simply no comparison to the silliness the Democrats are currently involved with.”

I demonstrated that Republicans engaged in silliness many times over that currently demonstrated by Democrats, your faulty memory not withstanding.

And you asked “What do you got? Obama birther conspiracy? Pfft, that's nothing...”

I showed you what I got, just like you asked.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
o_O
I never said it did.

You claimed: “There is simply no comparison to the silliness the Democrats are currently involved with.”

I demonstrated that Republicans engaged in silliness many times over that currently demonstrated by Democrats, your faulty memory not withstanding.

And you asked “What do you got? Obama birther conspiracy? Pfft, that's nothing...”

I showed you what I got, just like you asked.

Completely different administrations as well. Trump basically gutted the RNC, so again there is no comparison. It's like saying pre-Trump RNC and post Trump are the same thing. They aren't, in name only.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Unfortunately, this committees results are of little consequence. All eyes are on Mueller (and always have been).

That said, it is a risky move. If the Mueller investigation ends up finding no collusion they will come away smelling like roses. If he concludes there was collusion, however unlikely, the Republican members of the committee will look more than a bit foolish.

My guess? My crystal ball informed me that Trump (and the Trump team) will get much what Hillary got over her emails. "You are very naughty, but did nothing illegal."

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Completely different administrations as well. Trump basically gutted the RNC, so again there is no comparison. It's like saying pre-Trump RNC and post Trump are the same thing. They aren't, in name only.
I am not sure how this is relevant. You claimed there was no comparison. I demonstrated that there was, indeed, a comparison.

If the current crop of Democrats vanish tonight at 9:34pm, would you think that meant they never engaged in silly criticisms of Trump? Of course not. Their actions— and the comparison to the Republicans of Obama’s tenure— remains.

As for Trump gutting the RNC: By my reckoning, there were only 12 Republican seats changed in the House and 2 in the Senate in the 2016 elections. Not to mention, the Speaker of the House (Paul Ryan) and the Senate Majority Leader (Mitch McConnell) have remained. It’s literally nearly all the same Republicans.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
The House Intel Committee played partisan politics as usual, and in no way reflected what Mueller's end to the investigation might show. They admitted Russia meddled in the election, but stopped short of saying it benefited Trump. That was clear omission.

You guys want us to act like they based this on clear thinking, rather than usual GOP partisan tactics.

idav

Being
Premium Member
There is simply no comparison to the silliness the Democrats are currently involved with. They're so deep off the left end of the spectrum they might as well start calling themselves Communists. That's saying a lot from my perspective, since I am so middle of the road center. :D

What do you got? Obama birther conspiracy? Pfft, that's nothing... These guys literally invent new crap every day. Simply no comparison, just a ton of salty salty salt.
You kidding me, my state and county voted blue yet there were enough in a rally to chant “lock her up”. Lets not pretend the Repubs aren’t still whining about some dumb emails.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
You kidding me, my state and county voted blue yet there were enough in a rally to chant “lock her up”. Lets not pretend the Repubs aren’t still whining about some dumb emails.
This is an excellent point. Republicans are still out for blood regarding Hilary's emails, despite the FBI investigation finding nothing to charge her with.

But it’s democrats who are silly for not immediately dropping the Trump-Russia investigation after a partisan Committee says “nothing to see here!”, despite other investigations still on-going. :rolleyes:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I am not sure how this is relevant. You claimed there was no comparison. I demonstrated that there was, indeed, a comparison.

If the current crop of Democrats vanish tonight at 9:34pm, would you think that meant they never engaged in silly criticisms of Trump? Of course not. Their actions— and the comparison to the Republicans of Obama’s tenure— remains.

As for Trump gutting the RNC: By my reckoning, there were only 12 Republican seats changed in the House and 2 in the Senate in the 2016 elections. Not to mention, the Speaker of the House (Paul Ryan) and the Senate Majority Leader (Mitch McConnell) have remained. It’s literally nearly all the same Republicans.

Yeah, but who is in charge does matter. The President nearly has full control of the party in most cases. If you don't think that is the case, I beg to differ. They're either going to help his agenda or lose the race next time, so guess what they do? Yeah, they don't gamble.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Unfortunately, this committees results are of little consequence. All eyes are on Mueller (and always have been).

That said, it is a risky move. If the Mueller investigation ends up finding no collusion they will come away smelling like roses. If he concludes there was collusion, however unlikely, the Republican members of the committee will look more than a bit foolish.

My guess? My crystal ball informed me that Trump (and the Trump team) will get much what Hillary got over her emails. "You are very naughty, but did nothing illegal."
Regardless of what crimes are involved this has to be some sort of record for indictment, plea deals and firings but I’m too young to have seen any of the Nixon stuff.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Regardless of what crimes are involved this has to be some sort of record for indictment, plea deals and firings but I’m too young to have seen any of the Nixon stuff.

And still there many saying that there is no there there. Don Jr. said it well to Sean Hannity

“Sean, there’s zero statistical probability that you can have that much controversy, that many allegations, all of those things, and there not be any fire.”

This is much bigger than Watergate, which was basically just an obstruction of justice matter.

Now we're looking at conspiracy against the United States (election tampering), influence peddling, cyberterrorism, money laundering, possible FEC violations (hush money), tax evasion, violation of oath of office (refusing to enforce sanctions and ignoring the outside threat to American elections) and violations of the emoluments clause.

This time, it's an international issue involving Russia, the Ukraine, German banks, a bank in Cyprus, a golf course in Dubai, and even some Turkish intrigue.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
If you think there is a lot of whining now, wait till Mueller comes out with his findings.

The only question is which side will be doing the whining

What concerns me more than anything is that the GOP is dropping the bar even lower in our politics and showing they'll reward bad behavior if it benefits their party. There was a time this wouldn't have been a Democrat or Republican issue. There was a time it wouldn't have been a partisan question if a presidential candidate encouraged espionage on the campaign trail.