• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tmac

Is there a thought that can satisfy all that divides us? Why do we hold on to that which separates? God can be found in all denomination yet is none of them. Religions are formed to help find/understand God, which by the way transcends the very religion that brought you to this thought. I say if a religion is the very reason that prohibits unity then its lost its way. If one believes in and know that which it believes in, how they got there is no longer important, they have become "one" with that which they believe in and know. Let's manifest this thought. (If if fact, one exists.)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Is there a thought that can satisfy all that divides us? Why do we hold on to that which separates?

Jesus taught 'a thought that can satisfy all that divides us ' at Luke 10:27 to love God with your whole heart, soul, strength and mind....., see also John 13:34-35

Why ' hold on to that which separates' is often due to false shepherds dressed in sheep's clothing but inside are wolves fleecing the flock of God - Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30
Failure to love what is religiously true. Jesus taught Scripture is religious truth - John 17:17 - yet many people prefer church customs or traditions - Matthew 15:9; Mark 7:1-7,13

Tmac

Thank you for your response URAVIP2ME but I am not sure "read" my thought. Jesus is one of my teachers as well and it is true the answer is found in oneness with the One but to do that..... Now how do we manifest this thought, that is the question. I can see that you have studied scripture and seem well versed but you do realize that back when Jesus walked he didn't have the words to back him up, he was the word. And the metaphor about the wolves in sheep clothing is a reminder that "all" knowledge is second hand, our experience being exposed to this knowledge is first hand knowledge and the two should never be though of as one. Your interpretation breeds "separation". Is not all action directed by motive? I've tried to place myself in a position where I knew in my heart it was undeniably wrong and did it anyway and I can't do it without modifying the undeniably wrong part. In fact one could say, we all make decisions by the data we possess, more data less mistakes and of course it would help if we all slowed down just a tad. As one part of Humpty Dumpty to another, all roads lead to God, some are more windy.

whirlingmerc

Faith in faith or hope in hope isn't the point
Faith and hope are only as good as the object of the faith and the realithy of the hope
But someday Faith and hope will go away and only love will remain

Until then, we wait, holding onto faith, hope and love.

Tmac

I think there are too many of your kind, all these cute answers to justify your inability to generate the necessary passion to love one another. I certainly don't know what you are waiting on or where you were taught to sit and wait for what ever it is but its most obvious that your relationship with what ever you believe gave you existence and sustains you in the moment is sorely underdeveloped.