• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hope for things which are not seen.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
For the atheists, to agnostics, spiritual or religious, of any faith - believing or not, what is true or not -

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good. That honor, courage and virtue mean everything ; that power and money … money and power mean nothing. That good always triumphs over evil. And I want you to remember this…. that love….true love never dies. Remember that boy … remember that. Doesn’t matter if it is true or not, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.

No need to believe in everything. Everyone decides what is worth believing in.

What does everyone believe is worth believing in? To have hope in a better future is to first have vision, even if it is a hope without faith.
As I have studied the Bible for a while, my faith grows stronger. When Jesus was on the earth with his disciples, even though they loved and followed him, they had questions.

MonkeyFire

Happiness and safety are key. I, believe the
cosmic universe is finitely large and exist in a infinitely large white universe with endless sky’s in every direction. IMO the cosmos exist inside a globe shape firmament with Heaven on the outside around the outside of the globe.

Watchmen

Premium Member
For what we cannot know - what comes after death, existence before birth, the origin and eternal destiny of all - what is the best-case scenerio? If you could define heaven, what would it be?

For me - no heirarchies, no one better than anyone else, no sexism, no racism, all equally educated, equal and all-knowing, everyone fully present with everyone else.
Best case scenario? An ending. We simply cease to exist.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Forever is an awfully long time.
Not when you are happy and content. Add joyful to that. But! along with that is a choice. No one will be forced to live and be happy forever. As you said, if a person wants to die, he won't be suffering in death. He just won't be. I hope this is not too complicated, because -- the Bible promises happiness without end. Not unhappiness and boredom without end.

idea

Question Everything
As I have studied the Bible for a while, my faith grows stronger. When Jesus was on the earth with his disciples, even though they loved and followed him, they had questions.

Yes, as a parable, the disciples could not walk on water, forbid children, were wrong on quite a few things... could not stay awake one hour, denied Christ. No leaning on any arms of flesh- no elders, no high priests, no apostles or prophets, no priests.

I believe the most beautiful heaven is one without leaders, without followers, just friends.

idea

Question Everything
Happiness and safety are key. I, believe the
cosmic universe is finitely large and exist in a infinitely large white universe with endless sky’s in every direction. IMO the cosmos exist inside a globe shape firmament with Heaven on the outside around the outside of the globe.

I believe safety is found within self-reliance, that happiness and security come from within.

Endless sky, I like it :)

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence.... and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content." - Helen Keller

I personally don't agree with 'The Big Freeze' theory, which is what the video depicts. I had watched it and very much enjoyed it 2 years ago.

I prefer Sir Roger Penrose's cyclic universe theory:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes. Nobody could make that up.
...and I like how Revelation connects to the first prophecy found at Genesis 3:15.
Jesus proves to be that promised 'seed' (Messiah) who will undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon humanity.
From Paradise (Eden) lost in Genesis to a Paradise Earth regained as the happy climax in Revelation 22:2.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, as a parable, the disciples could not walk on water, forbid children, were wrong on quite a few things... could not stay awake one hour, denied Christ. No leaning on any arms of flesh- no elders, no high priests, no apostles or prophets, no priests.
I believe the most beautiful heaven is one without leaders, without followers, just friends.

True, the disciple were learners, but that does Not mean they stopped learning, or stopped progressing.
Even that denial of Christ was Not permanent; it was temporary.
The disciples chosen to be apostles would reign with Jesus as kings and priests as per Revelation 5:9-10; 20:6.
Since they will be resurrected to Heaven and govern with Jesus there will be 'No leaning on arms of flesh' (physical).
Rather, as heavenly kings they will take care of governmental responsibilities towards people living on Earth.
As heavenly priests they will take care of spiritual duties towards people of Earth.
The humble meek people who will inherit the Earth as Jesus promised at Matthew 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Forever is an awfully long time.
.... and for each day we can think of we can think of a next day forever and ever.
We can count forever and ever both forwards and backwards.
Thus ' eternity ' is already placed in our hearts.
As a healthy person would Not want to pick the day they want to die; a normal healthy person does Not want to do that.
What is Not in our hearts is to suffer and die, so we needed someone to undo suffering and death for us.
In Scripture, Jesus is the one who will do away with sickness and enemy death for us - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8

Audie

Veteran Member
...and I like how Revelation connects to the first prophecy found at Genesis 3:15.
Jesus proves to be that promised 'seed' (Messiah) who will undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon humanity.
From Paradise (Eden) lost in Genesis to a Paradise Earth regained as the happy climax in Revelation 22:2.

Really. As for Satan and the20th century, who
could say it was not entirely his?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The atoms in our body were once part of stars. Our energy, once part of the living plants and animals we ate. Evaporation, convection, precipitation, collection - melting pot heaven.
- or, even Earth as a melting pot, so to speak, such as for Adam being formed or fashioned from it - Genesis 2:7.
Of course, in the bigger picture, the first picture being the stars and planets.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Really. As for Satan and the20th century, who
could say it was not entirely his?
Entirely his (Revelation 12:12,9) but Not at entirely permanent according to Revelation 20.
Satan, as the god of this world of badness, (2 Corinthians 4:4) is temporary.
Sinner Satan will be destroyed by Jesus - Hebrews 2:14 B