• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hope for things which are not seen.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
For what we cannot know - what comes after death, existence before birth, the origin and eternal destiny of all - what is the best-case scenerio? If you could define heaven, what would it be?

For me - no heirarchies, no one better than anyone else, no sexism, no racism, all equally educated, equal and all-knowing, everyone fully present with everyone else.
To be fully known and fully loved...I believe this is everyone's desire even if we don't know it.

Audie

Veteran Member
Keep in mind that hope happens right along with the understanding that what is hoped for may not manifest. Hope is not a blind pretense that what we are hoping for will certainly occur. So that if faith is based on hope, it is not based on blind pretense. Something many religious outlets deliberately fail to clarify.
Blind pretense that it might happen is somehow better.

idea

Question Everything
Keep in mind that hope happens right along with the understanding that what is hoped for may not manifest. Hope is not a blind pretense that what we are hoping for will certainly occur. So that if faith is based on hope, it is not based on blind pretense. Something many religious outlets deliberately fail to clarify.

Aim for the stars, hit the moon. An agreed upon goal is the beginning of heaven on earth.

Perhaps someone defines heaven as limited to a "little flock". Might we enlarge their view to include wanting an equal amount of happiness for every single person? Wouldn't this change their current real behavior to have a bigger goal?

Perhaps someone defines heaven as a heirarchy. Might we enlarge their view to see equality as being a more glorious state? Those who seek/find it noble to be ruled by others will never know the joy of finding their own inner authority.

Our fantasies are reflected in current society.

Last edited:

idea

Question Everything
Somewhere I fit in as I am - with like-minded people who share similar values.

Equality - "with" others, not ruling over them, no heirarchy, exactly.

All-knowing would help us be "with" others, although mystery is good for the soul too.

Truth in love

For what we cannot know - what comes after death, existence before birth, the origin and eternal destiny of all - what is the best-case scenerio? If you could define heaven, what would it be?

For me - no heirarchies, no one better than anyone else, no sexism, no racism, all equally educated, equal and all-knowing, everyone fully present with everyone else.

We can get pretty close.

Prophets at times are allowed to see things past present and future and they can tell us of these things.
I've never actually seen my heart or held it. Others have seen and held hearts and have written down and talked about what they know.

Heaven at is best is were we live with God and live like God.

idea

Question Everything
We can get pretty close.

Prophets at times are allowed to see things past present and future and they can tell us of these things.
I've never actually seen my heart or held it. Others have seen and held hearts and have written down and talked about what they know.

Heaven at is best is were we live with God and live like God.

I think it is possible to get pretty close. Finding a good mindset in the here and now, not being competitive or jealous of others, doing our work without overthinking it, appreciation of simple things - nature, a good meal, music, quiet afternoon. To live like God to me is being self-reliant, trusting others to become self-reliant as well, trusting time "this too shall pass", not grasping, flexible, trust the process.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. ..

We are not so different - perhaps just to know ourselves, have hope for our own ability to find peace, is to know the human heart and potential of all.

Truth in love

I think it is possible to get pretty close. Finding a good mindset in the here and now, not being competitive or jealous of others, doing our work without overthinking it, appreciation of simple things - nature, a good meal, music, quiet afternoon. To live like God to me is being self-reliant, trusting others to become self-reliant as well, trusting time "this too shall pass", not grasping, flexible, trust the process.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. ..

We are not so different - perhaps just to know ourselves, have hope for our own ability to find peace, is to know the human heart and potential of all.

sounds pretty good. I would add that living like God as outlined in the Bible goes beyond our mortal abilities to really grasp.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A theist human is legally a human liar only.

You displace equal human life living to inequality by your man history choice. Subject only to an agreed human thinking group condition.

Everything you want to agree upon you do as only a natural human.

Any term word use human story is expressed only as a human storyteller who makes the story be what they want it to mean. By choice. Subject what words to use by want of the story itself as an already chosen topic.

So you want electricity...you make up a story about what you want. Story first does not exist in nature.

Close to God says a machine user.

Whose human manipulated Alchemy took its melt to build to an erected God mass themed only in your head. Machine first. Historic by a Volcanic mass origin position story as heavens beginning from earth.

Lying every moment you think.

You said immaculate heavens reality origin god owned no light was earths natural evolution position.

A sun owning burning light is nowhere near earths natural origin history liar man.

A sun as not human man science owned the attacked earth. Origin gone.

You did nuclear science....origin of evolution gone.

You destroyed all life on earth. Evolution of origin attacked gone.

Dinosaurs lived. Not science of human owned. Extinct twice. Origin evolution gone again. Not science.

Ice on earth. Also not science owned.

Third time you are now destroying earth life again. Is a mind who quotes begin term to the origin of a destroyed universes substance.

As close enough as far as a scientist mind claims I can live sacrificed. As I apply it by machine removing evolution itself. I can Still be a rich self destructive human family destroyer wherever or whenever I want.......
And survive in my science practice.

All said just in your human head actually first.

In natural reality you are already doing it.