• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hope for things which are not seen.

idea

Question Everything
For what we cannot know - what comes after death, existence before birth, the origin and eternal destiny of all - what is the best-case scenerio? If you could define heaven, what would it be?

For me - no heirarchies, no one better than anyone else, no sexism, no racism, all equally educated, equal and all-knowing, everyone fully present with everyone else.

Audie

Veteran Member
For what we cannot know - what comes after death, existence before birth, the origin and eternal destiny of all - what is the best-case scenerio? If you could define heaven, what would it be?

For me - no heirarchies, no one better than anyone else, no sexism, no racism, all equally educated, equal and all-knowing, everyone fully present with everyone else.

Sounds boring. Everyone the same.

And equally educated?
You just get it handed to you?
So much and no more, you arent allowed
to learn anything unless everyone moves in lockstep.
No thanks, I will try some other, place.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I could never really picture a heaven where I'd want to stay eternally.
If there's an afterlife I'd rather it be reincarnation.
Life is more interesting than an afterlife, imo.

PureX

Veteran Member
Hope for things not seen ... I would hope to see people finally overcome their fear and selfishness by joining together and cooperating with each other for the well-being of all. Everyone contributes, and everyone benefits. No one gets left out or left behind. No factions competing and no winners and losers. Just relative peace and prosperity for all.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That said, suffering isn't inherent to being a person. Pain is inevitable. Suffering is a choice.
In other words, it is someone's is suffering it is their own fault they are suffering?
I have been in some kind of therapy off and on for 40 years and no psychologist or counselor I have ever had ever told me that my suffering was a choice.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If there's an afterlife I'd rather it be reincarnation.
I cannot even imagine anything worse than coming back here. That would be hell for me.
Life is more interesting than an afterlife, imo.
How do you know that?
I believe that the afterlife is going to be a whole lot more interesting than this life, less the suffering which is causes solely by this material world of dust.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That the attachment to pain is what causes suffering?
Nobody is 'attached' to suffering except a masochist and very few people are masochists.
Most people don't want to suffer and that is why they seek help, although some people suffer in silence.
I know something about psychology because I have an MA in psychology.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
In other words, it is someone's is suffering it is their own fault they are suffering?
I have been in some kind of therapy off and on for 40 years and no psychologist or counselor I have ever had ever told me that my suffering was a choice.

Pain is a part of being alive. It happens.

In my experience, however, it is how one reacts to that pain that can result in suffering.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I cannot even imagine anything worse than coming back here. That would be hell for me.

How do you know that?
I believe tat the afterlife is going to be a whole lot more interesting than this life, less the suffering which is causes solely by this material world of dust.

I don't but I assume it would be some concept of a perfect life.
I'm not looking for a perfect life.
I am happiest overcoming struggles/suffering. I need something to challenge me.
I'm not sure the point of an existence where everything is given to me.