• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable Equinox today!

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
For those who are a little over-organized, the moment is to occur in an hour or so, if I remember what the time and date site said. We can finally say that Spring is Here (even if the weather isn't agreeing completely)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There's balance and then there's balance

giphy.gif

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I like this when the length of sunrise to sundown is 12 hours long; we had a brutal polar vortex smack us hard here in Illinois with sub 20 below zero temperatures at the end of January; I'm so glad the outdoor temperatures here now are warmer than in my freezer ...:)

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For those who are a little over-organized, the moment is to occur in an hour or so, if I remember what the time and date site said. We can finally say that Spring is Here (even if the weather isn't agreeing completely)

That's odd...

This thread made me feel both happy and sad simultaneously.

But just for a moment.

Its our New Year today.

And a Happy Naw Ruz to all as well. Our new year breaks the fast, so I am now having a cup of tea

Regards to all, Tony

GoodbyeDave

I celebrated with a festival for Gaia, and bought her a bunch of scented narcissi (or perhaps they were narcissuses…)

The scholar (or perhaps the pedant) in me cannot resist pointing out that the definition of spring as beginning at the equinox is only used in astronomy — though why they need a special definition escapes me. The OED defines spring as "the season when vegetation begins to appear" — the beginning of February for me, although not for some of you!

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I celebrated with a festival for Gaia, and bought her a bunch of scented narcissi (or perhaps they were narcissuses…)

The scholar (or perhaps the pedant) in me cannot resist pointing out that the definition of spring as beginning at the equinox is only used in astronomy — though why they need a special definition escapes me. The OED defines spring as "the season when vegetation begins to appear" — the beginning of February for me, although not for some of you!
There are many Springs...Astronomical, Astrological, Meteorological, Biological...of course for some areas, these distinctions are not particularly relevant, and other kinds of seasons hold sway...and those in the Southern Hemisphere are experiencing the Fall season...