• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Honesty

Jeremiah Ames

this thread is for honest people only

if you’re not honest please don’t post, because that would be dishonest….. I think

thanks

question: why are you honest?

just wondering

peace

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

if you’re not honest please don’t post, because that would be dishonest….. I think

thanks

just wondering

peace

Childhood upbringing made me think of these things as an adult

1. I've always told I was wrong
2. Have behavioral issues that makes it look like I have mix messages, so being honest and genuine helps to not come across that way
3. I'm not around people to be dishonest to
4. I have nothing literally to be dishonest about

When you're told you're wrong a lot, you tend to try not to tell others the same in a manner it devalues their intelligence. I do have issues with saying things clearly, but I can't control if someone interprets that as hiding something or asking me if I meant what I said.

It's a good question. I have other faults, but dishonesty doesn't hit the list of one of my "sins."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

thanks

just wondering

peace

Are you honest?

(I've always wondered if we all thing the only bad things we can avoid is the illegal stuff but don't pat ourselves on the back with some sins we didn't "inherent" as an adult.)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

thanks

just wondering

peace
I try to be, though it comes easily as a second nature to me having learned to do it well as a child to have any semblance of freedom from my mom's iron fist.
And I have to admit, it has gotten me very far at work before.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Eh... I'm definitely much more honest than not. It actually triggers my conscience when I lie, so it's difficult for me to do so.

When my conscience gets triggered, it's actually a pretty powerful, gutteral response, so it's very hard for me to tell a lie while resisting the deep cringing that happens while I lie. Needless to say, I'm a very bad liar because of that. :D

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Eh... I'm definitely much more honest than not. It actually triggers my conscience when I lie, so it's difficult for me to do so.

When my conscience gets triggered, it's actually a pretty powerful, gutteral response, so it's very hard for me to tell a lie while resisting the deep cringing that happens while I lie. Needless to say, I'm a very bad liar because of that. :D

I think of it like trying to get food from your teeth with a toothpick.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

You honestly think that dishonest people will be honest about being dishonest???
confused0017.gif

just wondering

As a truly honest person....I like to be honest about everything .....because I have a God who knows even my thoughts....so I can't really get away with anything.
confused0036.gif

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is a desirable social quality, makes society stable. By being honest, I do not have to retrace my steps, go back on what I might have said. An untruth has to be defended with thousand words. My honesty is a very well-thought conscious decision. I have spoken lies, but suffered because of them. Nothing to do with God or religion, since I am a strong atheist.

danieldemol

Premium Member

thanks

just wondering

peace
Because without honesty there is insufficient trust necessary for society to operate.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Why am I honest?

I place a high value on truth. I want to know and understand the truth as much as is possible. And I know that I will not be able to see the truth if I am actively trying to hide it.

I wish we lived in a more honest world where more people placed a high value on truth. I do not believe that people are generally honest, As a species we have many wonderful noble qualities, but truthfulness is not among them. We are “storytellers”. I love that about us, but I am wary it, and I try to control that quality in myself.

(if you can read between the lines here, you can see that I can be quite the storyteller)