• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Honest opinion about the Israeli -Palestinian conflict?

Shaul

Premium Member
I did not say it was the most controversial conflict but was one of the "most" controversial. I AM TOTALLY AWARE OF THE OTHER CONFLICTS TOO, and I worry about them too. So I'm sorry but I think you got my message wrong, as I only named the Israeli Palestinian conflict as one from a long list of controversial and difficult-to-solve issues. And that's because each person analyses the information given for their own benefit. Each side brainwashes their people to believe in something. Each side blames the other. Therefore peace is going to be difficult because of each side turning a blind eye. That's what makes it controversial IMO. But surely if I was talking about THIS particular conflict I am not going to name each and every controversial and worrying issue the world faces at this moment of time. And tbh, Personally I do believe the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as "one of the most controversial".
I hope I have made myself clear. :D
I’ll agree that the Palestinians often brainwash their side. But I don’t agree the Israelis do. There is a wide variance of opinions on the Israeli side. Which implies that any alleged “brainwashing” doesn’t work. So are you suggesting that Israelis are both brainwashing and incompetent? I don’t many people will believe you when you argue Israelis are incompetent.

Shaul

Premium Member
On what about it.......was....nt ......true. and why. And so on. Convo
Besides being simplistic, perfunctory, unsubstantiated, a generalization, inaccurate, non-specific, incomplete, one-sided, ideologically biased and propagandistic, for starts?

Why don’t you expand what you mean before asking others to do so? Are all Israelis oppressor? What about the Arab Israelis or the Israeli Druze? Are they oppressors? Are Jewish Israelis always oppressors? Are they never the oppressed? Or even bystanders? Are Palestinians never terrorists? What about before the Jews that lived in the land through the occupation by the Assyrians, Babylonians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Arabs, Crusaders, Marmulukes, Ottomans, British and Jordanians? Were the Jews oppressors then or were they the oppressed? How could those Jews whose ancestors have been documented to lived peacefully through all those occupations in the same places in that land for 4,000 years be “oppressors”?

Last edited:
The conflict can be summed up like this. Gaza terrorist lob rockets and mortars in a vain attempt to do damage. Israel's responses by successfully bombing Militant locations. Repeat until Terrorist decide to use children as shields. Outrage happens, but no one does anything because no one cares about dead Palestinians kids. It's kind of funny. No wait it's just sad.

I’ll agree that the Palestinians often brainwash their side. But I don’t agree the Israelis do. There is a wide variance of opinions on the Israeli side. Which implies that any alleged “brainwashing” doesn’t work. So are you suggesting that Israelis are both brainwashing and incompetent? I don’t many people will believe you when you argue Israelis are incompetent.
Personally and from all the information I have studied, analysed and learned I would rather say the Israelis are the most brainwashed. Due to the false myths and baseless and false propaganda the government spreads, making the people believe it's all the Palestinians fault. And on the other hand I would say the Palestinians definitely are not so brainwashed to the extent of the Israelis. But they are the ones that have to suffer the constant struggle and attacks from Israel, knowing that any day they can be killed, lose a loved one or their homes.

Flankerl

So the ones who believe that "the Jews are coming to destroy Al-Aqsa" (since the early 1920s) are not brainwashed.
But the ones who have pro-Palestinians and many other groups among their ranks are.

Like it's not the Jews fault that the Muslims made the Mizrahim hate them. If they had treated them better they probably wouldn't rally behind Likud.
But hey who cares about stuff like that. :D :D :D :D

ajay0

Are you writing quite serious and sober? The Jews were there with the arabs long before the europeans got into it.

Yeah, but were there any significant conflict or issues between the arabs and jews then in that region similar to the present conflict!.

In the late fifteenth century, the Jews were similarly subjected to irrational persecution in europe and expelled. They were welcomed by the Turks into Turkey, calculating intelligently that their skills and commercial acumen would bring prosperity to Turkey.

History of the Jews in Turkey - Wikipedia

In India too, the Jews who had arrived as refugees from european persecution in the sixth and fifteenth century, and as traders too, made a lot of contributions to their adopted land.

History of the Jews in India - Wikipedia

Imo, Zionism is but a reaction to european antisemitism.

Last edited:
Yeah, but were there any significant conflict or issues between the arabs and jews then in that region similar to the present conflict!.

In the late fifteenth century, the Jews were similarly subjected to irrational persecution in europe and expelled. They were welcomed by the Turks into Turkey, calculating intelligently that their skills and commercial acumen would bring prosperity to Turkey.

History of the Jews in Turkey - Wikipedia

In India too, the Jews who had arrived as refugees from european persecution and as traders too, made a lot of contributions to their adopted land.

History of the Jews in India - Wikipedia

Imo, Zionism is but a reaction to european antisemitism.
I agree with your last statement...