• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Honest opinion about the Israeli -Palestinian conflict?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
That would be odd, wouldn't you think? Judaism's holy books were written before Islam became a thing. It'd be great if you can point me to some mainstream Jewish sources that talk about Islam in a similar fashion as the Qur'an speak about Jews. Or at all really.

I can't so where did it all start going wrong and who do you find most responsible for the current situation?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As others have mentioned, this is a messy complex situation which goes back to legends of Jews being slaves in Egypt if not further back. Of course back then it was not about two current religions but at least some have the sense that the conflict is the same with additions from current religions.

I would look at this Wikipedia page to get a first look at the history of the conflict History of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict - Wikipedia

ajay0

I'm currently doing a project on this conflict in school and I have been asking various people in their opinions on it. I would be very thankful if you could share with me your own views too: so I might get a greater insight and knowledge on one of the most controversial issues of modern times!

It was created by Europe due to race-centric politics, leading to genocide of the Jews. Post ww2, the europeans decided to put all Jews in the middle of Arabia in a place called Israel as per legend. The poor Jews have been fighting with the poor Arabs ever since.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm currently doing a project on this conflict in school and I have been asking various people in their opinions on it. I would be very thankful if you could share with me your own views too: so I might get a greater insight and knowledge on one of the most controversial issues of modern times!

IMV, the main issue lies with the power of the few in the Palestinians that don't look out for the good of many. Although there are definite "wrongs" by Israeli military, I would probably put that as an exception and not the rule.

Attempts have been made by both sides only to be derailed by radical Islamists.

Egypt's Answer Sadat, Jordan's King Hussein and the Israelis had peace treaties.

After Yasser Arafat terrorism against Israeli civilians, Israel stilled believed Arafat in a supposed turnaround for a new Palestinian State. Arafat then continued efforts to replace Israel with a Palestinian state.I

Ehud Barak offered unprecedented concessions, including part of Jerusalem, with but Arafat rejected every one of them.

In an effort to have Israel recognized, Israel agreed to arm a Palestinian police force but Arafat never fulfilled his promises.

After war with Jordan, Israel offered back the West Bank for peace. After giving the West Bank... still no peace.

The effort still continues but with millions of aid coming to Palestine, instead of helping its people, the monies are used for terrorism by those who are in power.

Besides funding tunnels, the following is done "in the name of peace"?

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 1.29.30 PM.png

Israeli attacks are always done in response and not as "first aggressor"

Anthem

It was created by Europe due to race-centric politics, leading to genocide of the Jews. Post ww2, the europeans decided to put all Jews in the middle of Arabia in a place called Israel as per legend. The poor Jews have been fighting with the poor Arabs ever since.
Are you writing quite serious and sober? The Jews were there with the arabs long before the europeans got into it.

Anthem

Attempts have been made by both sides only to be derailed by radical Islamists.
You know there was a peace deal just about done in the beginning of the Israel's so called "independence" and the what did happen was that Israeli terrorist group Stern Gang killed the man who made the deal.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You know there was a peace deal just about done in the beginning of the Israel's so called "independence" and the what did happen was that Israeli terrorist group Stern Gang killed the man who made the deal.
Yes... you can find radical on both sides but the Stern Gang is not in power nor did it stop peace attempts.

The Israelis and Palestinians are not the main cause of the conflict. The root cause is outsiders exploiting the situation for their own purposes.

Why do you say this conflict as is most controversial? There are many other conflicts within more fatalities and casualties. Take the Syrian conflict for example. Or what about the conflict between India and Pakistan? There have been millions of deaths in that conflict, and it continues. A conflict between two nuclear armed nations. Why does the Israeli-Palestinian conflict cause more controversy that’s that? The suffering in South Sudan is terrible. There is a proxy war in Yemen between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

So why do you think the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is more controversial?
I did not say it was the most controversial conflict but was one of the "most" controversial. I AM TOTALLY AWARE OF THE OTHER CONFLICTS TOO, and I worry about them too. So I'm sorry but I think you got my message wrong, as I only named the Israeli Palestinian conflict as one from a long list of controversial and difficult-to-solve issues. And that's because each person analyses the information given for their own benefit. Each side brainwashes their people to believe in something. Each side blames the other. Therefore peace is going to be difficult because of each side turning a blind eye. That's what makes it controversial IMO. But surely if I was talking about THIS particular conflict I am not going to name each and every controversial and worrying issue the world faces at this moment of time. And tbh, Personally I do believe the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as "one of the most controversial".
I hope I have made myself clear. :D