• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Honest Discussion with Shi'ite brothers

Monotheist 101

Nahjul Balagha, Sermon 126

Ali says:“With regard to me, two categories of people will be ruined, namely he who loves me too much and the love takes him away from rightfulness, and he who hates me too much and the hatred takes him away from rightfulness. The best man with regard to me is he who is on the middle course. So be with him and be with the great majority of Muslims because Allah’s hand of protection is on keeping unity. You should beware of division because the one isolated from the group is a prey to Satan just as the one isolated from the flock of sheep is a prey to the wolf. Beware! Whoever calls to this course [of sectarianism], kill him, even though he may be under this headband of mine.”

The thing about Shia Islam (all relatives on my Moms side) that I cannot wrap my head around is this, how is it permissable to place a human being in harder regard than Allah? My cousin took part in beating himself in the month of Muharam, My question to him was "Do you beat yourself for Allah?" He replied no it is forbidden, My next question was "Then how can you beat yourself for Human Beings? By doing that your actions prove that you regard Human beings as Gods equal or in this case higher than him, regardless of your belief that you are not questioning the Oneness of Allah, Your actions are proving the opposite." The first part of the Shahadah is "There is No God but Allah", I pointed out to him that shirk is the biggest most unforgivable Sin and that there are different types of Shirk, There is the Shirk without knowing, which is also a Major sin and will not be forgiven, I fail to see the logic behind beating yourself and claiming it is not going against the Oneness of Allah. Anyways that being said I am a believer that when the Prophet Muhammad said that only one sect of the 72 different islamic sects will go to heaven, he did not mean Sunni or Shia but rather the true Islamic Monotheist who not only believed in One God but proved it with his Actions regardless of what label/sect society put on him.

I am a firm believer that there should be a balance in life and anything done in extreme whether Good or Bad does not benefit us, Be it love for the prophets family. I also believe that Human beings who are the Best of Creations are the best because of the Intellect/mind that has been given to us, and it is our responsibility to use it's logic. I also believe that we should not let our emotions cloud our logic, Emotion and Logic should always be kept separate.

This is my take on the subject, but only Allah knows best.
No offense intended to Shia brothers just that I fail to see the attraction, I have met many Sunni Muslims who regard Muhammad as a demi-god, they say otherwise but their actions and beliefs point to the contrary.

I don't associate myself with any sect Sunni or Shia, I am a tru monotheist and anything or anyone that will lead me away from that I reject. : )

[SIZE=+1][Kahf 18:110] Proclaim, "Physically I am a human like you - my Lord sends divine revelations to me - that your God is only One God; so whoever expects to the meet his Lord must perform good deeds and not ascribe anyone as a partner in the worship of his Lord."[/SIZE]

Matemkar

Bismihi Ta'ala

Can you please elaborate on this?

1- Who are the men of the middle course to you today? What are their characteristics? Their approach to men of God?

Anyway. We, as shia Muslims who follow Prophet and Ahlulbayt, believe that there are extremes in both ways, as Imam Ali (pbuh) mentions in The Peak of Eloquence. A- Ghulat/Aliyyullahis/Extremes in "love" (those who believe Imam Ali is not God but no less than God..) B- Nasibis (those who hate Imam Ali..) And, we believe shia islam is the middle path.. I hope I make sense..

2- Why do you think by mourning for Ahlulbayt, shia Muslims give more importance to them than God? or even become close to being polytheists (Astaghfirullah) and why do you think we should mourn for God as we do for Ahlulbait? I hope you do not think God was martyred too.. (Subhanallah..!)

We believe God and Prophets of God and Imams of God have different rights upon us:

Treatise on Rights (Risalat al-Huquq)

Of course, you are not supposed to treat each one the same. And celebrations of the anniversaries of their birthdays, victories and mourning on their martyrdom anniversaries surely is for Prophets and Ahlulbayt and other men of God. (See, the definiton of Ayyamullah/Days of God in tafaseer/commentaries for Quran, 14:05)

and lastly Sunni and Shia Muslims are also monotheists. and nothing they believe in makes them polytheists. Thanks. Ma salam

Last edited:

Monotheist 101

2- Why do you think by mourning for Ahlulbayt, shia Muslims give more importance to them than God? or even become close to being polytheists (Astaghfirullah) and why do you think we should mourn for God as we do for Ahlulbait? I hope you do not think God was martyred too.. (Subhanallah..!)

Where in the Quran does God say we should mourn the death of Martyrs? Thousands of years after their death, Why cling on to the memory of human beings that have passed, No God was not martyred that is going against his attribute of being with no end.

My question to you is, Do you think our time on this earth is so abundant that we have enough excess that we should concentrate on praising human beings? Or is the reality not quite contrary to this and we have a limited time on this earth and every second should be spent praising him, The Supreme, The Most Magnificent to whom all things must return?

Monotheist 101

You say you hold a neutral middle ground but your opinion is misleading your emotions cloud your judgment.

I am the one who is holding a neutral view, Neither am I cursing them Nor am I praising them, Just like I am not praising or coursing any of my other ancestors that have passed, The simple fact that you chose to devote time to mourning and praising them shows that infact you have crossed the line into the extreme. My outlook on this subject is when anyone mentions the prophets family I say may Allah forgive their sins and open the gates of Heaven for them. I dont go overboard because it will leave room for innovations to be created by the ignorant, if not now in a 1000 years if not a 1000 than 2000 years, there will come a point where millions would have already have been mislead into believing that God is a Manifestation through these pious people.

Last edited:

Monotheist 101

Again guys I am not trying to say you are wrong, I am trying to understand you point of view and for you to understand mine. I sincerely apologize if my comments offend anyone.

Matemkar

Salam.
Brother, please neither go on accusing people for such things (eg. being misled or with deviation), nor apologize later. That will be much better. Anyway, middle course does not mean being neutral. And, if you are really trying to understand the philosophy of our submission to Prophets and Ahlulbayt, I suggest a few books:

Revelation and Prophethood.pdf

and

Perfect Man.PDF

and also you can study why Quran always stresses on Qasaas (stories), or as you say; "clings to the memoirs of men"? there sure are lessons for those who are willing to study them.

and about the REMEMBRANCE; CELEBRATIONS and LAMENTATIONS, if you want to know just the Quranic verses, I already mentioned the verse about Dhikr/Remembrance of the Days of God. And If you analyze the verses after it, it gives a definition what they are. And, it is and should stay there though thousands of years passed after the death of Moses (pbuh) and Paharaoh..

and if you REALLY want to understand why we still celebrate and mourn for specific events, you can study:

the Ashura Uprising.PDF

(I'm sure you'll like the parts about the Philosophy of Mourning and the Significance of Lamentation in Reviving Islam and all other articles in it..)

and also:
Lamentation and Mourning the Tragedies of the Holy Prophet and His Family
(though I like the first one better)

and please don't move on without studying them. or you'll keep mentioning you disagree with what you think we believe in. thank you for your understanding. ma salam

Last edited:

Monotheist 101

Salam.
Brother, please neither go on accusing people for such things (eg. being misled or with deviation), nor apologize later. That will be much better. Anyway, middle course does not mean being neutral. And, if you are really trying to understand the philosophy of our submission to Prophets and Ahlulbayt, I suggest a few books:

Revelation and Prophethood.pdf

and

Perfect Man.PDF

and also you can study why Quran always stresses on Qasaas (stories), or as you say; "clings to the memoirs of men"? there sure are lessons for those who are willing to study them.

and about the REMEMBRANCE; CELEBRATIONS and LAMENTATIONS, if you want to know just the Quranic verses, I already mentioned the verse about Dhikr/Remembrance of the Days of God. And If you analyze the verses after it, it gives a definition what they are. And, it is and should stay there though thousands of years passed after the death of Moses (pbuh) and Paharaoh..

and if you REALLY want to understand why we still celebrate and mourn for specific events, you can study:

the Ashura Uprising.PDF

(I'm sure you'll like the parts about the Philosophy of Mourning and the Significance of Lamentation in Reviving Islam and all other articles in it..)

and also:
Lamentation and Mourning the Tragedies of the Holy Prophet and His Family
(though I like the first one better)

and please don't move on without studying them. or you'll keep mentioning you disagree with what you think we believe in. thank you for your understanding. ma salam

Bro you havent addressed my question...

Do you think our time on this earth is so abundant that we have enough excess that we should concentrate on praising human beings? Or is the reality not quite contrary to this and we have a limited time on this earth and every second should be spent praising him, The Supreme, The Most Magnificent to whom all things must return?

I will get to reading the books you have suggested in the next few days.

What I dont understand is why don't you see the My logic behind the Oneness of God. You say we should learn lessons from the stories of the ancients? My friend the story from the start has been that Iblees keeps derailing us.

[SIZE=+1][Kahf 18:54] And We have indeed illustrated all kinds of examples for mankind in this Qur’an; and man is the most quarrelsome of all.
[/SIZE]
I think when you look at world religions in a broader sense and try to grasp the main concepts behind it you will be able to find more logic in my findings. Don't you notice a similar trend in every major religion, The Christians loved Jesus so much that he is all they concentrated on made God (some openly/some unknowingly), How is your love for the Prophets family not stemming from the same emotions? Aren't these emotions only supposed to be directed at the One and Only God?

In the Quran, Allah repeatedly reminds us that he is the only one who all praise is due to, he relates to us stories of both Good and Bad peoples of this earth. The Wicked and the Righteous. Don't you see that the Righteous were the ones who did not concern themselves with anything from this material world.(Again I am not implying that Saints were wicked, I am saying it is not our business, our business is our personal submission to Allah) The Wicked where both learned and ignorant people, who were more concerned with worldly things (creations,Humans).

I am sincerely apologizing for sounding arrogant, but how can you guys fail to read between the lines. As I have said numerous times in the forums I have no allegiance to any sect, I am not claiming that you are wrong, I am wanting to have an intelligent logical discussion about the world that I perceive in this the 21st century. Another issue while typing on a computer is, we miss the most important form of communication, the subconscious, brother I have learned to purify my heart towards others, even the wicked of this earth, do not think I am accusing you, you who are so close to me in my beliefs, If you had met me in person I would have made sure that you don't get offended by what I say, the problem over the computer is that I cannot see your body language and you cannot see mine, We are only communicating through the eyes, In person there are many levels of the subconscious that signals are passed, If you have a pure heart and clean thoughts you give off good energy, that is another topic for some other day, in my findings in Dharmic religions. I'll leave you with something to think about, You probably are aware that the world is spinning and rotating on its axis, This causes everything on earth to resonate or vibrate to a frequency measured in Mhz, and gives off energy, Doing good deeds gives us good energy, You probably also know that the Kabah when looked at from outer space is the centre of the Earth, we as Muslims as part of the pilgrimage, rotate seven times anti clockwise around this center of the Earth, What do you think the spiritual purpose of that is? Brother I am very open to suggestion but am a fool for questioning anything that doesn't add up logically.

Matemkar

Salam
Brother, the body language does not really matter, if you said what you meant..
and it seems you are going on with the same thing.. Brother, we don't take Ahlulbayt as "Gods".. and
You compared us with trinitarian "Christians" in the aspect of love for Words, Spirits, Men of God.. that's strange..
Since, you like to compare everyone, tell me whom do you associate yourself with? with those "Jews" who denied the status of Jesus (pbuh)? who tortured and "crucified" him?
(As you keep saying; "no offense guys")
Brother, as I said, you should study what devotion to and love for AwliyaAllah (those who are close to God) means (with the link I shared on the other thread).. One can not deny or lower or ignore the status of their beloved, nor can they excel them to a "higher" status, for that would be going against the will of their beloveds..
To be more clear, "We love Jesus too", "We love Muhammad too" or "We love Alhulbayt too" is an allegation that should be proven. And I don't think people know their status, unless they prove that they shape themselves according to the teachings from and about them.. thanks. ma salam

Last edited:

Monotheist 101

Since, you like to compare everyone, tell me whom do you associate yourself with? with those "Jews" who denied the status of Jesus (pbuh)? who tortured and "crucified" him?
(As you keep saying; "no offense guys")
Brother, as I said, you should study what devotion to and love for AwliyaAllah (those who are close to God) means (with the link I shared on the other thread).. One can not deny or lower or ignore the status of their beloved, nor can they excel them to a "higher" status, for that would be going against the will of their beloveds..
To be more clear, "We love Jesus too", "We love Muhammad too" or "We love Alhulbayt too" is an allegation that should be proven. And I don't think people know their status, unless they prove that they shape themselves according to the teachings from and about them.. thanks. ma salam

I am not denying the status of any of the Messengers or Prophets of God, Infact I am very careful when studying other religions because they might have come from Allah through one of his Prophets. But you need to understand their is the concept of the created and the uncreated. Allah is the uncreated, His creations are three The Angels, The Jinn and us Bani Adam. Out of the Humans their are those that hold high spiritual status, I totally agree, The Prophets, Their disciples, God says that their was not a civilization on earth that he did not send a prophet to and that their were always good pious people, disciples who he sent as helpers. But at the same time he mentions that Muhammad has completed the message, which God will protect as a shining light and a grace to guide mankind till the end of time. What we need to realize is that when a every single person dies, his body decomposes and the soul goes to Allah. The Prophets that are mentioned who are spiritual leaders and graces from God and pure souls, leaders of men and are guaranteed a place in Heaven.Next are the Disciples and the Righteous and the best of Men who Inshallah will already have gone to Heaven but we cannot say with a certainty as Only Allah possesses power of the Unseen.

Brother as I mentioned in another thread, anyway to communicate with the Jinn is Haram, If you get the time to please look into the concept of what spiritualists call Astral Projection. You may have noted that God says that when we are asleep it is the closest to death. I believe the reason for this is, First we perceive the world in 3D the physical, there is another frequency to ours the Unseen where the Concealed ones (Jinn) reside. When we sleep our soul actually leaves our physical body and we experience our dreams in different Astral Plains. I dipped my toes in this subject and found that the spiritualists are actually opening their third spiritual eye(pineal gland look it up) and controlling what their soul does when they sleep. It may sound unbelievable but may God curse me if I am lying about any of this, or maybe their is no one who can discuss these concepts with me in detail. I have had sleep paralysis naturally since I am 15 (The Old Hag, or Muslim legend goes that the Jinn sits on the chest of the person when he is sleeping), The spiritualists are actually trying to willfully induce this state and then control their souls.

I will explain what this state of sleep paralysis feels like, Just before I fall asleep and mind you this does not happen every night, It may happen once a year or three times in one night. I get the feeling that my mind is awake but my body is paralyzed, I cannot scream or yell or move any of my body parts or even open my eyes, but even without the opening of my eyes I feel I can sense everything around me, my natural and best remedy for this is, even though I cannot move my tongue because it seems paralyzed I recite the Ayat ul Kursi in my heart and in my head, by the time I complete it I have usually snapped out of it. This one time when I was researching this concept not long ago maybe a year and a half, my curiosity almost led me off the straight path, I came across some meditation techniques where you concentrate on the third eye area of the head. I did it for few hours when I was bored at work but did not make too much of it. That night when I slept I had sleep paralysis again, I thought to myself let it be lets see where this goes, I felt a very loud buzzing sound in my ears and all of a sudden I felt that I was hovering over my own bed. Allah knows that I am not lying when I say this, I could feel myself floating over my bed watching myself sleep. I looked around and my room was exactly like it is, All of a sudden I felt a bad energy, dark feeling and noticed something moving around in the corner of my room. My natural reaction (Ayat Ul Kursi) and I snapped out of it :). I never practically tried any of it again and made a promise to God and repented with my Heart and have only naturally had the sleep paralysis state few times after that incident, But within a second I read ayats from the Quran and snap out of it.

Now this may seem far fetched to the person that has never come across these concepts. But if you look it up people who do this in the current 21st century are claiming to communicate with heavenly bodies that guide them, Good spirits, they say they also encounter Bad ones. On further individual research on the Islamic spirtualists Sufis, I found that they infact are also doing the exact same thing, Then I found how every spiritual leader has a Tareeqah by which his followers can get close to God through them, My knowledge on the subject is not so extensive or I have found that this is not what my purpose is or what God wants us to do so I have stopped even looking into it, But I am left with an over all impression that these spirutalists whatever they might call themselves (Sufi/Sikh/Buddhist/Jain/Hindu) are infact communicating with Jinn and taking them as guides, as God says all souls return to him when we die, The spiritualists believe that through enlightenment the Guru's soul can remain in a different astral plain indefinitly, I think that the first Guru/Teacher makes contact with Jinn, The proceeding generations of both the Human and the Jinn continue this tradition. As I said my knowledge is not complete and I have stopped looking into it, I have realized that any form of spiritual meditation other than the 5 physical prayers and the pillars of Islam is not required of me, and can only be misleading.

I associate myself with Muslims, if that answers your question, please don't categorize me as a Jew, whose leaders have made a pact with Iblees.

I find that by looking at every religion from different angles, Islam is infact the true religion of God and There is No God but Allah and this core principle forms the basis of my Iman, I believe that If I concentrate on only this, Allah will be proud of me and I will have served my purpose. I am the type of person that thinks deeply about the purpose of my life, I believe I have found it, My purpose is first glorify Allah with my Actions and Intentions and second to reproduce(have children) and pass this torch of faith down the generations,But when I look at the state of current Muslims I see so much disagreement and Hatred. That is why I choose to only concern myself with the Oneness of God and wholeheartedly believe it and then logically question anything that conflict with it. Anyways if you look into what I am saying there is actual truth to it, Or you could just dismiss everything and claim Im crazy, Allah knows best, I have only looked into it and not found anything good to take from it.

Salam :)

Aamer

Truth Seeker
From an outside and impartial point of view, it seems to me that mourning the death of ANYONE who died over a thousand years ago is not Islamic. It seems to just be a tradition that is followed generation after generation without any logic involved. I have no preference between Sunni and Shia. In some matters I relate more to the Sunni perspective. In others, I agree more with Shia point of view. And in others, I disagree with both. But with any sect, I feel people are more attached to traditions and are ruled by pride rather than logic.

Matemkar

From an outside and impartial point of view, it seems to me that mourning the death of ANYONE who died over a thousand years ago is not Islamic. It seems to just be a tradition that is followed generation after generation without any logic involved. I have no preference between Sunni and Shia. In some matters I relate more to the Sunni perspective. In others, I agree more with Shia point of view. And in others, I disagree with both. But with any sect, I feel people are more attached to traditions and are ruled by pride rather than logic.

there's great reasons lying behind mourning for Martyrs:

Reasons Behind the Commemoration of Imam al-Husain (AS)

and again: the Ashura Uprising.PDF

(and please, don't ask again "where is it in Quran".. lol..)

BTW, I think we all should study (even before these books I mentioned) those Irfani-Sufi Islamic beliefs first.. I think WE really are in need of them.. Such as Forty Hadith or Abdul-Qadir Gilani's works or Said Nursi's sincerity & brotherhood

and again brother monotheist101;
I'm not eager to compare you or someone else with anyone (though it is nothing wrong).. However, I just wanted to mention how it feels to you to be compared.. and it seems you are offended.. and so golden rule applies; "treat others as you would like to be treated".. but it seems it was not enough for you, and you skipped to sufi and sikh brethren now? Who's next? (I wish we could criticize ourselves first..) anyway you accuse our brethren with your thinking of what they believe in.. Sufi muslims and the jinns..! lol..! I b elieve, you like to think others are at the same state you were "once" in.. You should wake up and study the schools by their works.. not by your imaginations.. And I see, I was mistaken to believe you were honest and really wanted to study it.. (I hope you prove I'm wrong, by keeping your promise to read them..) Anyway, it's better we end it here for now.. thanks. ma salam

Last edited:

Monotheist 101

there's great reasons lying behind mourning for Martyrs:

Reasons Behind the Commemoration of Imam al-Husain (AS)

and again: the Ashura Uprising.PDF

(and please, don't ask again "where is it in Quran".. lol..)

BTW, I think we all should study (even before these books I mentioned) those Irfani-Sufi Islamic beliefs first.. I think WE really are in need of them.. Such as Forty Hadith or Abdul-Qadir Gilani's works or Said Nursi's sincerity & brotherhood

and again brother monotheist101;
I'm not eager to compare you or someone else with anyone (though it is nothing wrong).. However, I just wanted to mention how it feels to you to be compared.. and it seems you are offended.. and so golden rule applies; "treat others as you would like to be treated".. but it seems it was not enough for you, and you skipped to sufi and sikh brethren now? Who's next? (I wish we could criticize ourselves first..) anyway you accuse our brethren with your thinking of what they believe in.. Sufi muslims and the jinns..! lol..! I b elieve, you like to think others are at the same state you were "once" in.. You should wake up and study the schools by their works.. not by your imaginations.. And I see, I was mistaken to believe you were honest and really wanted to study it.. (I hope you prove I'm wrong, by keeping your promise to read them..) Anyway, it's better we end it here for now.. thanks. ma salam

Inshallah bro I will read them tonight, you have my word :)

Aliezzo

I am not denying the status of any of the Messengers or Prophets of God, Infact I am very careful when studying other religions because they might have come from Allah through one of his Prophets. But you need to understand their is the concept of the created and the uncreated. Allah is the uncreated, His creations are three The Angels, The Jinn and us Bani Adam. Out of the Humans their are those that hold high spiritual status, I totally agree, The Prophets, Their disciples, God says that their was not a civilization on earth that he did not send a prophet to and that their were always good pious people, disciples who he sent as helpers. But at the same time he mentions that Muhammad has completed the message, which God will protect as a shining light and a grace to guide mankind till the end of time. What we need to realize is that when a every single person dies, his body decomposes and the soul goes to Allah. The Prophets that are mentioned who are spiritual leaders and graces from God and pure souls, leaders of men and are guaranteed a place in Heaven.Next are the Disciples and the Righteous and the best of Men who Inshallah will already have gone to Heaven but we cannot say with a certainty as Only Allah possesses power of the Unseen.

Brother as I mentioned in another thread, anyway to communicate with the Jinn is Haram, If you get the time to please look into the concept of what spiritualists call Astral Projection. You may have noted that God says that when we are asleep it is the closest to death. I believe the reason for this is, First we perceive the world in 3D the physical, there is another frequency to ours the Unseen where the Concealed ones (Jinn) reside. When we sleep our soul actually leaves our physical body and we experience our dreams in different Astral Plains. I dipped my toes in this subject and found that the spiritualists are actually opening their third spiritual eye(pineal gland look it up) and controlling what their soul does when they sleep. It may sound unbelievable but may God curse me if I am lying about any of this, or maybe their is no one who can discuss these concepts with me in detail. I have had sleep paralysis naturally since I am 15 (The Old Hag, or Muslim legend goes that the Jinn sits on the chest of the person when he is sleeping), The spiritualists are actually trying to willfully induce this state and then control their souls.

I will explain what this state of sleep paralysis feels like, Just before I fall asleep and mind you this does not happen every night, It may happen once a year or three times in one night. I get the feeling that my mind is awake but my body is paralyzed, I cannot scream or yell or move any of my body parts or even open my eyes, but even without the opening of my eyes I feel I can sense everything around me, my natural and best remedy for this is, even though I cannot move my tongue because it seems paralyzed I recite the Ayat ul Kursi in my heart and in my head, by the time I complete it I have usually snapped out of it. This one time when I was researching this concept not long ago maybe a year and a half, my curiosity almost led me off the straight path, I came across some meditation techniques where you concentrate on the third eye area of the head. I did it for few hours when I was bored at work but did not make too much of it. That night when I slept I had sleep paralysis again, I thought to myself let it be lets see where this goes, I felt a very loud buzzing sound in my ears and all of a sudden I felt that I was hovering over my own bed. Allah knows that I am not lying when I say this, I could feel myself floating over my bed watching myself sleep. I looked around and my room was exactly like it is, All of a sudden I felt a bad energy, dark feeling and noticed something moving around in the corner of my room. My natural reaction (Ayat Ul Kursi) and I snapped out of it :). I never practically tried any of it again and made a promise to God and repented with my Heart and have only naturally had the sleep paralysis state few times after that incident, But within a second I read ayats from the Quran and snap out of it.

Now this may seem far fetched to the person that has never come across these concepts. But if you look it up people who do this in the current 21st century are claiming to communicate with heavenly bodies that guide them, Good spirits, they say they also encounter Bad ones. On further individual research on the Islamic spirtualists Sufis, I found that they infact are also doing the exact same thing, Then I found how every spiritual leader has a Tareeqah by which his followers can get close to God through them, My knowledge on the subject is not so extensive or I have found that this is not what my purpose is or what God wants us to do so I have stopped even looking into it, But I am left with an over all impression that these spirutalists whatever they might call themselves (Sufi/Sikh/Buddhist/Jain/Hindu) are infact communicating with Jinn and taking them as guides, as God says all souls return to him when we die, The spiritualists believe that through enlightenment the Guru's soul can remain in a different astral plain indefinitly, I think that the first Guru/Teacher makes contact with Jinn, The proceeding generations of both the Human and the Jinn continue this tradition. As I said my knowledge is not complete and I have stopped looking into it, I have realized that any form of spiritual meditation other than the 5 physical prayers and the pillars of Islam is not required of me, and can only be misleading.

I associate myself with Muslims, if that answers your question, please don't categorize me as a Jew, whose leaders have made a pact with Iblees.

I find that by looking at every religion from different angles, Islam is infact the true religion of God and There is No God but Allah and this core principle forms the basis of my Iman, I believe that If I concentrate on only this, Allah will be proud of me and I will have served my purpose. I am the type of person that thinks deeply about the purpose of my life, I believe I have found it, My purpose is first glorify Allah with my Actions and Intentions and second to reproduce(have children) and pass this torch of faith down the generations,But when I look at the state of current Muslims I see so much disagreement and Hatred. That is why I choose to only concern myself with the Oneness of God and wholeheartedly believe it and then logically question anything that conflict with it. Anyways if you look into what I am saying there is actual truth to it, Or you could just dismiss everything and claim Im crazy, Allah knows best, I have only looked into it and not found anything good to take from it.

Salam :)

Two quick ideas I have to say:
1) Imams are not rasool sir prophets, they don't bring something new from God, rather they Guide the people according to the religious teachings of Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him).
2) I have had paralysis so many times and it exactly what people say it is, any if you don't mind of course id like to discuss the issue further with you.