• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexuality

supervamp78

i understand that christians oppose it but do u have to force them to live the way u want them too?

and on a side note wat would u do if ur child was gay and felt strongly about not listening to ur please to go get help?

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
There have been a lot of threads on this topic, so don't be surprised if you don't get much traffic at the moment.

Then again, I could be way wrong, and the thread could totally take off. :D I'll be happy to chat with you about it.

Some (not just Christians) have told me they feel homosexuality is a flat out sin, and that alone is why they oppose it. Others feel it's a behavior that hurts society by encouraging an immoral lifestyle.

I strongly disagree.

supervamp78

yea but even if u believe that u shouldnt oppress people for it i mean if u dont like it then dont look and dont try to push ur view on someone else.

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
I agree. But those who see homosexuality as detrimental to society likely feel obligated to fight against it.

Similar hoopla surrounded the idea of women having the right to vote. Some who opposed it went so far as to promise the complete destruction of home and family if women were given voting rights. It seems so silly now, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
i understand that christians oppose it but do u have to force them to live the way u want them too?

and on a side note wat would u do if ur child was gay and felt strongly about not listening to ur please to go get help?

I wouldn't characterize all Xtians as opposing it or even trying to force them to live otherwise.

supervamp78

yes i know they feel obligated but it just ****** me off a lil to see people quoting the bible on why its wrong and stuff but not giving like real reasons but i guess i believe that they'll be allowed to marry and gets lots of rights one day just like how blacks got liberated so yea i guess history kinda repeats itself

Skwim

Veteran Member

id probly knot let m go 2 scool wear pee pole wood make fun of m

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.

If my child was gay? I see it highly unlikely, but still possible. I don't know what I would actually do.

Though I'm going to name my son Edward Jacob Cullen so he doesn't have any trouble with getting a date. lol jk

Nerthus

Wanderlust
I know that Homosexuality disagrees with many peoples view on Christianity. But, not all.

I don't feel that I should force my views on anyone. They have the ability to decide how to live their lives for themselves.

yea but even if u believe that u shouldnt oppress people for it i mean if u dont like it then dont look and dont try to push ur view on someone else.

xians are historically new to tolerance. let's just count our blessings and be happy that homosexuals aren't being burned at the stake.