• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality is not a sin!

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
I agree. I am quite offended by the Dutch queens that appear on television, like the Toppers, they paint a very inaccurate picture of homosexuals in general. And I dislike them, strongly.

I know absolutelly nobody who likes them! Why are they still on tv really? :shrug:
It's not like they can really sing or so..

emiliano

It's completely natural--for gay men.
emiliano, you seem to suffer from an impaired ability to see things from someone else's point of view. (Don't worry, it's a treatable mental condition.) Because heterosexuality is natural for you, you think homosexuality is unnatural for anyone. But homosexuality is just as natural for a homosexual as heterosexuality is for you. It's kind of like left-handedness. We used to think it was unnatural and the mark of the devil, but now we know it's a natural variation. As for reproduction, unless you oppose celibacy, you're being inconsistent. Of course, that doesn't surprise me.

Almost a double, you also got it “Because heterosexuality is natural for you, you think homosexuality is unnatural for anyone” Good, it is a cultural thing and if I were to live in predominantly homosexual society/culture I would be that odd one, having said that, what would give me any rights to demand that they change their stand? What makes you think this: As for reproduction, unless you oppose celibacy, you're being inconsistent. Of course, that doesn't surprise me. I have sex once a year on my birthday so a I am used to celibate, no great deal though as I am 61 years of age and no longer reproducing and I have none of the urges that some talks about (Up to 13.95% of men in the U.S. either identify themselves as Gay, or have had a homosexual experience) it was a long time ago that I understood that love and sex are to different things, plus I live in a society that defines marriage as the union of a man and a woman so I don’t want to marry all those that I love, there are more to this emotion than have sex, I am told that these uncontrollable urges are treatable.

emiliano

People who are outwardly afraid of homosexuals are usually not afraid of the acts of homosexuality, more the fact that they're curious and they don't like it. Is there something you're not telling us champ?
The more you act like they're the root of all evil who must stay away from you because you're more special than eveyone else alive, the more people will think you're hiding something by making a song and dance about it.

Ah! I was wondering when the trump card was going to used. Good one Darkenless.:D:D:D

Diederick

I have sex once a year on my birthday so a I am used to celibate, no great deal though as I am 61 years of age and no longer reproducing
Okay, that was too much information - we really don't need to know how often you have sex. I don't see how this could possibly be helpful to the debate.
and I have none of the urges that some talks about (Up to 13.95% of men in the U.S. either identify themselves as Gay, or have had a homosexual experience)
Are you saying you no longer have the urges that 13,95% of the population has or has had? :areyoucra
it was a long time ago that I understood that love and sex are to different things, plus I live in a society that defines marriage as the union of a man and a woman so I don’t want to marry all those that I love, there are more to this emotion than have sex,
Love is a word which, like many words, has several definitions. You don't fall in love with everyone you love, you fall in love with someone who plays in on your hormones. Love as in being fond of, is quite different. I love pizza, but I don't have sex with it. :sarcastic
I am told that these uncontrollable urges are treatable.
You were told wrong. :yes:

emiliano

Craiky boys we do understand each other, I am on the 85.2% of Hispanic Latinos that don’t have abnormal urges and think that homosexuality (the urge) is not a sin but that acting upon them disqualifies them from a normal Christian Church and that if popular consultation is ever call in this country I will vote against redefining marriage to accommodate this behavior, which really brings my participation on this discussion to an end.

Diederick

Craiky boys we do understand each other, I am on the 85.2% of Hispanic Latinos that don’t have abnormal urges and think that homosexuality (the urge) is not a sin but that acting upon them disqualifies them from a normal Christian Church and that if popular consultation is ever call in this country I will vote against redefining marriage to accommodate this behavior, which really brings my participation on this discussion to an end.
At last, he gives up. :bow:

To be honest I haven't yet had enough of his opinion on what is 'normal' and how he feels about homosexual 'behaviour'. I like reaching a conclusion, not this retreating - returning to living in his own small world believing what he liked to believe, even though he secretly knows he is wrong. I'm not helping him is what I'm saying. Then again it's hard to reach a conclusion on on-line forums...

Well, at least that's one less series of posts one has to read three times in order to get some understanding of what he might be saying.:slap:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
.... even though he secretly knows he is wrong.....
That's what some say about me when it comes to atheism. I have learned that way that it is impossible to know what another person really thinks as long as he keeps saying the opposite. At least on forums.

Diederick

That's what some say about me when it comes to atheism. I have learned that way that it is impossible to know what another person really thinks as long as he keeps saying the opposite. At least on forums.
But you don't retreat from debate. There is something as true or not true, and if you're in a debate you try to figure out which it is. If you retreat from a debate, restating your first position which up until then was without any backing up, it seems pretty obvious to me that you're admitting you lost but don't feel like changing your mind yet. And that sort of upsets me. A bit. ;)

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
But you don't retreat from debate. There is something as true or not true, and if you're in a debate you try to figure out which it is. If you retreat from a debate, restating your first position which up until then was without any backing up, it seems pretty obvious to me that you're admitting you lost but don't feel like changing your mind yet. And that sort of upsets me. A bit. ;)

Yeah, I kind of disagree again :D

"There is something as true or not true,"
This is where you asume you are true.. He thinks he is. In fact both of you know you are right. In some cases it is indeed wiser to avoid unnecessary parroting..

Also, the purpose of a debate is not to win.

Mr Cheese

http://wichitafalls.yourhub.com/WichitaFalls/Blogs/Life/Philosophy/Blog~318210.aspx

Over the course of 20 years of pigeon breeding, I found a few remarkable occurrences, which gave me more than a little pause for thought.
Very occasionally, I raised a male or female bird, which would have nothing to do the opposite sex. In fact, they seemed to be driven to attachments for the same sex. It is a common known, and documented observation among pigeon breeders that if you have too few males in an open nesting loft, that the females will form what would otherwise be known as strong relationships. In fact, most of those behaviors will parrot the male and female relationships with one exception; they produce no young, but in every other respect, seem to be a completely committed ‘couple’. They build a nest, occupy the same nesting box, hand out together, etc. They are ‘at each other in many other ways usually consigned to the male and female relationships.
I have also raised ‘male’ birds that seemingly had only an interest in other ‘male’ birds, no matter how many unmated hens (females) were in this type of ‘open nesting’ situation.
Now I am not making some sort of argument, about human sexuality, nor the ‘religious discourse which so demarcates this topic, but I will say, in nature, among the pigeon population, there is some basis for a smidgeon of room for doubt about a final, absolute, from on high dictum. Nature, within the pigeon population does not line up with such metaphysical views, nor does it line up with common, everyday myths of pigeon monogamy.
Some pigeons, if you raise enough of them are stark homosexuals. Now one cannot say, in the pigeon’s case that ‘environment’ in fact, contributes to this so-called choice of attraction. Humans can say stuff like that if they wish, and they do, but baring the absolute fact that bird populations do not have a ‘religious metaphysic’ which EXPLAINS all of life, the reason for the apparent ‘homosexuality’ (in this case, a misnomer) is NOT explained by neither a religious commitment, nor one which arises out of ‘culture’, it frankly, is a biological fact of the case.
Now, ‘homosexuality’ is an incorrect term for describing our avian neighbors, apparently, genetically driven behaviors, as homo refers to ‘man’, yet I am not aware of a better, descriptive term for our avians which do not fit the mold. Maybe some really smart folks can enlighten me on this term.

Diederick

Yeah, I kind of disagree again :D
We are in disagreement.
"There is something as true or not true,"
This is where you asume you are true.. He thinks he is. In fact both of you know you are right. In some cases it is indeed wiser to avoid unnecessary parroting..
We cannot both be correct, so one of us is wrong. We both think we are right and that the other is at fault - hence we try to see which it is.
Also, the purpose of a debate is not to win.
No, I agree. It is to conclude.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Almost a double, you also got it “Because heterosexuality is natural for you, you think homosexuality is unnatural for anyone” Good, it is a cultural thing and if I were to live in predominantly homosexual society/culture I would be that odd one, having said that, what would give me any rights to demand that they change their stand?
Well true, but not my point. It's not about majorities. What I'm saying is that something might be natural for one person, but not another. It's natural for a left-handed person to throw with his left hand. It would not be natural for you (unless you're left-handed.) It's natural for me to be lesbian and you straight; we're not all the same, and that's O.K., we don't have to be.

To respond to your question, you should not have the right to demand that they be gay as well. You should have the right to be allowed to be yourself, as long as you'er not bothering them.
What makes you think this: As for reproduction, unless you oppose celibacy, you're being inconsistent. Of course, that doesn't surprise me. I have sex once a year on my birthday so a I am used to celibate, no great deal though as I am 61 years of age and no longer reproducing and I have none of the urges that some talks about (Up to 13.95% of men in the U.S. either identify themselves as Gay, or have had a homosexual experience)
So, according to you, not me, and your morality, not mine, once a year you violate your own moral code?
it was a long time ago that I understood that love and sex are to different things,
Sad for your wife. :( It can be separate, but when joined, it's wonderful.
plus I live in a society that defines marriage as the union of a man and a woman so I don’t want to marry all those that I love,
Who does? How would that even work?
there are more to this emotion than have sex, I am told that these uncontrollable urges are treatable.
I don't know about uncontrollable urges, but if you're having them perhaps you should consult a professional. I don't have that problem.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Very interesting information from Mr. Cheese, and a good example of why these discussions are occasionally productive.

Mr. Cheese: Are you familiar with the lesbian albatrosses and gay penguin dads?

Mr Cheese

Very interesting information from Mr. Cheese, and a good example of why these discussions are occasionally productive.

Mr. Cheese: Are you familiar with the lesbian albatrosses and gay penguin dads?

Gay penguins, yeah...

they had some in the Bronx zoo... a few years back

never heard of the Albatross ones, but I am not really surprised

djwj80

I grew up catholic, so this is what i was taught was a sexual sin. Having gay sex, having sex outside of marriage, having protected sex (and/or using birth control), getting divorced and having sex with your new spouse, masturbation. thats just off the top of my head. Also, i don't know anywhere in the bible that said that it was ok for heterosexuals to commit the same sexual activities with one another that homosexuals do. Is it ok in Gods eyes for a man and a woman to commit sodomy? So while people all like to point to scripture and criticize one another, just remember to take the log out of your own eye before you point out the spec in your brother's. I'm not saying this to pass judgement on anyone. Just to point out that maybe none of us are in a position to judge.