• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality is not a sin!

emiliano

Diederick,
Advertising of what? Homosexuality? Or that it is okay to be gay? Either are only positive so I don't see the problem.
:rolleyes:I though that it did not need a map to go with it, it seems that that I thought wrong, what they advertise is that this is completely natural, after all animals do it, and also advertise their campaign against those cruel bigot that say that it isn’t and believe that this is a bizarre behavior, those evil Christian minister that refuse to marry them, those schools that refuse to include gay sex in their sexual education for young children, those awful bigot that vote against redefining of marriage.

A manager can deny a job on grounds that are reasonable - when the person is not fit for the application. A manager cannot deny a person a job on grounds of that person's sexuality.
And of what planet are you talking about?

If and application is lodged against them on the grounds of sexual orientation discrimination the company/executive will have to defend it in court and this is costly whether they are right to wrong, so it is a winner. So close to fit is preferable to fit for the job.

That is all. Very stereotypical of you. Not even half of all homosexuals are as feminine as some stupid people like to describe homosexuals. Besides that, metrosexual men tend to be very straight - sexually. Could you rephrase please, because I really can't make any sense out of this gibberish.

:confused: You need a map again? I have not met any metrosexual man so I don’t know what say, is that a word? They need inventive people like you, what I am referring to is those that make sure that everybody knows that they are gay because the advantages that it gives them.;)

Alceste

Vagabond
I’ll give some examples, it seem that there is an unwritten law in TV programming that every show must have a homosexual or a lesbian in it and if it has both is much the better, it is as if this disorder affect a great percentage of the population, this is advertising is it not? if an aliens from out space choose to spy on us by watching our TV programs, they would think that at lest 50% of humans are gays. And that is the power of advertising or the good ole shoving it down the throat. What do you think of your trump card “bigot”?

LOL, dude, you could always just cancel your subscription to Maleflixxx TV.

Diederick

Diederick,
Yes... :sarcastic
:rolleyes:I though that it did not need a map to go with it, it seems that that I thought wrong, what they advertise is that this is completely natural, after all animals do it, and also advertise their campaign against those cruel bigot that say that it isn’t and believe that this is a bizarre behavior, those evil Christian minister that refuse to marry them, those schools that refuse to include gay sex in their sexual education for young children, those awful bigot that vote against redefining of marriage.
What are you suggesting, that the campaign against - what you could call - the opposers of homosexuality is not wrong? Those campaigns help put a face on homosexuality and attempt to counter the slander produced by the "bigots".
And of what planet are you talking about?
Earth. :areyoucra
If and application is lodged against them on the grounds of sexual orientation discrimination the company/executive will have to defend it in court and this is costly whether they are right to wrong, so it is a winner. So close to fit is preferable to fit for the job.
So the same would go for a woman who yells sexism and a Negro who yells discrimination? I find this very odd. It might happen, but we homosexuals know how hard it is to fight for acceptance and I think most of us are clever enough not to abuse the rights we only recently received. :)
:confused: You need a map again? I have not met any metrosexual man so I don’t know what say, is that a word? They need inventive people like you, what I am referring to is those that make sure that everybody knows that they are gay because the advantages that it gives them.;)
I was talking about this: now it may be because English is not my native language, but I'm really not sure what you're talking about.
...Any way a like you because you proposed a good solution segregation, which I agree to especially in the Church. The gays in the Church that work in a church to change t it tenet, those that use the IR as a weapon, there is conflicts and issues and there casualties, we won’t have and if the church want to do that we leave. What do you think of your trump card “bigot”?
I think what you're saying is that gays in a church try to change its policy and you will leave if they succeed? :sarcastic

The term bigot is used too often, it is losing its value. It is a good term to define people by though, because everyone knows we must then be talking about one of those nasty religious people who can't see right from wrong and do anything if it makes themselves feel better. :rolleyes:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I’ll give some examples, it seem that there is an unwritten law in TV programming that every show must have a homosexual or a lesbian in it and if it has both is much the better, it is as if this disorder affect a great percentage of the population, this is advertising is it not? ...... if an aliens from out space choose to spy on us by watching our TV programs, they would think that at lest 50% of humans are gays. And that is the power of advertising or the good ole shoving it down the throat. .......... What do you think of your trump card “bigot”?

Up to 7.5% of women in the U.S. either identify themselves as Lesbian, or have had a Lesbian experience.
Up to 13.95% of men in the U.S. either identify themselves as Gay, or have had a homosexual experience.
Contrast that with ethnic breakdowns in the U.S.
White 74%
Hispanic or Latino 14.8%
Black or African American 13.4%
Asian 4.4%
Native American .68%
Two or more races 2%

By your reasoning, since there is only 13.4% of Americans who identify themselves as Black or African American, only 13% of our television shows should show a Black person.
While Asians should be represented in the media only 4% of the time.
Heaven forbid we should see a Native American in the media more than 1% of the time.

Your "Gay Agenda" conspiracy theory is reminiscent of the uproar in southern churches caused when Lt. Uhura kissed Capt. Kirk on Star Trek. This at a time when miscegenation was still illegal in parts of the south.

For that matter, only 2.9% of marriages in the U.S. are considered interracial, yet we see a much higher percentage on TV.

Yes emiliano, you are the very definition of a bigot.

("unwritten rule" ROTFLMAO)

emiliano

Yes... :sarcastic

What are you suggesting, that the campaign against - what you could call - the opposers of homosexuality is not wrong? Those campaigns help put a face on homosexuality and attempt to counter the slander produced by the "bigots".

Earth. :areyoucra
So the same would go for a woman who yells sexism and a Negro who yells discrimination? I find this very odd. It might happen, but we homosexuals know how hard it is to fight for acceptance and I think most of us are clever enough not to abuse the rights we only recently received. :)
I was talking about this: now it may be because English is not my native language, but I'm really not sure what you're talking about.

I think what you're saying is that gays in a church try to change its policy and you will leave if they succeed? :sarcastic

The term bigot is used too often, it is losing its value. It is a good term to define people by though, because everyone knows we must then be talking about one of those nasty religious people who can't see right from wrong and do anything if it makes themselves feel better. :rolleyes:

Well I am glad that you got the point.
So the same would go for a woman who yells sexism and a Negro who yells discrimination? I find this very odd. It might happen, but we homosexuals know how hard it is to fight for acceptance and I think most of us are clever enough not to abuse the rights we only recently received.
What is so odd about it? Here in Australia gays are entitle to all the right that normal unions have, but is not enough, black went from disadvantage to privileged they get paid more social security they are favored when it comes to tertiary education, scholarships, women in politics are selected just because there must a percentage of females in their candidacy regardless of ability or qualifications if you want to get a job or been promoted in your present job you’ll be well advised to pint yourself black to improve your chances or become gay off course. It didn’t take too long and there are no shortages of lawyers to take discrimination cases to court.
As for the church is religious leader cave in to this I would leave and move to a normal congregation, the vast majority of them are.

emiliano

Up to 7.5% of women in the U.S. either identify themselves as Lesbian, or have had a Lesbian experience.
Up to 13.95% of men in the U.S. either identify themselves as Gay, or have had a homosexual experience.
Contrast that with ethnic breakdowns in the U.S.
White 74%
Hispanic or Latino 14.8%
Black or African American 13.4%
Asian 4.4%
Native American .68%
Two or more races 2%

By your reasoning, since there is only 13.4% of Americans who identify themselves as Black or African American, only 13% of our television shows should show a Black person.
While Asians should be represented in the media only 4% of the time.
Heaven forbid we should see a Native American in the media more than 1% of the time.

Your "Gay Agenda" conspiracy theory is reminiscent of the uproar in southern churches caused when Lt. Uhura kissed Capt. Kirk on Star Trek. This at a time when miscegenation was still illegal in parts of the south.

For that matter, only 2.9% of marriages in the U.S. are considered interracial, yet we see a much higher percentage on TV.

Yes emiliano, you are the very definition of a bigot.

("unwritten rule" ROTFLMAO)
Ah does is why you can't wait for legalization of gay marriages? You have done a business plan and market research; well that explains your position on this issue. Almost 20% marriage celebrants do have a stake on this

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Ah does is why you can't wait for legalization of gay marriages? You have done a business plan and market research; well that explains your position on this issue. Almost 20% marriage celebrants do have a stake on this

Could you rewrite that so it is coherent?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Joe it seems to that you lack information to the why I called it unnatural, for a male to have sex with another male is against their natural instinct, which is to reproduce and preserve their gene pool, whether this happen in irrational brutes or humans is against nature (get it?), and as you can worked out your Island story is still an unnatural instinct “fall in love with each other and have sex”? Joe you don’t have to have sex with everything/everybody that you love, if you think that a male can substitute the natural copulation of male and female for gay sex, you’re nuts! A male falling in love with another male a natural act?

It's completely natural--for gay men.
emiliano, you seem to suffer from an impaired ability to see things from someone else's point of view. (Don't worry, it's a treatable mental condition.) Because heterosexuality is natural for you, you think homosexuality is unnatural for anyone. But homosexuality is just as natural for a homosexual as heterosexuality is for you. It's kind of like left-handedness. We used to think it was unnatural and the mark of the devil, but now we know it's a natural variation. As for reproduction, unless you oppose celibacy, you're being inconsistent. Of course, that doesn't surprise me.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
But this behaviors are so alien to heterosexuals, how can be equality between these two?
This are people acting in an unnatural way, How can this be equal to what is natural?

Are you a native speaker of English? We don't know what you're trying to say. Are all anti-gay bigots as illiterate as you? We can help you, if you're willing to learn.

Big_TJ

So, you're singlularly obsessed with the image of a man having sex with with another man, and believe that alone defines what homosexuality is. And you don't think you know any (although you do, of course - everybody does). Maybe your own mind is the real horror, not men who happen to fall in love with men.

Again, how very Freudian.

Maybe if you would lighten up about it, the gay people you know would be comfortable outing themselves to you, allowing you the opportunity to see they are exactly like you (although probably better dressed and better smelling), and to overcome your sexual neurosis.
What kind of stupid reponse is this?? What is there for me to "lighten up about"? I have already stated that it does not matter one bit to me (except I don't associate with men who if I know that they are homos). The concept of "two men falling in love" is a sick concept to me personally; I just don't go around purporting that everyone else should hold that view.

If you are gay (and I am not suggesting you are), it would seem that is your mind that is the real horror is you expect persons "lighten up" on their personal belief.

Big_TJ

That's still a rather troubling notion, that you equate rapists with homosexuals in your mind. Are you so fond of rapists or so ridiculously terrified of homosexuals?
Let me try this again . . . . I, BIG_TJ, have the same negative feelings towards homosexual and child molesters . . Kind of like saying "I BIG_TJ, have the same feelings towards swimming and fast cars." There is nothing linking both; just my personal feelings, and it the feeling can be caused by different reasons in each case.

You really need to change your tone here. It would be very nice of you to include the words "I think" when you pose a statement that is so off. A line like this: "I think straight sex is sooo disgusting." is far less offensive to straight people than: "Straight sex is sooo disgusting!" Personally, I find straight sex rather awful, mostly because it involves... woman.
I accept this, and it is certainly not my intention to offend anyone. I should have stated that the idea is sooo disgusting TO ME.
Personally, I find straight sex rather awful, mostly because it involves... woman
And this fine; we certainly wont argue on that. This is simply saying that we differ in our preference for sex, which is absolutely no problem. I will certainly not tell you that you will burn in HELL for dating men and I am sure that you wont tell me that I will burn in HELL for dating women:yes:

So a murderer is born a murder because no one in his right mind would do something so disgusting? Bad wat to come to conclusions dude.

There are some persons that hold some portion of this this view (Lombroso, for example Lombroso and the pathological perspective can be traced back to the 19th Century following a history of demonic and classical perspectives). My views on murderer would be out of the scope of this thread.

Alceste

Vagabond
What kind of stupid reponse is this?? What is there for me to "lighten up about"? I have already stated that it does not matter one bit to me (except I don't associate with men who if I know that they are homos). The concept of "two men falling in love" is a sick concept to me personally; I just don't go around purporting that everyone else should hold that view.

If you are gay (and I am not suggesting you are), it would seem that is your mind that is the real horror is you expect persons "lighten up" on their personal belief.

:rolleyes: Yeah, right, you totally don't need to lighten up.

FYI, I'm a heterosexual woman, for what it's worth, but if I happened to be a lesbian or a gay man it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I love who I love. If I fell in love with a woman tomorrow, I'd be fine with that. Never happened so far, but I can't rule out the possibility that it could. You on the other hand would have a major psychological disaster on your hands if you developed romantic feelings for another man. I advise you to lighten up for your own sake, not for the sake of all those disgusting homos you refuse to associate with.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

People who are outwardly afraid of homosexuals are usually not afraid of the acts of homosexuality, more the fact that they're curious and they don't like it. Is there something you're not telling us champ?

The more you act like they're the root of all evil who must stay away from you because you're more special than eveyone else alive, the more people will think you're hiding something by making a song and dance about it.

Alceste

Vagabond
People who are outwardly afraid of homosexuals are usually not afraid of the acts of homosexuality, more the fact that they're curious and they don't like it. Is there something you're not telling us champ?

The more you act like they're the root of all evil who must stay away from you because you're more special than eveyone else alive, the more people will think you're hiding something by making a song and dance about it.

Agreed. A person has to spend quite a lot of time contemplating the nitty gritty details of what two men might do to each other in the bedroom to find it so repulsive it merits developing a major complex about it, explaining it to strangers on the internet and trying to keep a safe distance from all gay men irl. ;)

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Agreed. A person has to spend quite a lot of time contemplating the nitty gritty details of what two men might do to each other in the bedroom to find it so repulsive it merits developing a major complex about it, explaining it to strangers on the internet and trying to keep a safe distance from all gay men irl. ;)

Haha true, i don't want to know they they get up to any more than they want to know what i get up to. Its called common courtesy, "Don't ask, don't tell." ;)

My one problem with gay people is the gay people who feel like its their duty to act the part, drives me insane. They need to realise that the world stopped caring they were gay 10 years ago and you can't win any medals for acting like a pansy. It doesn't add to your reputation. They need to start acting like real people again and stop kidding themselves. Being gay does not mean acting like a fairy.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

...:yes:

Alceste

Vagabond
Haha true, i don't want to know they they get up to any more than they want to know what i get up to. Its called common courtesy, "Don't ask, don't tell." ;)

My one problem with gay people is the gay people who feel like its their duty to act the part, drives me insane. They need to realise that the world stopped caring they were gay 10 years ago and you can't win any medals for acting like a pansy. It doesn't add to your reputation. They need to start acting like real people again and stop kidding themselves. Being gay does not mean acting like a fairy.

I don't know any gay people who act like fairies. All the ones I know are so normal you wouldn't even guess they were gay (if they weren't such snappy dressers.)

Maybe you only notice the ones who act like "fairies." Nothing wrong with that - I only notice the black men who dress like gangstas and walk all stupid and slouched over to the side with their pants around their knees, and the Asians who smell funny, and the Indians who wear turbans. I mean, I only notice that they ARE black, or Asian, or Indian when they fit some stupid stereotype I still have left over from grade school. Otherwise I just think of people as people.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I don't know any gay people who act like fairies. All the ones I know are so normal you wouldn't even guess they were gay (if they weren't such snappy dressers.)

Maybe you only notice the ones who act like "fairies." Nothing wrong with that - I only notice the black men who dress like gangstas and walk all stupid and slouched over to the side with their pants around their knees, and the Asians who smell funny, and the Indians who wear turbans. I mean, I only notice that they ARE black, or Asian, or Indian when they fit some stupid stereotype I still have left over from grade school. Otherwise I just think of people as people.

Yeh thats what i'm saying, it annoys me that they go out of their way to recognised as homosexuals when the vast majority of homosexuals can act normally and not make a huge deal out of it.
I'd prefer not to be bombarded with homosexual propoganda just because someone wants some attention and recognition for being gay.
It really doesn't bother me what they do, i just don't see a reason to act like a fairy. If i were gay, i'd be insulted by their behaviour.

Diederick

Yeh thats what i'm saying, it annoys me that they go out of their way to recognised as homosexuals when the vast majority of homosexuals can act normally and not make a huge deal out of it.
I'd prefer not to be bombarded with homosexual propoganda just because someone wants some attention and recognition for being gay.
It really doesn't bother me what they do, i just don't see a reason to act like a fairy. If i were gay, i'd be insulted by their behaviour.
I agree. I am quite offended by the Dutch queens that appear on television, like the Toppers, they paint a very inaccurate picture of homosexuals in general. And I dislike them, strongly.