• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality and the Church

FunIsBad

standing_alone said:
Better to deal with what is really going on in the world, rather than what could have been, but is not.

Also, who is trying to make homosexuality the norm?

That is the equivelent of giving up my friend!! your previous post sugested that mankind could exist with 100% same sex relationships this may be true however the unsustainable nature of this arangement is blatent. Personally I could not give a toss but find it irritating when people get bogged down with unimportant details and non issues. If tolerance and understanding were applied a lot of these problems would become unimportant and consideration of clearly intelligent people could be focused on more pressing issues?

standing_alone

FunIsBad said:
That is the equivelent of giving up my friend!!

No. I just don't feel like wasting time arguing about something off-topic from the original post and isn't the true state of the world anyways.

FunIsBad said:
however the unsustainable nature of this arangement is blatent.

How so? You mentioned something about having sex outside of marriage bonds. Well, if we are going to sit here and recreate worlds (rather than worry about the one we actually live in), who's to say there is an institution of marriage or that everyone lives in that institution. The fact is that a homosexual male and homosexual female (as long as neither are sterile) can reproduce and bear offspring.

FunIsBad said:
If tolerance and understanding were applied a lot of these problems would become unimportant and consideration of clearly intelligent people could be focused on more pressing issues?

If. Too bad that's not the case, eh?

turk179

I smell something....
FunIsBad said:
That is the equivelent of giving up my friend!! your previous post sugested that mankind could exist with 100% same sex relationships this may be true however the unsustainable nature of this arangement is blatent. Personally I could not give a toss but find it irritating when people get bogged down with unimportant details and non issues. If tolerance and understanding were applied a lot of these problems would become unimportant and consideration of clearly intelligent people could be focused on more pressing issues?
Actually you were the one that brought that argument up, but no need to get irritated with yourself. :D

FunIsBad

Ha Ha, you lot are picky, I was trying to illustrate that this entire thread is a non issue but somehow you yanks confuse the issue!!

wmam

FunIsBad........ I understand your point on it not being very natural for a species to eliminate itself by not reproducing because of same sex unions but I see where Standing Alone is coming from to........I mean if you allow what some consider sin to be the norm then cheating on your significant other would be a non-issue. To them it is not a sin and some don't care if it is.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
FunIsBad said:
Ha Ha, you lot are picky, I was trying to illustrate that this entire thread is a non issue but somehow you yanks confuse the issue!!

To you it's a non-issue. But there are plenty of gay people on this forum and not who suffer because of this "non-issue". Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean nobody else should.