• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality and neuro-association

Which of these scenarios comes to mind [i]first[/i]?

• Effeminate men/crossdressers

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Men holding hands

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Men kissing

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Men fondling each other

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Men performing oral sex

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Men performing anal sex

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Masculine women

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Women kissing

• Women fondling each other

• Women performing oral sex

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Ðanisty

Okay, please pay close attention to this. I want you guys to pick what comes to mind first when you hear the word homosexuality or the word homosexual. There is no option for all of the above because unless you're thinking about an orgy, one of these scenarios will come to mind before the others. If the first thing that comes to mind isn't on this list, pick the option closest to what you imagine. I realize this poll can't possibly cover everything.

It's important to pick the first thing that comes to mind. I realize that after a second of thinking about it, most of you will probably imagine more than one option, but that's not what's important for this poll. I've made the voting anonymous, so there's no reason to be embarrassed.

FatMan

I picked men engaging in anal sex, mainly because for whatever reasons, I have held hands with other men (even if it was in a huddle), and I've given kisses to my Father and son. But the anal part - - not so much.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Where's the "same sex couples cuddling" option? That's the first thing that comes to my mind. But I guess if I had to choose one, it'd be guys holding hands.

Ðanisty

Jaymes said:
Where's the "same sex couples cuddling" option? That's the first thing that comes to my mind. But I guess if I had to choose one, it'd be guys holding hands.
Holding hands is a good option. I didn't put "cuddling" because that can mean different things for different people.

Ðanisty

FatMan said:
I picked men engaging in anal sex, mainly because for whatever reasons, I have held hands with other men (even if it was in a huddle), and I've given kisses to my Father and son. But the anal part - - not so much.
Is that the first thought that came into your mind? It sounds like you rationalized it.

Fluffy

A fool
Nothing comes to mind. I don't associate homosexuality with homosexual activity just as I don't associate heterosexuality with heterosexual activity. Sexuality is part of a person and there is nothing visual about a person that gives away their sexuality. Therefore, there is nothing to associate it with.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Men kissing. Probably because that's the first thing I associated with homosexuality when I first heard the word long ago.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
I was practically raised around effeminate men and cross dressers. So my neuro inclinations pop up the pictures of my childhood. Although I never connected any sex to it. I did attach sex later in my teen years but it was never perceived by me as something disgusting or anything like that. But even then, effeminate behaivor and cross dressing supercedes any other nuero associations I may have.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Naturally, the first thing that comes to mind for me is savage homosexual men and women wantonly tearing down Western Civilization in the guise of doing it a complete make-over.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Victor said:

Because, there was an adjective involved. Every brain is trained to consider adjectives. Homosexuality entails an adjective, "gay", for which certain ideas, concepts, stereotypes, and mental-images are associated. The same is true of the words "heterosexual", "african", "arab", "clean-cut", "rudeboy", "thug", "native-american", and so on.

It's simply not psychologically possible to have no association. Even if you are a homosexual, how could you not self-identify? How could you not see yourself, but other people, randomly, and without association?