• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homophopic........ Me ?

midopafo

Well I think there is enough in the Bible saying about this. And I think there is enough in the world today to say about this. For the record I do not fear homosexuals, isn't that what a phobia is ? Actually I encourage the LGBT community to carry on and eventually dominate all of society. I would encourage anyone with grace to be like minded, remember S and G ?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Well I think there is enough in the Bible saying about this. And I think there is enough in the world today to say about this. For the record I do not fear homosexuals, isn't that what a phobia is ? Actually I encourage the LGBT community to carry on and eventually dominate all of society. I would encourage anyone with grace to be like minded, remember S and G ?

............ This is not a good discussion starter.......

But I will try regardless.

What are your thoughts on what that the bible says about this?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sodom and Gomorrah's listed sins were not homosexuality (angels aren't male anyway). It was uncharitability to the poor and unneighborly behavior. America's got that covered without assistance of the LGBT.

Also phobia is fear AND/OR aversion or irrational hatred. Xenophobics don't tend to fear outsiders but hate and ostracize them.

Kapalika

Premium Member

Okay, first of all the term doesn't always mean you just fear them.

Second, we don't want to dominate "all of society". You see, unlike your religion our desire and capacity to live our lives doesn't involve controlling other people's lives and getting in their buisness. It's funny how much certain people think that living and let live and minding their own business somehow equates to other people controlling society. This is classic projection and a picture of those people's own fear of loosing their religion's control over society. They are doing and have been doing for decades what they preach that they are afraid of the "homosexual agenda" of doing.

The only "agenda" that LGBT folk have is being treated equally and with common decency. How is that dominating anything? That would be like saying that black people dominiated society after emancipation, or that women dominated society after earning the right to vote. It's a ridiculous and asinine argument.

Thirdly, no where in the Old Testament does it say that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed for being homosexual, that's actually a common misconception.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Sodom and Gomorrah's listed sins were not homosexuality (angels aren't male anyway). It was uncharitability to the poor and unneighborly behavior. America's got that covered without assistance of the LGBT.

Also phobia is fear AND/OR aversion or irrational hatred. Xenophobics don't tend to fear outsiders but hate and ostracize them.

Angels are androgynous :)

One of the reasons I find them fascinating.

midopafo

Well I am looking at this forum and you have almost 3000 messages out there. So what ?

Those who have ears to hear will hear what I have said, and will take it or leave it.

You got a problem with that ?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Well I am looking at this forum and you have almost 3000 messages out there. So what ?

Those who have ears to hear will hear what I have said, and will take it or leave it.

You got a problem with that ?

Are you talking to me?

If so, why the hell does my message count matter?

And why are you asking me if I have a problem?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Unneighbourly behaviour? Nice euphemism :D

Demanding the opportunity to gang rape some visiting angels is certainly unneighbourly.

I don't translate it as being any attempted gang rape.

The other story which uses the same wording - and that same YADA - tells us what they wanted to do to him - was kill him, not have sex with him.

Eze 16:2 Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations,

Eze 16:48A s I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.

Eze 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Eze 16:50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Eze 16:51 Neither hath Samaria committed half of thy sins; but thou hast multiplied thine abominations more than they, and hast justified thy sisters in all thine abominations which thou hast done.

So the people of Jerusalem were worse then the people of Sodom.

Was Jerusalem a city of homosexuals? Nope.

I don't translate it as being any attempted gang rape.

I was just going by Genesis 19 (mostly because I've never read Ezekiel :D ):

And they called unto Lot, and said unto him: ‘Where are the men that came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.’ 6And Lot went out unto them to the door, and shut the door after him. 7And he said: ‘I pray you, my brethren, do not so wickedly. 8Behold now, I have two daughters that have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes; only unto these men do nothing; forasmuch as they are come under the shadow of my roof.’ 9And they said: ‘Stand back.’ And they said: ‘This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs play the judge; now will we deal worse with thee, than with them.’

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I was just going by Genesis 19 (mostly because I've never read Ezekiel :D ):

And they called unto Lot, and said unto him: ‘Where are the men that came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.’ 6And Lot went out unto them to the door, and shut the door after him. 7And he said: ‘I pray you, my brethren, do not so wickedly. 8Behold now, I have two daughters that have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes; only unto these men do nothing; forasmuch as they are come under the shadow of my roof.’ 9And they said: ‘Stand back.’ And they said: ‘This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs play the judge; now will we deal worse with thee, than with them.’

Assuming that this event took place:

Since angels are without human gender and sex, it would have been impossible to have a homosexual act against them expect perhaps if your where an intersexual.

Lot more than likely called them men out of convenience if that verse.

The Neo Nerd

I guess the important thing is that you think we are all stupid enough to think that claiming that you are not a homophobe hides your hatred and bigotry.

You sure have us tricked.

Raahim

مكتوب
I'm not homophobic. I have many friends who declare themselves as gay or bisexual (both male & female), but that I consider homosexual acts as something unclean but it's not on me to judge others because we are all responsible for our own acts.

Last edited:

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
For the record I do not fear homosexuals, isn't that what a phobia is ?

Linguistically, it would make more sense to define a phobia as having a more-than-moderate dislike/distaste of whatever you want to tie it into (e.g. spiders).
Fear can be defined within that, yes, but it is not confined to it.

Actually I encourage the LGBT community to carry on and eventually dominate all of society. I would encourage anyone with grace to be like minded, remember S and G ?

I'm not sure how you are trying to tie in Sodom and Gomorrah with your statement...