• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homo Sapiens and Dinosaurs?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I was well aware actually that homo erectus and Dinosaurs didn't live together, but I was listening to Limp Bizkit "Rollin", and it made me think "Homo Erectus dysfunction" after a phone conversation with someone about dinosaurs in Alaska hybernating during the winter, so couldn't resist posting that lovely contribution. :D.

But I would say those huge Nile crocodiles that eat roughly 300 people a year to this day , qualify as dinosaurs, no?

And the people they have an appetite for devouring are homo sapiens!
05-25-nile-crocodile-florida.jpg
4814714_square.jpg
main-qimg-9fa703500840d9e48025da64aa0dcfca-lq.jpeg
5f08b7e5f34d053f663fbada.jpeg

And Limp Bizkit is a band from Florida I was listening to while I got a call from a Florida number, and first Nile crocodile image I copied was a Nile crocodile in Florida, all of this proof that my messages are inspired by higher powers (I'm certain)! :p

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Question: What do you get when you cross a crocodile with a prostitute?

Answer: Your last fellatio.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I was well aware actually that homo erectus and Dinosaurs didn't live together, but I was listening to Limp Bizkit "Rollin", and it made me think "Homo Erectus dysfunction" after a phone conversation with someone about dinosaurs in Alaska hybernating during the winter, so couldn't resist posting that lovely contribution. :D.

But I would say those huge Nile crocodiles that eat roughly 300 people a year to this day , qualify as dinosaurs, no?

View attachment 59266 View attachment 59267 View attachment 59268 View attachment 59269

And Limp Bizkit is a band from Florida I was listening to while I got a call from a Florida number, and first Nile crocodile image I copied was a Nile crocodile in Florida, all of this proof that my messages are inspired by higher powers (I'm certain)! :p

Just FYI,

There re mainly alligators in Florida and they are much less aggressive than crocodiles.

They have zipline tours over the alligators there. Sounds like fun but don't drop your smart phone. :D

crocros_slide3.jpg

sfl-emotional-gator-wre0089162783-20190117

Screenshot_2016-03-31_11.29.20.png

feeding-and-petting-alligators.jpg

images

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Just FYI,

There re mainly alligators in Florida and they are much less aggressive than crocodiles.

They have zipline tours over the alligators there. Sounds like fun but don't drop your smart phone. :D

crocros_slide3.jpg

sfl-emotional-gator-wre0089162783-20190117

Screenshot_2016-03-31_11.29.20.png

feeding-and-petting-alligators.jpg

images
Loveable , harmless, cute, friendly dinosaurs! :)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Loveable , cute, friendly dinosaurs! :)

Yeah, recall you had a pet spider before?
Don't know if I'd keep one but I'd imagine few folks would bother you while you are walking your pet alligator down the street.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe birds are actually more closely related to dinosaurs than crocodiles are.
Indeed. Although both share a common ancestor with dinosaurs, I think.
(Been a while since primary school science lol)

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member

View attachment 59266 View attachment 59267 View attachment 59268 View attachment 59269

I don’t think crocs are classified as dinosaurs since they do not have every trait that dinosaurs have. They are related but are not dinosaurs. Dinosaur adjacent maybe

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don’t think crocs are classified as dinosaurs since they do not have every trait that dinosaurs have. They are related but are not dinosaurs. Dinosaur adjacent maybe
You're no fun! :p

They are great , big, prehistoric, flesh eating , cold blooded monsters that have a lot more in common with Dinosaurs than the birds now a days (how many people each year get killed by birds?) , and they have skin and face that has more in common with something in the same family as what we see in a Jurassic park movie, that they are Dinosaurs in my book, even if not technically having the title.

The Dinosaur animals portrayed at least in Jurassic park are huge reptiles, many of them eating human beings when presented the opportunity. Crocodiles eat more people than any other animal on earth and are prehistoric reptiles.

Could you explain though, what disqualifies them from being in the Dinosaur family?

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member

They are great , big, prehistoric, flesh eating , cold blooded monsters that have a lot more in common with Dinosaurs than the birds now a days (how many people each year get killed by birds?) , and they have skin and face that has more in common with something in the same family as what we see in a Jurassic park movie, that they are Dinosaurs in my book, even if not technically having the title.

The Dinosaur animals portrayed at least in Jurassic park are huge reptiles, many of them eating human beings when presented the opportunity. Crocodiles eat more people than any other animal on earth and are prehistoric reptiles.

Could you explain though, what disqualifies them from being in the Dinosaur family?
It’s been a while since bio class so forgive my hazy memory
Crocodiles share a common ancestor with dinosaurs but split off from them fairly early in prehistory. But they’re actually more closely related to lizards than to dinosaurs.
Birds are a subspecies of dinosaurs, so they’re classified as dinosaurs. Theropods I think.
I think the physiology of crocs basically distinguishes them as “not a Dino but close” rather than living dinosaurs.

I’m sure someone more qualified is better suited to answer why specifically. But not all prehistoric reptiles are considered dinosaurs, remember that.
Also Jurassic park’s pop science has since become somewhat outdated

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member

Oh and as to accusation no one is killed by birds, go against an emu or cassowary. They’ll eat you alive :D
upload_2022-1-22_14-26-26.gif