• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homo erectus and Dinosaurs?

SA Huguenot

Scientific enquiry by looking at pictures? You'll go far.
As already noted,
"Humans are apes (superfamily Hominoidea)."
- Human - Wikipedia

"The family Hominidae (hominids), the great apes, include four genera comprising three extant species of orangutans and their subspecies, two extant species of gorillas and their subspecies, two extant species of panins (bonobos and chimpanzees) and their subspecies, and one extant species of humans in a single extant subspecies."
- Ape - Wikipedia

You, your parents, your grandparents, your entire family tree, me: apes.
So, you are an Ape!
Always wondered!:p

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I check the mirror daily.
Walk upright, Speak, dance, drive vehicles, dress...
Nope, I aint no monkey!:D
And I see you say you are one!;)
You clearly know nothing bout biology. Organisms aren't classed by achievements.
Monkeys aren't apes, any more than felines are canines -- despite similar shapes.

Realy!
Dont you believe in Evolution?
What does evolution have to do with religion?
One is faith-based, the other, evidence based; one mythology, the other knowledge.

SA Huguenot

Read the link and don't try to play the stupid Boer.:rolleyes:
Oh, I love that name.
A descendend of the Dutch reformation that created the modern Western society by being tolerant and collected science, discovered all factions of science, philosophy, the monitary system of reserve banks, the first stock exchange, becomming a world power, teaching the New World to the backward Darkages medievel Europe, shaping democracy in America, remocing religious despotism, creating the environment for enlightenment.
You know, all the nice things on earth that made the west so prosperous.
My greats even taught the Japanese on what the Dutch science could do.
No wonder the influence of the Dutch changed the world
Dutch Golden Age - Wikipedia
And yes, they were stupid Boers, children of the Golden age of the Dutch.
Envious arent you!

:rolleyes::cool:

SA Huguenot

Seriously???
Let me help you.
The age of a Fossil can not be determined, if you do not have any organic material left.
If you do have organic material, then you can do C14 radio Isotope tests.
But C14/C12 can not exceed 70 000 years.
Therefore, the rock wherein the fossil is found should give a date.
However, the rock fossils are found in is sedimentary rocks, and it is virtually impossible to date such rocks.
Therefore scientists rely on 2 other methods.
One is to see if there are any Igneous rocks covering the fossil in the sedimentary rock.
Igneous rocks can be tested and dated.
This will give you an estimated date on when the fossil was burried.
The other method is the supposed Geological column.
Guess how that works.
We look at the fossils in the Rock, and say it was a certain age.
Then we ask, how how do you know the age of the fossils in that rock?
Evolutionists then say, we dated the rock.

Which was first, the egg or the chicken situation.

Oh, and I will not even mention the assumptions these evolutionists uses when dating anything.
Anyhow, I thought you know that to date a fossil, you look at the rock, and to date the rock, you look at the fossil.

SA Huguenot

Yet it's the democrats that embrace science, and the Republicans that embrace knee-jerk, emotional positions.
Funny!
So, what do you say?
Can you get the virus, you know the C word one... if you were vaccinated?
Can you transmit the virus if you had the vaccine?
can you get ill if you were vaccinated?

So why wear a mask and force people that dont want to be vaccinated to get the shot?
Fauch is not the only scientist on this earth, there are many more competant virologists that calls him out as a narccisist and political motivated burocrat.
Democrats and Republicans are for and against the vaccine.
Not only Republicans.
but what you dont like is that Republicans are:

Pro Choice!

SA Huguenot

What does evolution have to do with religion?
One is faith-based, the other, evidence based; one mythology, the other knowledge.
I agree 100% with your statement.
YHWH is faith-based, the other, Evolution, evidence based; one (evolution) mythology, the other knowledge (Bible)
Thanx, I will use this in future.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Oh, I love that name.
A descendend of the Dutch reformation that created the modern Western society by being tolerant and collected science, discovered all factions of science, philosophy, the monitary system of reserve banks, the first stock exchange, becomming a world power, teaching the New World to the backward Darkages medievel Europe, shaping democracy in America, remocing religious despotism, creating the environment for enlightenment.
You know, all the nice things on earth that made the west so prosperous.
My greats even taught the Japanese on what the Dutch science could do.
No wonder the influence of the Dutch changed the world
Dutch Golden Age - Wikipedia
And yes, they were stupid Boers, children of the Golden age of the Dutch.
Envious arent you!

:rolleyes::cool:
What went wrong, then? :p

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Do you believe homo sapiens or those humanoid homo erection (homo erectus or whatever they were :p )folks lived in the good old days back when earth was covered by Dinosaurs and the ocean was swimming with toothed monsters the size of many school buses combined?

View attachment 59247 View attachment 59248 View attachment 59249 View attachment 59250 View attachment 59251

If so, If homo erectus had to live in such a world, it sounds like homo erectus lived in a more dysfunctional horrifying world than the one currently.

I call it homo erectus dysfunction! :p.

What do you think some of the challenges were for those people?

I'm aware many don't see evidence homo erectus dated as far back as many of the Dinosaurs, but I'm just asking your opinion on it, and if they did, what your thoughts of life for them might be like?
The answer to the OP is "no" as there's millions of years difference in when they lived. Today's "dinosaurs" are the birds we see.

metis

Some people insist differently, but as I stated in OP, lack of evidence, but scientists also declare they don't know how to guarantee accuracy on dating some skulls and fossils
That depends on what's found with them and which strata they're found in. However, there's never been found a primate skull going back anywhere near when the dinosaurs lived.

metis

I left the fundamentalist Protestant church I grew up in in my 20's partially to due to the anti-science and anti-intellectual teachings of that denomination. As Einstein correctly said imo: "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind".

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Funny!
So, what do you say?
Can you get the virus, you know the C word one... if you were vaccinated?
Can you transmit the virus if you had the vaccine?
can you get ill if you were vaccinated?
What's your point? Stop it!
Noöne is saying vaccination is perfect, but it is effective. Seat belts aren't perfect either, but they're mandated, and I don't hear people complaining.
So why wear a mask and force people that dont want to be vaccinated to get the shot?
Fauch is not the only scientist on this earth, there are many more competant virologists that calls him out as a narccisist and political motivated burocrat.
So what measures do you advocate, to deal with this pandemic, if you oppose the most effective ones we have?
Democrats and Republicans are for and against the vaccine.
Not only Republicans.
but what you dont like is that Republicans are:
Pro Choice!
Pro choice about what? Abortion? choosing to ignore the pandemic?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree 100% with your statement.
YHWH is faith-based, the other, Evolution, evidence based; one (evolution) mythology, the other knowledge (Bible)
Thanx, I will use this in future.
You have a strange definition of "knowledge." Apparently it's entirely divorced from evidence and reason.