• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homeless again

Kapalika

Premium Member
This morning I was woken up and told I need to leave by the end of the day, or I would be served a 3 day notice.

I'm not any freeloader, I paid my part, almost half of the rent plus getting us some furniture and other stuff. But because I'm technically not employed (I mostly do oddjobs) the landlord wouldn't let me get on the lease, but they gave me some time to find a "real job".

Well, now that time is up and I didn't secure a "real job" and it's at the point that if I don't go, me and my roommate both will get evicted. I don't want an eviction on my record and I don't want to hurt my friend, so I have to leave tonight.

I have about a $100 to my name, and some of the supplies and other stuff from when I was homeless before. I've been packing stuff and talking with new friends in this area to figure out a plan. At least I finally sorted out an issue and got medical coverage and food stamps two weeks ago, so it's not all bad as I'll soon be getting medical and mental health care I've been without for 3 months.

Ya, my life sucks lol

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
th

Cooky

Veteran Member
This morning I was woken up and told I need to leave by the end of the day, or I would be served a 3 day notice.

I'm not any freeloader, I paid my part, almost half of the rent plus getting us some furniture and other stuff. But because I'm technically not employed (I mostly do oddjobs) the landlord wouldn't let me get on the lease, but they gave me some time to find a "real job".

Well, now that time is up and I didn't secure a "real job" and it's at the point that if I don't go, me and my roommate both will get evicted. I don't want an eviction on my record and I don't want to hurt my friend, so I have to leave tonight.

I have about a $100 to my name, and some of the supplies and other stuff from when I was homeless before. I've been packing stuff and talking with new friends in this area to figure out a plan. At least I finally sorted out an issue and got medical coverage and food stamps two weeks ago, so it's not all bad as I'll soon be getting medical and mental health care I've been without for 3 months.

Ya, my life sucks lol

What county are you in?

Kapalika

Premium Member
I forgot to mention this, but I've been following up with a store where I've made a good rapport with the workers there and one of the managers and they just started hiring last week so I might actually be out of this situation soon enough. It's further than I've gotten before with other jobs I followed up with, at least. Just been trying to catch the hiring manager since Friday.

What county are you in?

I'm in America, California specifically.

Last edited:

Kapalika

Premium Member
Me too. I'm in Orange County. If you need any help, and you're near here, just let me know.

That's about 3+ hours from here so not terribly far. I do appreciate the gesture, but I got some ties here already so I should probably stay. A friend has also said they might be able to let me stay in the future (but can't at the moment due to things).

I'm not not sure how to feel about this situation. In the past, I was usually on the other end, subletting to people who needed help off their feet (I did this multiple times). I guess I kind of feel embarrassed, and I know I've always hated asking for help. People IRL tell me I'm too hard on myself :/

Kapalika

Premium Member
I just wanted to say I got robbed last night. Due to some circumstances I was able to recover all but one thing. I'm trying to write a proper narration of it so I might explain later. It makes for an interesting and fun misadventure to tell but it for sure was NOT fun in the moment.

I told someone the whole story about 4 hours after it happened, and they it basically kind of sounded like a comedy as it was kind of a who done it situation where I was friends with only one guy there and there was a lot of confusion and some silly things done until what was either extreme luck or some form of divine intervention occurred (we did figure out who did it and it was recovered for me). The guy who stole it could of so easily gotten away with it.

Also some advice, if you are homeless for the love of god keep away from other homeless people particularly in seedier areas. I basically broke a rule to not be around any unless it was at a neutral, very public place like a coffee shop or fastfood joint and it almost screwed me over. Anywhere else, avoid them and look for unclaimed turf. Many don't wander too far or only on specific roads so just get a bike u can maintain and go out a bit further than any of them to sleep and otherwise decentralize a little bit where you do things.

Last edited:

Riders

In dallas they have a bridge one or 2 specific places where they all live because they can put tints up or they are protected from the elements . Have you thought about finding a homeless shelter?

Kapalika

Premium Member
In dallas they have a bridge one or 2 specific places where they all live because they can put tints up or they are protected from the elements . Have you thought about finding a homeless shelter?

To get in I have to sacrifice a good chunk of my day which isn't conductive to hunting for jobs or staying connected to a non-homeless social life.

Also, of the two I'm aware of, only one takes women. People often don't realize this but shelters can be more dangerous than just staying smart about where you stay outside.

However, tonight I am staying at a friend's house, and earlier in the day another friend I hanged out with let me wash my clothes and shower at their place. First time in a week I've been able to sleep inside. Tomorrow I head back to my normal area.... maybe. I'm actually in a different town now.

Last edited: