• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy

frangipani

Premium Member
I was recently reading the Hypostasis of the Archons and sometimes my mind will chew over the whole book or maybe a passage but this time a word. The dictionary meaning for the word HOLY says associated with God or deity - devout or virtuous. But to me when I read that last section of this book. It feels to me the meaning of the word in this context is, The Father's truth is just, and the son presides over the entirety.
I feel the Holy should be Wholly as in complete, nothing lacking, which in this context from my point-of-view gives the passage a spiritual level of substance and clarity.
Any thoughts?

nazz

Doubting Thomas
I was recently reading the Hypostasis of the Archons and sometimes my mind will chew over the whole book or maybe a passage but this time a word. The dictionary meaning for the word HOLY says associated with God or deity - devout or virtuous. But to me when I read that last section of this book. It feels to me the meaning of the word in this context is, The Father's truth is just, and the son presides over the entirety.
I feel the Holy should be Wholly as in complete, nothing lacking, which in this context from my point-of-view gives the passage a spiritual level of substance and clarity.
Any thoughts?

Could you quote the passage?

ELoWolfe

The copies I see online say: "Then all the children of the light will be truly acquainted with the truth and their root, and the father of the entirety and the holy spirit. They will all say with a single voice, 'The father's truth is just, and the son presides over the entirety', and from everyone unto the ages of ages, 'Holy - holy - holy! Amen!'"

Unless you mean the 'Holy - holy - holy!'

frangipani

Premium Member
The copies I see online say: "Then all the children of the light will be truly acquainted with the truth and their root, and the father of the entirety and the holy spirit. They will all say with a single voice, 'The father's truth is just, and the son presides over the entirety', and from everyone unto the ages of ages, 'Holy - holy - holy! Amen!'"

Yes, that's correct.