• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

holy spirit

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Ok that's fine, Abraham pbuh traces his lineage back to Adam and Eve pbut, the first humans of our age. What evidence have you to support God is duel gender?

we have a lot to learn;

Say: "If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Lord, even if we added another ocean like it, for its aid.

God is no more a he than a she. He and she are both as unified. God created everything in her image. Not apart from his likeness but as a reflection. that doesn't separate God from her creation. that connects the created to the Creator.

genesis 1

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image; in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky; over the livestock and all the wild animals and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” 27 So God created in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

we can learn a lot from zoroastrianism, judaism, islam, buddhism, hinduism, shinto, jain, sufi, pantheist, panpsychist, christian, yazidi, et al......

Last edited:

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
genesis 1

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image; in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky; over the livestock and all the wild animals and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

That just means they were given intellect, the ability to think and decide using free will, to either behave like the animal kingdom or strive to be like God in spirit.

Video is about refuting Trinitarians, but please do watch from 8 min:30 sec and learn something too

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That just means they were given intellect, the ability to think and decide using free will, to either behave like the animal kingdom or strive to be like God in spirit.

Video is about refuting Trinitarians, but please do watch from 8 min:30 sec and learn something too

i've studied hermes trismegistus and buddhism enough to understand the three parts of a unified whole. if even one disagree with the other then the Almighty doesn't exist. you believe the almighty doesn't have a spirit, or vitality? the almighty doesn't have a consciousness? the almighty doesn't have a body?

actions have material effects.

in the story of genesis we have three things God, spirit, waters. these three things were uncreated, unformed. they do not have a cause.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

the video was boring

Sayyid Ahmed Amiruddin has pointed out that Hermes Trismegistus has a major place in Islamic tradition. He writes, "Hermes Trismegistus is mentioned in the Quran in verse 19:56-57:'Mention, in the Book, Idris, that he was truthful, a prophet. We took him up to a high place'".

The Kybalion

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
is the holy spirit male? female? or neither?

In Greek grammar rules it is proper to use the masculine gender even for a neuter.
Even in English we properly say ' she ' about a car or a ship although the car and ship are always: neuter.
According to Numbers 11:17; Numbers 11:25 God's spirit is neuter. Neuter as the word "it".
KJV changed the neuter word "itself" to "himself" at Romans 8:16; Romans 8:26.
That does Not change God's spirit to be a person but it still remains as a neuter it or itself.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Spirit is spirit. It's not a biological entity. The spirit of "holiness" is the spirit of love, forgiveness, kindness, and generosity, within each of us. It's not an 'invisible being' with a sexual personality.

Your ^ above ^ post reminds me of things like ' school spirit ' which is Not a person but like a pep rally which is designed to create school spirit. We can also think of a high-spirited horse as having a lot of energy.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Actually, I meant in the koran
I gave the answer, many times in the Qur'an and a quick search will show verses containing, I am with you, I am merciful etc etc

It is a name of God. God has more than one name. I'm not sure where people /many of them christians, got the idea that Elohim is not a name of God, however much of scripture, would not even make sense, if it weren't. Consider Genesis, do you think that it was written with the intention of meaning 'some deity'? 'Some god'? Of course not.
As the Jewish Encyclopedia showed Elohim in the singular is Eloah.

Listen to how it sounds:

The Aramaic Name for God - Elah

Elah << Hebrew
AaLah << Aramaic
Allah <<< Arabic

You have a situation, where, assuming Allah is from Elah, //assuming that/, then the inference is still unclear, as to which 'god' is being referred to. In the OT/Tanach, we already know "which"god is being referred to, so it is contextual. Without knowing that the deity being referred to is Elohim, JHVH, it is only from other sources, by which to determine this.
Obviously there's only ONE Almighty Creator of everything. when a Jew or Muslim talks about The God, we all know who they are talking about. Elah/Allah

You have to consider that Allah isn't Elah, as well. The name of deity is important; any variation, and different deity has to considered.
I've already shown they're the same. You know that Jews are very careful where they can pray. They would never offer prayers in a Temple dedicated to false Gods.

One of the Greatest Scholars of Judaism, the respected Rabbi Moses ben Maimonides said about Islam:

"Regarding entering a mosque, the Rambam explains in one of his responses that Ishmaelites are not considered idol-worshippers since they believe in Hashem, blessed is He, and there is no denial of Hashem in their religion or anything else that should cause them to be considered idol-worshippers."

Another great Scholar Ovadia Yosef, whose funeral was attended by the largest funeral congregation in Jewish History 2013, used Rambam's ruling to allow Jews to pray in Mosques:

Is a Jew Permitted to Enter a Mosque or Church in a Case of Great Need? : Daily Halacha Based on the Rulings of Maran Rabbeinu Ovadia Yosef zt"l

The bottom line is Jews and Muslims worship ALLAH swt alone, without ANY partners.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
genesis 1
26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image; in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky; over the livestock and all the wild animals and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” 27 So God created in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

God was speaking to his firstborn in the heavens as mentioned at Colossians 1:15, who was the pre-human heavenly Jesus before God sent him to Earth. Jesus being the beginning of the creation by God according to Revelation 3:14 B.
God's image, God's likeness, in a spiritual sense is being able to have and display to varying degrees God's main spiritual qualities or attributes of: love, justice, wisdom and mercy.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
God was speaking to his firstborn in the heavens as mentioned at Colossians 1:15, who was the pre-human heavenly Jesus before God sent him to Earth. Jesus being the beginning of the creation by God according to Revelation 3:14 B.
God's image, God's likeness, in a spiritual sense is being able to have and display to varying degrees God's main spiritual qualities or attributes of: love, justice, wisdom and mercy.

everything in heaven and earth was created by god.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
everything in heaven and earth was created by god.

I agree, as Revelation 4:11 uses Creator in the singular.
Genesis 1:26 does Not use the word create but uses the word 'make'. Let us ' make '.......
So, the 'us' was God talking to His first heavenly Son of Colossians 1:15; Revelation 1:5; Revelation 3:14.
Creator God's first born in the heavens was used by Creator God to ' make ' (form/fashion) things.- Proverbs 8:22-31.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
However, neither Elohim (God) or Adhonai (Sovereign Lord) are the Tetragrammaton - YHWH.
YHWH are the four Hebrew letters which stand for God's personal name represented by the Tetragrammaton.
They are just letters as we've been discussing. You don't pray to God and say Please 'Yod He Vav He' hear this prayer :/

Are you a Christian or a Jew?

PureX

Veteran Member
Your ^ above ^ post reminds me of things like ' school spirit ' which is Not a person but like a pep rally which is designed to create school spirit. We can also think of a high-spirited horse as having a lot of energy.
Yes. Or the spirit of joy at a wedding, or the spirit of sadness at a funeral. A state of being, not an 'invisible intity'.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I agree, as Revelation 4:11 uses Creator in the singular.
Genesis 1:26 does Not use the word create but uses the word 'make'. Let us ' make '.......
So, the 'us' was God talking to His first heavenly Son of Colossians 1:15; Revelation 1:5; Revelation 3:14.
Creator God's first born in the heavens was used by Creator God to ' make ' (form/fashion) things.- Proverbs 8:22-31.

sons of god, the angels; if you will.

the first born is not the other, or all born. you are all gods.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
is the holy spirit male? female? or neither?
I think the better question is Spirit masculine, feminine, or neuter. Male and female have to do with sex organs. Males have both masculine and feminine traits across a spectrum. Females have both masculine and feminine traits across the same spectrum. The actual question, and the actual answer is this, how do you experience God, or Spirit, or the Ineffable? When you experience Spirit, does it have masculine, feminine, both, or neither qualities?

The reason that is the question and the answer is because we attribute qualities to the ineffable which are responses of our minds to transcendent experiences. Sometimes, it impresses us as strength and power (masculine qualities), sometimes it is experienced as gentleness and grace (feminine qualities), sometimes it is both, giving and receiving, sometimes neither; a shimmering pond on a moonlit night. The question is not about what that Transcendent is as something separate from us, it's about what we attribute to that using those terms based upon how we experience it. The answer is us, ourselves. Spirit is a mirror we see and understand ourselves through, is one way to look at it.