• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy Moses.

River Sea

Scroll to the middle. Look for this:

94060_98f68c937aca99c3ee9feecd08fb286a.jpg

Very Important: It's a vessel. Not a being. It's one of ten emanations.

@dybmh very informational, about the Shechinah Divine Presence (The Highest Light)

I think I can relate to this because a few times I've seen the light in people radiate outward, so perhaps that's the emanation of Shechinah that I witness that lives in all of us. I believe that the light emanating from Shechinah can nourish our spirits. What do you think?

Check this out I found this while bing search

Shechinah
Resting-place
Shechinah Chaldee word meaning resting-place, not found in Scripture, but used by the later Jews to designate the visible symbol of God's presence in the tabernacle, and afterwards in Solomon's temple. When the Lord led Israel out of Egypt, he went before them "in a pillar of a cloud."

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I think I can relate to this because a few times I've seen the light in people radiate outward, so perhaps that's the emanation of Shechinah that I witness that lives in all of us. I believe that the light emanating from Shechinah can nourish our spirits. What do you think?
Judaism would assert that it's not the shechina that is nourishing. It would be the divinity from God that is brought to the material world through the vessel of the shechina.

It's a beautiful thing to see light in people. Though, I wouldn't judge good or bad based on it.

John D. Brey

Shechinah
Resting-place
Shechinah Chaldee word meaning resting-place, not found in Scripture, but used by the later Jews to designate the visible symbol of God's presence in the tabernacle, and afterwards in Solomon's temple. When the Lord led Israel out of Egypt, he went before them "in a pillar of a cloud."

In Hebrew conceptualism a name represents the essence (shall we say Presence) of its possessor. Ergo three scripture verses link your comment to the gist of this thread:

24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all these places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.

Exodus 20:24.​

The very next time the Shekinah or place of dwelling of the Presence is noted is Exodus 23:21:

20 Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. 21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

Exodus 23:21.​

And the third scripture ties the previous two together for the reader circumcised of heart:

Alternatively, so great is the mitzva of circumcision that it is equal to all the mitzvot of the Torah [to include Exodus 20:24], as it is stated at the giving of the Torah: “For according to these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel” (Exodus 34:27), and “covenant” refers to circumcision.

Nedarim 32a:6.​

In these three seminal passages of scripture there's no shakan שכן or place of dwelling whereby there isn't blood on the place of dwelling itself (the altar), or on the hands of the dwelling place (Exodus 23:21). This makes the revelation of the Presence a bloody shame since that those who can't accept the bloody truth cast in a crimson light can't perceive the Presence of God.

John

Last edited:

River Sea

Judaism would assert that it's not the shechina that is nourishing. It would be the divinity from God that is brought to the material world through the vessel of the shechina.

It's a beautiful thing to see light in people. Though, I wouldn't judge good or bad based on it.

@dybmh Let's see if I understand you correctly.

• Okay, so the light I saw in people radiates outward, and the light in me nourishing my spirit; that light is divinity from God brought through the vessel of the shechina to my spirit, which then affects my body material.
  • Personally, I experienced this and made assumptions, such as that light is God and lives in all of us, as if light were a being who lives in all of us with whom I have a relationship; light allowed me to continue with my assumptions.
  • Recently, I learned the phrase, "God coming down to our level." I think God allowed my assumptions, this was God coming down to my level of comprehension
  • However even though vessel, I still feel God in me as a relationship, as well, so this vessel is very much as if I'm one with God, as if there's no vessel.
  • I understand you as you explain more detail, explaining vessel shechina.

Last edited: