• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy ghost or holy spirit?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Merlin said:
For a Moslem, you seem to spend an awful lot of time studying the Bible. does your mosque know?
nope .. just this is what my finace taught me because i was discussing with her about it sometimes.:cool:

and for Muslism we don't have special Mosques we releate too as you do with churches but we just pray in any mosque in our way when the time of prayer comes.

The concept of releating to a Mosque as Christian to a church dosn't exist in Islam.:)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Merlin said:
I do find that many of these threads eventually evolve down to the minute interpretation of insignificant things.
You seem well named, for only the most remarkable wizardry - or an equally remarkable arrogance - would enably someone to inform others what is and what is not significant to them.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Scott1 said:
It is quite important to me.

If none of this matters to you, feel free to move on to another forum... we tend to talk about religion a lot here at Religious Forums.
What the ??? :eek:

napen

hello, please read the

acts 1:16 "and said, "Brothers, the Scripture had to be fulfilled which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through the mouth of David concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus—"

and

acts 4:25 "You spoke by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of your servant, our father David:
" 'Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?"

so if you would know, what was the Holy Spirit that was spoken through the mouth of David? Let us ask David...

2 Samuel 23:1-2 "These are the last words of David:
"The oracle of David son of Jesse,
the oracle of the man exalted by the Most High,
the man anointed by the God of Jacob,
Israel's singer of songs:
""The Spirit of the LORD spoke through me;
his word was on my tongue."

it would follow that the Holy Spirit is the Word of God, not a divine entity as the third person of the trinity. It is simply God's Word. If you will make or consider the Word of God as another form of God, then maybe that is considered by God as blasphemy. since there is only one God, so who should we give praise, God, no more no less.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Terrywoodenpic said:
I would read that differently (I usually Do)
I think Jesus is saying that while I am here you do not need the services of the comforter, But when I am gone be assured he will be with you.
He was reassuring them and reminding them, that the comfortor (Holy spirit ) is always with them.

This is a simpler explanation, with out the need of supposing that the infinite Holy spirit ever needs to be sent anywhere, as he is everywhere all the time.

Terry______________________
Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.
That makes perfect sense to me. :)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
napen said:
hello, please read the

acts 1:16 "and said, "Brothers, the Scripture had to be fulfilled which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through the mouth of David concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus—"

and

acts 4:25 "You spoke by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of your servant, our father David:
" 'Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?"

so if you would know, what was the Holy Spirit that was spoken through the mouth of David? Let us ask David...

2 Samuel 23:1-2 "These are the last words of David:
"The oracle of David son of Jesse,
the oracle of the man exalted by the Most High,
the man anointed by the God of Jacob,
Israel's singer of songs:
""The Spirit of the LORD spoke through me;
his word was on my tongue."

it would follow that the Holy Spirit is the Word of God, not a divine entity as the third person of the trinity. It is simply God's Word. If you will make or consider the Word of God as another form of God, then maybe that is considered by God as blasphemy. since there is only one God, so who should we give praise, God, no more no less.
I agree with you and i can give you even more verses that prove the existance of the holy spirit even before Jesus (PBUH) was born but the problem is, Why did Jesus call himself a "hoyl spirit" or “Paraclete”?

I noticed that when i bring some verses so the reply i get from my christian brothers and sisters is other verses that contradict maybe with the verses i have but the only thing i wanted is to examine and some explinations about the verses i have not other verse which contradict (if it does) with the one i have.

I hope that you can help me with some explinations for what i have not by producing other verses.:help:

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Scott1 said:
I love it when Muslims try to teach me how to be a Christian... try again, my friend.
Scott1, i see that you hate Muslims for no reason and i don't know why actually once i discuss somthing you come here and say .. OOh muslims .. muslims .. muslims..

What is wrong with you for the sake of God?? :banghead3

I'm a member of RF and i'm discussing a topic so just say your opnion about the topic or just keep silent and watch instead of critcisng me and Muslims.:(

Merlin

The Truth said:
nope .. just this is what my finace taught me because i was discussing with her about it sometimes.:cool:

and for Muslism we don't have special Mosques we releate too as you do with churches but we just pray in any mosque in our way when the time of prayer comes.

The concept of releating to a Mosque as Christian to a church dosn't exist in Islam.:)
Are you a Sunni Muslim or a Shi'ite? Would it matter if the mosque was the other kind?

Merlin

The Truth said:
Scott1, i see that you hate Muslims for no reason and i don't know why actually once i discuss somthing you come here and say .. OOh muslims .. muslims .. muslims..

that the
There is hate on both sides, I am sorry to say. None of it I hope on this forum.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The Truth said:
Scott1 said:
I love it when Muslims try to teach me how to be a Christian... try again, my friend.
You need to work on your reading skills.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Merlin said:
Are you a Sunni Muslim or a Shi'ite? Would it matter if the mosque was the other kind?
It doesn't matter whether to releate to a mosque or not but we don't have specific groups releating to a specific mosques according to dogmas and sects.

napen

The Truth said:
I agree with you and i can give you even more verses that prove the existance of the holy spirit even before Jesus (PBUH) was born but the problem is, Why did Jesus call himself a "hoyl spirit" or “Paraclete”?

I noticed that when i bring some verses so the reply i get from my christian brothers and sisters is other verses that contradict maybe with the verses i have but the only thing i wanted is to examine and some explinations about the verses i have not other verse which contradict (if it does) with the one i have.

I hope that you can help me with some explinations for what i have not by producing other verses.:help:
Please if you want really to know more about the holy spirit ang about the true Jesus, visit this site www.thename.ph, it made me change my life and now i am focusing all my thoughts on God. I still have to meet these guys at the website...

Merlin

The Truth said:
It doesn't matter whether to releate to a mosque or not but we don't have specific groups releating to a specific mosques according to dogmas and sects.
I assume you are one of those sects or another. And certainly mosques are run by preachers of one sect or the other. Why did you not tell us which group you belonged to? It is a perfectly reasonable thing to answer.

If you say there is no difference and no rivalry, maybe you should go to Iraq and teach them that. People are killing each other because they happen to be of the wrong sect. You will find that Islam has all the same problems caused by human frailty as the rest of the religions in the world.

Merlin

The Truth said:

Does this mean you intend to marry outside your faith?

Merlin

Jayhawker Soule said:
You seem well named, for only the most remarkable wizardry - or an equally remarkable arrogance - would enably someone to inform others what is and what is not significant to them.
So does that mean I cannot express my opinion?

However, it is one of my contentions that humankind reduce God (in their minds) to a really insignificant being, who cares about this semantic trivia. Maybe if we spent less time trying to prove that our tiny difference in translation or interpretation is correct, and more time trying to achieve God's purpose for us we would be better off.

The replies to this will tell me that they are achieving God's purpose by getting people to be baptised here or there and say the correct forms of words. I cannot believe any God would create a world with those things as the main objectives for humankind.

Why don't we look for it together?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Merlin said:
So does that mean I cannot express my opinion?

However, it is one of my contentions that humankind reduce God (in their minds) to a really insignificant being, who cares about this semantic trivia. Maybe if we spent less time trying to prove that our tiny difference in translation or interpretation is correct, and more time trying to achieve God's purpose for us we would be better off.

The replies to this will tell me that they are achieving God's purpose by getting people to be baptised here or there and say the correct forms of words. I cannot believe any God would create a world with those things as the main objectives for humankind.

Why don't we look for it together?

I agree with you, actually, (at the risk of opening myself up to being put down by Jay:D )
having answered this by telling you to look at my previous post, I find myself yet once again referring to a post on another topic, which, amusingly covers this one as well - (talk about killing two birds with one stone!)

ah! Found it!

"I suppose this is the biggest 'gap' between science and Faith - the fact that if you are going to steadfastly stick (ouch I have split an infinitive) to science alone, there is still a nebulous and unexplained 'Very beginning'.

We who have faith need not worry about who created God, because we believe he has always been there. I can see that from both sides - a source of annoyance to the atheist (because we accept something that cannot be proved nor imagined), whereas Science needs to know the full equation.

I wonder if that is why there often seems to be a hint of 'bitterness' in the way the atheist (and certainly not all of them) views the believer in a God.;)"

(I think the above gives a plausible explanation for the devide between the atheist and the -say- Christian)

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
The Truth said:
But Christ did not call Himself a Holy Spirit. Paraclete means comforter as even you noted in an earlier post. Are you trying to suggest that because one of the Holy Spirit's titles is The Paraclete that there can never be any other person called the or a comforter in the whole history of the world? That's ridiculous.

The Truth said:
Therefore, as we just have seen that Jesus was a comforter. So, he will send another comforter as he said.

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you Another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.

(HOLY BIBLE) John 14: 16

Nevertheless, the new comforter supposed to be a prophet or god?
The above quote (from the post where you noted that Paraclete means Comforter) seems to me to cause you more problems than it causes for Christians. If the other is, as we believe, the Holy Spirit, then it is not hard to see how this is fulfilled because He is indeed with us always and everywhere. If, on the other hand, we were to assume the other was Mohammed (or any other prophet) then it would be hard to see how it could ever be fulfilled. How could any man ever abide with us for ever? Or are you trying to say that Mohammed is still alive and here with us and knocking on for 1500 years old?

James

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Merlin said:
I assume you are one of those sects or another. And certainly mosques are run by preachers of one sect or the other. Why did you not tell us which group you belonged to? It is a perfectly reasonable thing to answer.

If you say there is no difference and no rivalry, maybe you should go to Iraq and teach them that. People are killing each other because they happen to be of the wrong sect. You will find that Islam has all the same problems caused by human frailty as the rest of the religions in the world.
I agree with you and even those people are not aware of Quran but just following what thier parents or thier sects wanted for them to be and they are just like unreligious christians in christianity.

They just remember islam when they get married or when the month of fasting comes "this month" .. etc.

I remind you that Prophet Moahmmed (PBUH) told us that, there will be 70 somthing sects in islam and it does not releat to the true Islam because they will twist the Quran and the teaching of Islam. He did also mentioned how many sects in jewdism and christianity too and it's 70 somthing for each.

Therefore, I don't believe in these sects and i hope that they will go back to thier mind and i just follow the teaching of Allah and the Sunnah (teaching and actions) of Prophet Moahmmed (PBUH).

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Merlin said:
Does this mean you intend to marry outside your faith?
So what !!!! :confused:

In Islam we can marry from the "people of the book". So, that means, i can get married with any girl whether she was a Muslim, Jew or Christian.