• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy conflict of interest, Batman!

whirlingmerc

Which candidate is less likely to look the other way for bad behavior? And which candidate has the least bad record of accepting money for access?

By the way, even Obama's top cop's wife rented property to a lucrative abortionist who was charged with medicare fraud. Now that takes hutzpah... breaking the law while funneling money benefitting the attorney general who didn't admit the conflict of interest for about 4 years.... tsk tsk tsk..
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/11/09/eric-holder-failed-to-disclose-wifes-abortion-clinic/
and headed to prison
http://www.lifenews.com/2014/03/24/...-co-owns-headed-to-prison-for-medicaid-fraud/

Problem is Holder had superficial cases against pro life people which were thrown out of court on the basis of their weakness while he was in conflict of interest. Obama, hardly acting as president of all.

And no reason to think Hillary would be better... so... problems he has but Trump is the lesser of two evils

pondsbb

Yes but now other GOP has cut Trump off from their money. They have said it will be used down the ticket but none for Trump. Wonder how that will play out.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
By the way, even Obama's top cop's wife rented property to a lucrative abortionist who was charged with medicare fraud.
I don't think that this comes close to the Florida governor pressing for legislation that would require drug testing of government benefits recipients, while buying up the stock in the largest supplier of such tests in the state.
This sort of crap isn't new.
Tom

whirlingmerc

I'm thinking that the foreign donors who paid for access by donating to the Clinton Foundation and were helped along by the State Dept is problematic for Hillary

Am I wrong?

Hillary's brother gets awarded one of the only two gold mining permits given out in the last 50 years in Haiti? Impoverished Haiti?
http://hotair.com/archives/2015/04/24/video-pay-for-play-at-clinton-foundation-for-haiti-relief/

The whole Clinton foundation is problematic
https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/paying-access-clinton-ok-says-donna-brazile/

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I'm thinking that the foreign donors who paid for access by donating to the Clinton Foundation and were helped along by the State Dept is problematic for Hillary

Am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong.
Like the other Clinton scandals, it's been investigated to death. Nobody could find evidence that such donations resulted in any advantage to the donors.

This is in stark contrast to Trumps many problems that generally aren't much investigated because he is a private citizen and has no record of public service. So he can hide the evidence and lie about anything he wants to, legally.
Tom

Sapiens

Polymathematician
The accusations being made against Hillary Clinton are best viewed as an arsonist running about yelling "Fire!" All the accusations have been more than thoroughly investigated and none have come up with sufficient findings to even warrant consideration of charges. Is it not the standard in the USA someone is innocent unless proven guilty? She has not even been charged.

Trump is under investigation for tax fraud, that's what an audit is. I've yet to actually hear anyone accuse him of that, all that's been said is that it appears he avoided paying any Federal taxes, and he could squelch those accusations by doing the same thing every other candidate has done ... make his returns public.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Did the OP type that with a straight face??? It's so convoluted, even for a Republican.

whirlingmerc

"... All the accusations have been more than thoroughly investigated..." Sorry, no.... not even close...

And when Hillary was first lady she had many other issued never really investigated, one of which being mishandling of over 1000 FBI files... ironic.. huh?

As far as innocent until proven guilty beyond 'special snowflake protections'? , that is not exactly the issue regarding trust and being elected, Hillary needs to earn trust and has not. Smiling into the camera and laughing when her terminological inexactitudes are called into account are problematic.