• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy Batman actor!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I’m not sure if this should go in movies, but whatever.

Who is your all time favourite Batman actor to don the cowl?
Which version is your favourite iteration?
And who is your dream cast for your own personal Batman movie/TV series?

(By the way you can include any Batman character/s you like, if you feel so inclined.)

My all time favourite Batman will always be Kevin Conroy, who voices Batman in the 90s animated series, some Arkham games and I think is still doing VO work for the current “Bruce Tim universe” in the direct to DVD DCAU. (The recent Reign of the Supermen was freaking awesome, btw.)
I also really like Micheal Caine as Alfred, just because of his accent lol

Favourite Joker has to be Mark Hamil. Whilst I have no complaints of Ledger’s performance, he did seem more like Anarky than the Joker. But whatever, consolidations in movie adaptions and all.
Special shout out to the 60s version for being unabashedly cheesy. And the Tim Burton movie for introducing me to my favourite comic hero of all time.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

(By the way you can include any Batman character/s you like, if you feel so inclined.)

My all time favourite Batman will always be Kevin Conroy, who voices Batman in the 90s animated series, some Arkham games and I think is still doing VO work for the current “Bruce Tim universe” in the direct to DVD DCAU. (The recent Reign of the Supermen was freaking awesome, btw.)

Favourite Joker has to be Mark Hamil. Whilst I have no complaints of Ledger’s performance, he did seem more like Anarky than the Joker. But whatever, consolidations in movie adaptions and all.
Special shout out to the 60s version for being unabashedly cheesy. And the Tim Burton movie for introducing me to my favourite comic hero of all time.

My favourite Batman actor is Christian Bale.

I think that the Dark Knight trilogy and Batman the animated series was pretty much perfect.

I would combine Heath Ledgers acting with Mark Hamill's iconic voice. I would make a Batman movie which is s down to earth as the Dark Knight trilogy but with the horror feel of the Arkham Asylum comicbook.

Obsydian

Well-Used Member

I love Kevin and Mark as Batman and Joker, too. Too bad they they're too old and don't have the ideal physique to portray them in a live action movie.

While a car and not an actor, I just have to say the 1966 Batmobile blows all the others away.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

All the Batman's have there good points, I think I am drawn to the character but that being said, Dark Knight is the top shelf Batman and Heath Ledger the best Joker.

The cartoon's are good but are limited, I don't dislike Mark Hamil. I also like old Batman from the cartoon movie. I loved campy batman from my youth. Dark Knight and only Dark knight did they get Batman and the Joker right and I doubt it will ever be duplicated. Bat man Begins and The Dark Knight rises of the same series couldn't duplicate it in my opinion.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
All the Batman's have there good points, I think I am drawn to the character but that being said, Dark Knight is the top shelf Batman and Heath Ledger the best Joker.

The cartoon's are good but are limited, I don't dislike Mark Hamil. I also like old Batman from the cartoon movie. I loved campy batman from my youth. Dark Knight and only Dark knight did they get Batman and the Joker right and I doubt it will ever be duplicated. Bat man Begins and The Dark Knight rises of the same series couldn't duplicate it in my opinion.

Even though the Batman animated cartoon series was limited it was highly influential. It gave deep origin stories for certain characters and was the debut of Harley Quinn. Also the way they drew the art on Black paper was innovative and gave the show a dark feel. I would rate that as possibly more influential than the rest, even the Dark Knight series.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member

To be fair, the cartoons are usually rated G - PG, with the exception of the Killing Joke. And yes, they have many limitations, time and budget being the main ones. But IMO they’re doing better than the live action DC universe at the moment. Which somewhat pains me as a hardcore DC fan, desperate to sing their praises. Le sigh.

I love the Dark Knight trilogy. Nothing but praise from me, trust me. But I feel like Christian Bale is a bit too much like a yuppie. I don’t think Joker should have a philosophical motivation. He’s bat**** insane who does things because he finds it amusing. And to attract the attention of his BAE Batman. But I get that that wouldn’t fit in with Nolan’s deconstruction take, so fine.
Though I do appreciate that the movie does at least show us Batman is a good detective. Something integral to the character (given he’s supposed to be the worlds greatest detective and you know Detective Comics and all.)
What do you think of “Batfleck?”
And indeed, what are your thoughts for the upcoming Joker movie with Jaquin Phoenix (sp?)

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I love Kevin and Mark as Batman and Joker, too. Too bad they they're too old and don't have the ideal physique to portray them in a live action movie.

While a car and not an actor, I just have to say the 1966 Batmobile blows all the others away.
I do actually really like the 66 Batmobile, admittedly.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
To fans of the Adam West Era, here’s a bonus question.
What do you think of the movies The Return of the Caped Crusaders and Batman Vs Twoface?
(They’re direct to DVD animated movies based on that particular iteration. They even have Adam West and Burt Ward reprising their roles.)

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I would combine Heath Ledgers acting with Mark Hamill's iconic voice. I would make a Batman movie which is s down to earth as the Dark Knight trilogy but with the horror feel of the Arkham Asylum comicbook.
Now there’s an intriguing thought.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
To fans of the Adam West Era, here’s a bonus question.
What do you think of the movies The Return of the Caped Crusaders and Batman Vs Twoface?
(They’re direct to DVD animated movies based on that particular iteration. They even have Adam West and Burt Ward reprising their roles.)

I haven't seen those movies, but if I come across them, I'll check them out.

I liked Batman as a kid, but I was probably more of a Superman fan when it came to comic book heroes. Although Batman had more colorful villains than Superman.

Obsydian

Well-Used Member
Well in my circle the 66 version of anything Batman related is respectfully scorned lol
Why is that?

Batman_Secondary.jpg