• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holland's 2006 Interview on PBS

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
The Mormons . Interviews . Jeffrey Holland | PBS

I hadn't read this before. I find it fascinating.
Excellent article! I don't think I'd ever read it either. One thing I was confused about, though was this statement (not a part of the article itself, but as part of the sidebar about Elder Holland)...

"Holland was ordained an apostle of the church in June of 1994 and became a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles later that year."

That makes no sense to me. Under what circumstances would someone we ordained an apostle and not become a member of the Quorum of the Twelve simultaneously?

Yep!

Excellent article! I don't think I'd ever read it either. One thing I was confused about, though was this statement (not a part of the article itself, but as part of the sidebar about Elder Holland)...

"Holland was ordained an apostle of the church in June of 1994 and became a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles later that year."

That makes no sense to me. Under what circumstances would someone we ordained an apostle and not become a member of the Quorum of the Twelve simultaneously?

I am not positive as to the instance of Elder Holland. However, Paul had similar circumstance and I am not positive that Paul was ever made a member of the Twelve.

Watchmen

Premium Member

Did you ever figure out the answer to this question?

Watchmen

Premium Member
Not only did I not figure out the answer to this question, but I can't even remember posting this! I am obviously getting old.
Ha! Well, it was four years ago! Perhaps he couldn't officially become a member of the Quorum until sustained by the general membership??? I know there are times a person is ordained an Elder, goes off in his mission, but isn't sustained until the following Stake Conference. Maybe it's something similar? Pure speculation in my part.