• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holidays are a tough time for some

We Never Know

No Slack
Holidays are a tough time for some.
Too many things we take for granted without a seconds thought about it.
Some don't have family to spend time with or might not have the idea situations for the holidays.

May everyone find some peace and joy during the holidays.

"Spend all your time waiting
For that second chance,
For a break that would make it okay.

There's always some reason
To feel not good enough,
And it's hard, at the end of the day.

I need some distraction,
Oh, beautiful release.
Memories seep from my veins.

And maybe empty,
Oh, and weightless, and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight.

In the arms of the angel,
Fly away from here,
From this dark, cold hotel room,
And the endlessness that you fear.
You are pulled from the wreckage,
Of your silent reverie.
You're in the arms of the angel,
May you find some comfort here.

So tired of the straight line,
And everywhere you turn,
There's vultures and thieves at your back.

The storm keeps on twisting.
Keep on building the lies
That you make up for all that you lack.

It don't make no difference,
Escape one last time.
It's easier to believe in this sweet madness,
Oh, this glorious sadness,
That brings me to my knees.

In the arms of the angel,
Fly away from here,
From this dark, cold hotel room,
And the endlessness that you fear.
You are pulled from the wreckage,
Of your silent reverie.
May you find some comfort here.

May you find some comfort here."

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Some don't have family to spend time with or might not have the idea situations for the holidays.
As I said on another thread, I don't think people should 'assume' that everyone has a family to spend the holidays with.
I have no family left and now that my late husband is gone I will be all alone for the first time in 37 years.
I'd rather be dead than alive, but I will deal with it somehow, just me and the cats, and at least I have the good people on this forum.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We cannot go. We have to bring our grandson home after school when his father and mother have gone for their jobs. During holidays, my son and family will go, but we will be stuck with the house. (We can't leave the house unattended for days in Delhi).

Alien826

No religious beliefs

A kind thought, but please, before asking people to join you for a Holiday gathering, consider if they want to be included.

A few years ago, my significant other was away for Christmas. I can't now remember why. Some dear friends decided that I shouldn't be alone at Christmas (how horrible!) and invited me to join them and their family. I was torn between telling them that I hated Christmas and had been looking forward to not having to participate in it, and attending anyway so I didn't offend them by refusing. Stupidly, I agreed to go, and sadly gave up the quiet Christmas free day (no Christmas programs on TV, no Jingle Bells) I had been planning.

It was a cold day and the roads were icy. On the way to their house, despite my careful driving, I hit a patch of ice and slid into the back of another car at a traffic light, resulting in damage that came close to writing off my car. It remained drive-able, and I continued on to the gathering, thus suffering a nasty accident (no injuries, thankfully), enduring the Christmas gathering, missing out on my quiet day, and all the inconvenience of getting the car fixed. All because I didn't have the courage to be honest with my friends.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
As I said on another thread, I don't think people should 'assume' that everyone has a family to spend the holidays with.
I have no family left and now that my late husband is gone I will be all alone for the first time in 37 years.
I'd rather be dead than alive, but I will deal with it somehow, just me and the cats, and at least I have the good people on this forum.

I'm sending a long distance hug to you, my friend. My inbox is always open if you need to talk.