• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holiday Cheer

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I think human touch is a powerful thing. Like when someone grips your shoulder and says "I've been thinking about you." Even online when you get that mental image that if they were with you right now, that they would do that. I know there are people in the world struggling with mental illness. But I kind of see society as a whole right now, not everyone in it just as an overall, as suffering a form of illness too. We put up walls and boundaries and get encouraged by people with political agendas to do so, even against friends and family. We lose ourselves in trying to say "I am me, I stand alone." when we just seem to be more of a social species - I don't think we have evolved yet to not need others, and if we do, well I'm not sure what such a picture would look like. I think the best thing that can ever happen to me, is when I realize I can't give myself salvation and conquer all on my own - God has his place. Traditional values are a lost art, I want to put down my smartphone for a couple hours each year and sing songs with family. Now if I want anything to evolve here, to evolve better, it's my concept of family to be in a broader sense. I guess I'll just have to spell out what I mean - some day I want to start a family. Whether that family involves kids, I don't know. But if I may be so blunt, if Estro Felino turns out to be the woman for me, well, I want to spend time decorating a tree and reading Bible stories with her during the holidays, rather than be out in the world causing war and chaos trying to protest what's happening in politics and world affairs. Maybe the best way of protesting is just starting with ourselves and letting kindness eventually reach the world, rather than trying to fix fear with fear and uncertainty. So, if Estro ever becomes a part of my family, I would hope she likes non alcoholic eggnog and vanilla Christmas cookies with sprinkles - I'm ready to live the life I didn't get to have :). Any of RF with me in bringing traditional values, human touch over dogma, back into the world?

I want to even make digital Christmas cards for as many RF members that I can. Work hard and make them myself. Including for @dybmh. If I had the time, and I'm not sure if I do to go this far, maybe even one for each staff member.

@Estro Felino