• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hobbies that will improve your life!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings all!

I was just browsing this morning and found this list of hobbies. Some may surprise you.

Everyone needs a hobby, as the old saying goes. Hobbies help develop our tastes and our passions in life – they can be as diverse as gardening, cooking, writing, skydiving, stand up comedy and sewing to name but a few.

However, very few hobbies are ever considered productive ones, unless you happen to belong to one of those rare few lucky people who manage to turn their hobby into a second job… or who manage to utilise the skills they built in their hobby in their work to become more productive, efficient, and happier.

So, if you’re looking to pick up a new hobby and develop some skills that will help you enhance your proficiency and productivity, then check out this list of productive hobbies you could consider picking up, and their benefits:

To read the list of 20 hobbies, click below -

20 Productive Hobbies That Will Make You Smarter and Happier

Enjoy your day!

:)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Ha! I knew playing video games is productive!!!!
Also I enjoy reading and daydreaming

Heyo

Veteran Member
Hobbies aren't supposed to be productive. If your hobby turned into a second job, you should get a hobby.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I like playing music, writing violent lyrics, writing morbid stories, drawing dark pictures, and cooking. Super hot foods (no joke on the heat, it makes lesser taste buds swear they were locked in tomb in the City of Dis) and ultra sour candies (again, mine are super charged), chocolate stuff, and some fun stuff. Many different things, really, but I find candies and deserts especially fun and awesome for creativity. Like making a penis cake for a friend's 18th birthday. :D

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hobbies aren't supposed to be productive. If your hobby turned into a second job, you should get a hobby.

Funny you should mention that word "productive" - I initially did a Google search for hobbies improve your life after reading an interesting article at some website or other.

I was also a bit skeptical at first but it reads like a good list of hobbies - many of which I already do - hadn't thought of calling meditation or daydreaming as hobbies :)

Anyway, that's about it - I was drawn to the list because it promises that these hobbies will make me so much happier :)

All the best!

Heyo

Veteran Member
Funny you should mention that word "productive" - I initially did a Google search for hobbies improve your life after reading an interesting article at some website or other.
and then said:

However, very few hobbies are ever considered productive ones, unless you happen to belong to one of those rare few lucky people who manage to turn their hobby into a second job
That's what motivated my comment.

Anyway, that's about it - I was drawn to the list because it promises that these hobbies will make me so much happier :)

That's what hobbies are for.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Another hobby of mine is playing Reversi against the computer - simple rules but a lot of playing time to become skilled at it. You can Google guide to playing reversi if you want a better idea.

Here is one that gives a good game - I win maybe 40 to 60 percent of the time which is ideal - too few wins and you will be depressed and too many wins would get a trifle boring.

Here is the site -

Reversi Online

I also love some of the old DOS games - long before windows 95 and all the subsequent versions of windows. May list a few - I think there are websites that allow you to play such games in a special box?

Some of the old dos strategy games were a good challenge for the brain and the fingers on the keyboard or mouse ...

Stay tuned ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Here's yet another list of fun-things-to-do ...

Pick Up A New Hobby

There are few things better than doing something you love. According to The Guardian, hobbies do make us happier. If there’s a hobby in which you are interested, pick it up today. Don’t worry if you’re good at it or if you can sustain it – get a starter kit and get going.

There’s something lovely about discovering a new passion, so embrace that chance. This doesn’t have to be a life-long love affair, but it will teach you something about yourself. Allowing yourself a new hobby is a great way to start feeling happy. Even if you don’t love your choice, you’ll still spend a day trying something new.

Also has - Play Around With An Old Hobby

41 Things That Make You Happy

Best wishes for your search!

Milton Platt

Greetings all!

I was just browsing this morning and found this list of hobbies. Some may surprise you.

Everyone needs a hobby, as the old saying goes. Hobbies help develop our tastes and our passions in life – they can be as diverse as gardening, cooking, writing, skydiving, stand up comedy and sewing to name but a few.

However, very few hobbies are ever considered productive ones, unless you happen to belong to one of those rare few lucky people who manage to turn their hobby into a second job… or who manage to utilise the skills they built in their hobby in their work to become more productive, efficient, and happier.

So, if you’re looking to pick up a new hobby and develop some skills that will help you enhance your proficiency and productivity, then check out this list of productive hobbies you could consider picking up, and their benefits:

To read the list of 20 hobbies, click below -

20 Productive Hobbies That Will Make You Smarter and Happier

Enjoy your day!

I cook and I garden,

Milton Platt

Do you grow things that you can then use in your recipes? It seems to taste a LOT better if you grew it yourself ...

Cheers!

Retired last year and now live on a nice piece of land that backs up to a lake. I have planted peach trees, plum trees, fig trees, bush cherries, pineapple guava, kiwi, apple trees, apricot trees, May Haw trees, PawPaw trees. will begin building and preparing raised beds this fall for planting veggies in the Spring.
Looking forward to harvesting and preserving fruit in about 3 to 4 years.
Should have lots of fresh vegetables next year, Hope to put in a long row of Asparagus, but those take about 3 years to first harvest.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Retired last year and now live on a nice piece of land that backs up to a lake. I have planted peach trees, plum trees, fig trees, bush cherries, pineapple guava, kiwi, apple trees, apricot trees, May Haw trees, PawPaw trees. will begin building and preparing raised beds this fall for planting veggies in the Spring.
Looking forward to harvesting and preserving fruit in about 3 to 4 years.
Should have lots of fresh vegetables next year, Hope to put in a long row of Asparagus, but those take about 3 years to first harvest.

Sounds like a fruitful (pardon the awful pun) retirement - should be enough to keep you healthy in mind & body.

Do you have any nuts? They are also good brain food :)

Thanks for sharing!

Milton Platt

Sounds like a fruitful (pardon the awful pun) retirement - should be enough to keep you healthy in mind & body.

Do you have any nuts? They are also good brain food :)

Thanks for sharing!
No nuts (besides myself). Contemplating almonds but they are difficult to manage in my climate zone