• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ho hum, another day, another mass shooting in the US.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Seriously? There's a massive shoot out, at least 6 officers injured, and you don't see a problem? :rolleyes:
Yes a massive shootout is a problem. Another problem is your politically charged rhetoric.

If you have a complaint i would rather hear that then some insincere, politicized insinuation. Yes, bad things do happen here. Why not put your opinion on the line?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
6 cops who were raiding a drug dealers house doesn't fall into the realm of a crazed mass shooter with an agenda.
Cool goal post shift.

You're the one always complaining "butwhatabout other gun crime...?" when such shootings are mentioned, now you want to complain that this isn't one? :rolleyes:

Kangaroo Feathers

I couldn't see what else I could read from your post...Sometimes, if you have something important to say, it's best to say it as clearly and as simply as possible.
But that would require making definite, distinct statements, which could later be shown to be wrong! Far better to endlessly hedge, obfuscate, dogwhistle and generally tapdance.

Curious George

Veteran Member
What "politically charged rhetoric"? I quoted a news article that cites pretty bare bones facts. You're projecting, hence I'm ignoring you.
Yes, under the title of "Ho hum, another day, another mass shooting in the U.S."

You don't see how that is politically charged? Let's take your lumping together of this with other "mass shootings." Let us theow in the glib "ho hum." Fonally let us note your use of the ambiguous but hot button word "mass shooting."

Yeah, it was politically charged rhetoric.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
But that would require making definite, distinct statements, which could later be shown to be wrong! Far better to endlessly hedge, obfuscate, dogwhistle and generally tapdance.

What was the point of your thread?
I was quite clear, criminals don't follow laws, the drug trade is a dirty business especially with narcotics and some are willing to try kill police officers.
So again I ask, and be honest-What was the point and intent of this thread?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yes, under the title of "Ho hum, another day, another mass shooting in the U.S."

You don't see how that is politically charged? Let's take your lumping together of this with other "mass shootings." Let us theow in the glib "ho hum." Fonally let us note your use of the ambiguous but hot button word "mass shooting."

Yeah, it was politically charged rhetoric.
I'm sorry reporting basic facts and reality seems unfairly political to you. Maybe if your own views on the subject weren't so at odds with reality, you wouldn't get your cognitive dissonance triggered and lash out at people reporting simple facts.

Kangaroo Feathers

What was the point of your thread?
I was quite clear, criminals don't follow laws, the drug trade is a dirty business especially with narcotics and some are willing to try kill police officers.
So again I ask, and be honest-What was the point and intent of this thread?
That there's been another mass shooting. It's right there in the title.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
It does when you figure that on average, you will be shot before you so much as injure one or two cops, let alone six.

Avgs and statistics don't play into real life scenarios. 6 cops have been shot so far, the area has been evacuated. This is not a crazed mass shooter with an ideological agenda. This is a drug raid gone bad.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Cool goal post shift.

You're the one always complaining "butwhatabout other gun crime...?" when such shootings are mentioned, now you want to complain that this isn't one? :rolleyes:

This is just that. It's a drug raid gone bad. Not a mass shooter with an ideological agenda. Not complaining because you brought it up, just that you miscategorized it.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I'm sorry reporting basic facts and reality seems unfairly political to you. Maybe if your own views on the subject weren't so at odds with reality, you wouldn't get your cognitive dissonance triggered and lash out at people reporting simple facts.
I have no problem with you reporting facts. It is the framework you are using to report them that I am calling insincere and politicized.

You can actually say something if you think you have a point.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Yeah, people in the drug business tend to do this. I fully support giving law enforcement the tools they need to combat the problem more effectively. These drug handlers probably got their weapons illegally as well. We should work to shut down the underground gun trade, which is already illegal and on the books as a criminal offense as it is.

Did you have any further point you wanted to make or did you just want to rub it in the face of Americans that we have a bigger problem with violent crime than other industrialized nations? Because we're fully aware of that, thank you kindly.

Stanyon

WWMRD?

That's it? Completely ignoring the fact that it apparently involved someone or a group of someones trafficking narcotics. Bikers in Nordic countries have used anti-tank weapons against each other, gang members have used military hand grenades in some, some prisoners in Mexican jails have gotten full auto machine guns.
What is your point? And don't tap dance.

Kangaroo Feathers

Did you have any further point you wanted to make or did you just want to rub it in the face of Americans that we have a bigger problem with violent crime than other industrialized nations? Because we're fully aware of that, thank you kindly.
I wonder what the variable could possibly be? Violent video games? No, other countries have those too without the gun violence, so can't be that. Lack of mandatory prayer in schools maybe? No, other countries don't have mandatory prayer in schools either, so it's not that. What could it possibly be? Truly a mystery:shrug: