• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hmmm God!

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Do you see God as the creator?
Strange as it may seem "I dont" I can picture Jesus, as we know he did walk the Earth.... But who is God?​
I dont pray to God, he seems to have very little influence in my life.
Other Christian Wiccan's what do you think?​

Fluffy

A fool
Its a really tricky one. I believe in an incomprehensible creator who we we can attempt to have a personal relationship with through the use of iconic deities. This is not to say that these deities aren't real, but they are merely aspects of a whole.

The God of the Bible is very difficult to identify with. I can't really comprehend him so, why not just speak to the Creator itself? I mean, if viewing the Creator through an aspect of it is supposed to allow greater comprehension, and God does not help in this, then what is the point?

I see the god as Jesus Christ for this very reason. He has meaning to me. Besides if he and God are one and the same, then viewing him as solely Jesus and ignoring the image associated with him as God is totally beneficial.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
I will pray to Jesus, but IMO nobody has ever seen God, many have seen Jesus though.
To me God is nothing more than a ora... a light. And something I cant get my head around.​
I do know the Lord is with me in my daily life..... Jesus seems more approachable, somebody you could have around for tea :D

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Francisco della hoya said:
God's like the other stuff we wish was true ...
It's just not easy to admit you won't be here after a little while ...
im sorry, im not understanding your point here :confused: