• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hive minds and the collective unconscious.

Chazzer

Bees, ants can function in unison for a common goal, the community.

If that signal between each organism breaks down , those busy little bees might become a bit aimless.

The consequence of our individuation might be the inability to tap into our collective unconscious. To realise our common goal.

Did our Queen Mum die? Or are we just not listening?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

If that signal between each organism breaks down , those busy little bees might become a bit aimless.

The consequence of our individuation might be the inability to tap into our collective unconscious. To realise our common goal.

A more natural explanation to me is that collective unconscious is an illusion.

Straw Dog

Many of us desire self-direction for healthy reasons directly dealing with the actualization of human nature.

In some ways, everyone shares common goals.
In some ways, everyone shares somewhat similar goals that also differ slightly.
In other ways, everyone has different goals.

Furthermore, I find the cultural consciousness to be a more useful construct than Jungian archetypes and collective unconscious.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Or maybe aimlessness is simply another aspect of a collective unconscious.

Ablaze

Buddham Saranam Gacchami
Swarm intelligence is an emergent property of its component parts. It is not based on tapping into some hidden collective unconscious, but rather the tendency to follow simple rules that can be consistently represented by algorithmic expressions.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

I'll go with 'we are just not listening'. The problem is we are focused on our own individual mind. Meditation and spiritual practice can help you get closer to the collective unconscious.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
In the distant past the primitive ancestors of humans. probably lived as herd animals, not much different to any other wild animal, may be with pack tendencies like wolves.

There are very few creature that have developed a hive instincts like bees, ants and termites.
Bees pass information in their actions and dances, while ants and termites seem to more influenced by pheromones. I doubt any creature can communicate through mind or consciousness.

Straw Dog

Herd conformity can easily lead the masses off a cliff anyway. Just because a goal is held in common doesn't make it rational. Individual deviation and agency can be beneficial, especially whenever it utilizes critical thinking leading to a more enlightening perspective.

apophenia

Primate bands work well in small groups. But the global increase in population and subsequent blurring of borders, and the artificial construction of 'nations', has left us deranged and confused.

Despite this, and all the signs of collective insanity leading to disaster on a huge scale, our capacity for delusion is still convincing us that we will be fine somehow.

Word up - we're screwed. And we are screwed precisely because our primate pack-bondng coding does not work on a global scale.

Oh well. Every species is vulnerable to something. We are vulnerable to this wetware problem. It is our undoing.

Straw Dog

Yeah, everybody has mental issues, except me of course. :D

Word up - we're screwed. And we are screwed precisely because our primate pack-bondng coding does not work on a global scale.

Oh well. Every species is vulnerable to something. We are vulnerable to this wetware problem. It is our undoing.

Fortunately, I'm not heavily invested in this particular human model. Why seek to eternally preserve that which can, and will, continue to transform?

Perhaps it's just the irrational optimist in me. :)

Starburst

We are all connected by a language that is called 'the holy language'. It works by math (the fibonacci sequence), frequency, conciousness, particle entangelment, and quantum mechanics.

9781615000364_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Last edited: