• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hitler's Alligator Dead At 84

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
RIP, dude.

Alligator rumored to have been Hitler's dies in Moscow
MOSCOW (AP) — An alligator that many people believe once belonged to Adolf Hitler has died in the Moscow Zoo.

The zoo said the alligator, named Saturn, was about 84 years old when died on Friday.

According to the zoo, Saturn was born in the United States and later sent to the Berlin Zoo, from which he escaped when the zoo was bombed in 1943. His whereabouts were unknown until 1946, when British soldiers found him and gave him to the Soviet Union, the zoo said.

“Almost immediately, the myth was born that he was allegedly in the collection of Hitler and not in the Berlin Zoo,” the zoo said in a statement.

Heyo

Veteran Member
RIP, dude.

MOSCOW (AP) — An alligator that many people believe once belonged to Adolf Hitler has died in the Moscow Zoo.

The zoo said the alligator, named Saturn, was about 84 years old when died on Friday.

According to the zoo, Saturn was born in the United States and later sent to the Berlin Zoo, from which he escaped when the zoo was bombed in 1943. His whereabouts were unknown until 1946, when British soldiers found him and gave him to the Soviet Union, the zoo said.

“Almost immediately, the myth was born that he was allegedly in the collection of Hitler and not in the Berlin Zoo,” the zoo said in a statement.
And no word whether he he died of Covid-19.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Hitler liked dogs also. Although the ones he liked are certainly dead as well.
Didn’t he try the cyanide tablet on his dog to see if it worked? I vaguely recall my history teacher sneering that he was “inconsolable” when Blondie died

Prim969

RIP, dude.

It’s always amazing finding such stories tucked away in the war era of so long ago. I’m sure if alligators could talk and not only smile than old Saturn would have a story or two to tell us all : ) . Though I do wonder how he lived and how many chickens and toes he must have nibbled along the way after his escape from the Berlin zoo from 1943 until 1946 ?

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
He had a wombat?
WTF gave him one of those??? Damn Australians...

It was given as a gift by Wurati, an Aboriginal Tasmanian nation elder, during a visit to Mussolini in 1937. Il Duce gave him a 20 piece tea set in return. You should ask @Revoltingest about it as it was he that started the thread I believe. Of course, it could just have been a wind up. :tonguewink:

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It was given as a gift by Wurati, an Aboriginal Tasmanian nation elder, during a visit to Mussolini in 1937. Il Duce gave him a 20 piece tea set in return. You should ask @Revoltingest about it as it was he that started the thread I believe. Of course, it could just have been a wind up. :tonguewink:

I thought you were going to say 'Ask Revoltingest, he was alive at the time...'

Still, something doesn't quite sound right. Tasmanian Aboriginals were basically wiped out in the 1800s, and Wurati was...hmm...I want to say the husband of a famous aboriginal woman (Trukanini) back then.

Not doubting your honesty, or anything. Just assuming there might be a little more to that story.