• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hit me your hardest

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'd like a critique on areas I need to improve on this forum. I already know a few:

1. I should tone down on the "KATatopia" threads as I've assessed there are slightly better ways to be funny that might reach a greater audience with the humor.

2. I need to remember to be more careful when venting to people in private, as, if what I say is misunderstood, I have my concerns it could take on a life of its own that I didn't mean or intend.

3. Sometimes I'm a little overemotional - more in a feminine sort of way though, I think.

4. Sometimes I get a little critical of when people judge my spiritual beliefs in cases where I wasn't trying to debate and didn't know I'd be fact-checked as part of the discussion. These people are often atheists. However, I sometimes make a mistake of referring to such people as "atheists" in a way that may look like I'm referring to all atheists, when actually, the vast majority of atheists aren't doing it at all.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I'd like a critique on areas I need to improve on this forum. I already know a few:

1. I should tone down on the "KATatopia" threads as I've assessed there are slightly better ways to be funny that might reach a greater audience with the humor.

2. I need to remember to be more careful when venting to people in private, as, if what I say is misunderstood, I have my concerns it could take on a life of its own that I didn't mean or intend.

3. Sometimes I'm a little overemotional - more in a feminine sort of way though, I think.

4. Sometimes I get a little critical of when people judge my spiritual beliefs in cases where I wasn't trying to debate and didn't know I'd be fact-checked as part of the discussion. These people are often atheists. However, I sometimes make a mistake of referring to such people as "atheists" in a way that may look like I'm referring to all atheists, when actually, the vast majority of atheists aren't doing it at all.
Which particular subject would you like to be hit my hardest?

Ciao

- viole

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Which particular subject would you like to be hit my hardest?

Ciao

- viole

From what I know of you, you seem to be a pretty sharp thinker. So just about anything regarding my interactions on RF. You may have a lot of thoughts on the matter too though - if you do, just stick to the most important ones as my goal isn't to make people write a book.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
. I should tone down on the "KATatopia" threads as I've assessed there are slightly better ways to be funny that might reach a greater audience with the humor.

Why? However you can get humour into the world is good

This is a problem with venting, the trick is to know when to pull the plug. Something I've learned but not yet had enough practice to get ir right

Feminine emotion? Wassat?

Hmmm, what about the often funnymentalists, or often bible literalists, or, or, or? Not sure you should be pointing a finger at only atheists.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Hmmm, what about the often funnymentalists, or often bible literalists, or, or, or? Not sure you should be pointing a finger at only atheists.

I don't. My biggest opponent is Christian fundamentalists in these discussions, not atheists. Second would be TERFs. Third is atheists.

But it's no big deal. It's not like I'm mad at them. My focus is usually during the discussion/debate and I often forget things after that.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I don't. My biggest opponent is Christian fundamentalists in these discussions, not atheists. Second would be TERFs. Third is atheists.

But it's no big deal. It's not like I'm mad at them. My focus is usually during the discussion/debate and I often forget things after that.

Ok, consider that my hardest hit but you dodged it well.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Feminine emotion? Wassat?

Cattiness, sassyness, being upset - as opposed to the things males do like tell each other they're going to fight each other, meet up in a dark corner, throw a few swings both missing most of their targets, then realize they like each other and sit in a bar drinking beer, and afterwards go blow something up in the water redneck-style and become life long best friends.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Cattiness, sassyness, being upset - as opposed to the things males do like tell each other they're going to fight each other, meet up in a dark corner, throw a few swings both missing most of their targets, then realize they like each other and sit in a bar drinking beer, and afterwards go blow something up in the water redneck-style and become life long best friends.

Oh? Never come across it...

Shaul

Premium Member
Please for your own sake never apologize for who you are. For the sake of others state your truth with kindness. Be fearless in keeping your own integrity and relentless in seeking the best for others. Be yourself with boldness. You are the only “you” we will ever know.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Please for your own sake never apologize for who you are. For the sake of others state your truth with kindness. Be fearless in keeping your own integrity and relentless in seeking the best for others.

I more wish to apologize when I apply my own rules to myself, that I want to follow, then happen to break one of my own rules.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Well...you asked for it. Here are my hard-hitting points to make you a better you...

1. Humour is at least as much about stress relief and self-expression as it is audience. If I worried about an audience, I'd never crack ANY jokes. Sidenote : Those weird sentences I type that don't make a lot of sense? Jokes. Or drunk posting. Or drunk joke posting.

2. Venting is okay, and going a little too far with it in private is okay too. Both are pretty normal, near as I can tell. Just be careful who you vent TO. Pick people who will actually realise you're venting.

3. Most people get overemotional at times, including men, so no need to categorise it. I'm different, since my old fashion English upbringing taught me that boys don't actually HAVE emotions. This is neither true, nor healthy, but I have developed a fine stiff upper lip, and a solid handshake.

4. I'm pretty good these days at remembering that not all Christians are THOSE sort of Christians, not all atheists are THOSE sort of atheists, etc. But it's one of the more common issues posters on RF (and people in general) have, I would say. Even for me, old and weathered as I am, bringing myself to think of Lakers fans as basketball people, and not wannabee celebrities is quite difficult.

AlexanderG

I'm pretty new, but so far you seem curious and thoughtful and nice? I terms of point #4, I'm probably guilty as charged. Still, I think on this type of forum where a wide range of people are discussing ideas, it should be ok for some people to say, "Hey, I don't even agree with the underlying assumptions of the question you're asking."

I like to think I just have another perspective that adds to the conversation, but I will try to comment in a way where it doesn't derail or distract from that broader question being asked in the thread. Even if I think none of it refers to anything real. :p

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You clearly haven't met me :)

I don't think I really have. We've talked, but we may have been more off on two different subjects. So should we talk in the future, I'd rather we forget whatever we talked about in the past, as like, I was a cis male back then named something that starts with a S, I now consider myself a trans female who tries to go by something that starts with a K (not KAT, though).

But yeah, I have my moments where I'm upset, insecure, and blue. Luckily they don't really occur much on the public forum. I've identified a lot of my problems as having to do with gender dysphoria - not all of them, but when I do things to correct the problem(s), I find myself being able to take more when life dishes things at me. It's more where I see myself as at now. That doesn't mean everyone I've ever been overly emotional around forgives me, but being more self-aware is a start to taking one's life back, I think.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Sometimes I get a little critical of when people judge my spiritual beliefs in cases where I wasn't trying to debate
Get more critical to such people:cool:. None of their business what you believe;), and definitely don't 'let' them judge your spiritual beliefs

Viker

Häxan
I don't know. You're awesome the way you are.

Besides, I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. I hit so hard I could murder a brick. I was on a roll one day out running, a train got in my way but I punched it all the way back to Memphis. (And other Alisms). :D

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I don't know. You're awesome the way you are.

Besides, I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. I hit so hard I could murder a brick. I was on a roll one day out running, a train got in my way but I punched it all the way back to Memphis. (And other Alisms). :D

To add to these thoughts...

One time I beheld @Viker kick a stone terrace miles wide. I thought, silly girl, she'll hurt herself. The stone terrace crumbled, revealing the remains of an ancient civilization. Viker refounded it as Queen.