• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

History of Israelite’s and God

Jeremiah Ames

What I found interesting?

I spent 98% of my life with a bible that I only read and or tried to understand was the New Testament. I had always assumed the Old Testament was old and out of date and only the new mattered.

What I found interesting about the Old was the diverse topics covered and most specifically those verses where God/Lord spoke directly in a verse. In those instances, God was talking to a specific people for a specific purpose.

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:

(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

I found it interesting because God chose the Israelite people over all others to abide by and carry His word in order to spread His grace and understanding to others.

It is up to the reader to determine whether the “chosen” obeyed and followed His commandments.
I find that very exciting regarding your interest in the OT.
I have been studying it now for a couple of years and I can tell you it’s packed with an infinity of information. Very exciting indeed. And once you discover what is meant when the Lord talks about Israel, it will open another whole world to you.

God is talking to a specific person and about a specific person throughout the OT. (In my understanding.)

james dixon

Premium Member
What is my point? I doubt the authenticity of the document you choose to post.

What site are you referring to, the web site universalknowledge or what?

If the count is off, and the the verses are irrelevant, all of page 4 is basically unneeded.

Page four covers a directive from God to the Israelite people. It is one of the most relivent string of verses among them all. It is God's directive to His chosen. The rest of that site covers the history of their compliance to His commandments/directives

It seems like it's just a vehicle for pointing out hostile behavior by Israeli people against Palestinian people. It's a civil war, am I wrong? Hostility is happening in both directions?

No, it is not a civil war. No time in human history has an opposing force deliberately picked out and shot children in the head; not once but dozens of times..

At the very least, we agree that the document is biased?
What document are you referring to-?

The other thing that I find odd is the mention of "Google Irgun, Haganah and Stern gangs and you will get 144,000 hits" on page 5. What is the document saying? 144,000? So what? this is now prophecy?

The OP is a book covering the history of the Israelite people from biblical times up to today while comparing biblical verses up to current events.

That's why I doubt the authenticity of the document you choose to post. That was my point.

I'm still confused as to which document you are referring to.
Ok, you can start your reply by telling me how stupid I am and then tell me what document you are referring to.
thanks in advance
:)-

Jeremiah Ames

It's a civil war, am I wrong?

From what I’ve read regarding the history of the area and present actions, I don’t see anything that resembles a civil war.

But is that relevant to the op? I’m still trying to grasp fully what the author is seeking here.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@james dixon ,

I'll double check that I didn't mis-click or something and accidentally jump to different document. That would explain my confusion :)

james dixon

Premium Member
But is that relevant to the op? I’m still trying to grasp fully what the author is seeking here.

I found this on page 8

They were chosen to show us the way, to show
us how to treat the stranger,
how to be compassionate
and loving to your neighbor
and by doing so
peace would envelope the world
by their example

I have also discovered that if your computer view of the page is narrow from left to right it pushes the book together distorting your view.

james dixon

Premium Member
I’m still trying to grasp fully what the author is seeking here.

I think the intent is to look at Israelite history up to present day and then let the reader decide whether they failed to follow Him or not and if not, is this now the era of judgement day.

Jeremiah Ames

I found this on page 8

They were chosen to show us the way, to show
us how to treat the stranger,
how to be compassionate
and loving to your neighbor
and by doing so
peace would envelope the world
by their example

I have also discovered that if your computer view of the page is narrow from left to right it pushes the book together distorting your view.

I’m starting to get a feel for what you’re looking for here.
I Like studying the Bible, and it sounds like you may also.
What has helped me to understand more was the realization that things are not what they seem on the surface. The Bible is a spiritual book written by an infinite god. Why should we not expect more than dull stories about people wandering around in the deserts thousands of years ago killing each other? Well, I believe there is much more.
Regarding this op, you need to check all details from a biblical perspective. Also, try to understand what is meant by Israel. Find where that name was first mentioned. Always question your own beliefs about any verse you read. Don’t rely on your thinking. Seek the truth, and if you seek with a heart for wisdom, the Lord will provide. Also, Zionists and Israelites are two different words.
If you notice something that makes no sense in the Bible, don’t try to figure it out. That leads to error. Let the Lord lead you.
I’ve been through it and still going through it. We people like to think we have all the answers.
Sorry about the long ramble.

Jeremiah Ames

I think the intent is to look at Israelite history up to present day and then let the reader decide whether they failed to follow Him or not and if not, is this now the era of judgement day.

Gotcha.

So please read my post above.
I believe Israelite history and the Bible are two different things.
And I cannot see how Israelite history from the past 2000 years or so is relevant to anything biblical.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@james dixon ,

Yup, I'm readng the website ( I called it a document ) you linked to in the OP. And I'm having trouble seeing the connection between page 4 and page 5. I don't dispute the imporance of the verses listed on page 4, and I'm not knowegable enough about the events on page 5 to comment on those.

But what's the connection between the page 4 and page 5? If you're looking for evidence that some Jewish people don't follow all Jewish Law, that's pretty easy to show.

The verses about the "stranger" I don't see how they apply. Are Palestinians "strangers" in the examples on page 5?

And when a website starts using word counts and counting the number of hits from a Google search as evidence... I think it dillutes the message and makes it into hocus-pocus. But that's my opinion. I think you wanted feedback on the website you linked to, right?

Jeremiah Ames

@james dixon ,

Yup, I'm readng the website ( I called it a document ) you linked to in the OP. And I'm having trouble seeing the connection between page 4 and page 5. I don't dispute the imporance of the verses listed on page 4, and I'm not knowegable enough about the events on page 5 to comment on those.

But what's the connection between the page 4 and page 5? If you're looking for evidence that some Jewish people don't follow all Jewish Law, that's pretty easy to show.

The verses about the "stranger" I don't see how they apply. Are Palestinians "strangers" in the examples on page 5?

And when a website starts using word counts and counting the number of hits from a Google search as evidence... I think it dillutes the message and makes it into hocus-pocus. But that's my opinion. I think you wanted feedback on the website you linked to, right?

That is the problem.
There is a disconnect here.
Between biblical wisdom and present day events in the Middle East.
Of course biblical wisdom is useful everywhere all the time. But specifically linking Bible verses to events in the present day Israel, I am not seeing a connection.

Two separate ops would be better:
1. The Palestinian and Israelite situation.
2. A study of Israel in the OT.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Perhaps the only verse a person needs regarding the land and its ownership is Leviticus 25:23? It also speaks about the stranger, and it's missing from the website in the OP.

The verse says, The land belongs to God.

james dixon

Premium Member
Regarding this op, you need to check all details from a biblical perspective. Also, try to understand what is meant by Israel. Find where that name was first mentioned.

Found it------------------
Israel was a person not a place and the Lord did not look upon him kindly

(Genesis 32:28 KJV) And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Iacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God, and with men, and hast preuailed.

(Ezek 36:17 KJV) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.

(Ezek 36:32 KJV) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

why they were scattered and then gathered for judgement

(Jer 24:9 KJV) And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.

(Ezekiel 21:32) Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

This gathering occurred in 1947ad

(Ezek 36:31 KJV) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

next :)-

james dixon

Premium Member
Yup, I'm readng the website ( I called it a document ) you linked to in the OP. And I'm having trouble seeing the connection between page 4 and page 5.

Page (4) refers to the term "stranger" as referenced in biblical text.
Page (5) lists 19th century acts by the Israelis that went against God's teaching to "them"

If you're looking for evidence that some Jewish people don't follow all Jewish Law, that's pretty easy to show.

It should have been hard to find; but as you stated the evidence was/is overwhelming

Yes, or Arabs or anyone who is not Jewish

And when a website starts using word counts and counting the number of hits from a Google search as evidence... I think it dillutes the message and makes it into hocus-pocus.

I am not responsible for the word counts. There is an email address provided on the site, I suggest you email the author and complain to him/her; ok?

I think you wanted feedback on the website you linked to, right?

That is my purpose for starting this forum :)-

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Just checking.

Hmmm, ...
  • You "stumbled" over the site;
  • you looked at it;
  • you are not well-formed about the contents of the site's pages;
  • you claim to be a Baptist convert from Catholicism;
  • you're male and in your 20s;
  • you like to smile a lot; and
  • you've shared a link to a seriously anti-Israeli pro-Palestinian website.
  • The only thing missing is a "No Jews" sign. You got one of those?
From Page 7:

View attachment 29305
He hasn't just stumbled over it; he's been linking it for months. There seems to be a fascination with Jewish people, strrangers/gerim and Israel,

A possible solution--end to Israel\Palestine conflict

Where the True Promised Land is \/ & they love it

Here he says he created it God’s biblical instructions on the does & don’ts

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Yes, or Arabs or anyone who is not Jewish

How do you reconcile this with Lev. 25:23? It seems like God is telling the Jewish people they are indeed strangers in the land as well.

( By the way, I am learning quite a lot because of your thread. Thank you for that :) )

Selection_153.png

hyperlink >>> sefaria.org -Leviticus 25:23

Selection_154.png

hyperlink >>> biblehub.com - Leviticus 25:23 Interlinear

Terry Sampson

He hasn't just stumbled over it; ... Here he says he created it God’s biblical instructions on the does & don’ts

Now, I'm confused.:confused:
Screenshot_2019-05-25 History of Israelite's and God.png
Screenshot_2019-05-25 Universal Knowledge - Home.png

In any event, the troublesome things to me are: (a) a propensity to equate Israelites and Israelis and (b) the statement on Page 7 of the www.universalknowledge.net site, which lacks sufficient transparency to satisfy me, to wit:

Screenshot_2019-05-24 Page 7.png

If Israel & "Israelites" hate Americans/i.e. Christians/"us" so much, I think somebody ought to tell President D.J., no? Oh wait!!! I shouldn't be asking you; you're probably a Mossad secret agent.

Hmmm, ... what to do? what to do? Ah, I know, I'm going to alert Homepage | Christians United for Israel Bubba John Hagee and his minions need to know about this. Robert Jeffress, Jerry Falwell Jr., and Franklin Graham, too. They have the President's ear.

Time for me to write a letter....:D

Jeremiah Ames

Found it------------------
Israel was a person not a place and the Lord did not look upon him kindly

(Genesis 32:28 KJV) And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Iacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God, and with men, and hast preuailed.

(Ezek 36:17 KJV) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.

(Ezek 36:32 KJV) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

why they were scattered and then gathered for judgement

(Jer 24:9 KJV) And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.

(Ezekiel 21:32) Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

This gathering occurred in 1947ad

(Ezek 36:31 KJV) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

next :)-

Great.
So you see the Bible does not speak about a 20th century country created by atheistic Zionists in the Middle East. Israel means something much much more important and wonderful than that.
The Israel of the OT and the Israel on the map are as different as light and darkness.
You will also notice that I have not spoken of Jews. There is no need. Jews are not part of the conversation you seek here any more than Muslims are, as far as I can determine.

Jeremiah Ames

Now, I'm confused.:confused:
View attachment 29335 View attachment 29336

In any event, the troublesome things to me are: (a) a propensity to equate Israelites and Israelis and (b) the statement on Page 7 of the www.universalknowledge.net site, which lacks sufficient transparency to satisfy me, to wit:

View attachment 29337

If Israel & "Israelites" hate Americans/i.e. Christians/"us" so much, I think somebody ought to tell President D.J., no? Oh wait!!! I shouldn't be asking you; you're probably a Mossad secret agent.

Hmmm, ... what to do? what to do? Ah, I know, I'm going to alert Homepage | Christians United for Israel Bubba John Hagee and his minions need to know about this. Robert Jeffress, Jerry Falwell Jr., and Franklin Graham, too. They have the President's ear.

Time for me to write a letter....:D

When the blind follow the blind, both will end in the pit.

Just sayin’