• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

History of Hindu India video series

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
- not sure if I posted this link before, but here is a series of videos produced by a Hindus with the help of a grant from an educational foundation. This is just the first one, on ancient times. So often our history is presented with a western bias.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Skepticism is always good. As you well know, in Hindu studies, you can never please everyone. All you can do is attempt it.

"The History of Hindu India (Part One) was developed by the editors of Hinduism Today magazine in collaboration with Dr. Shiva Bajpai, Professor Emeritus of History, California State University Northridge. It is intended to provide an authentic presentation of the history of India and Hinduism for use in American 6th grade social study classes, as well as Hindu temple study groups and general presentations on the Hindu religion and history. The documentary is based on the first chapter of the textbook, The History of Hindu India, published in 2011. For more information and for class lesson plans based on the book visit www.hinduismtoday.com/education/. Funded by the Uberoi Foundation, Institute for Curriculum Advancement. May be freely distributed for educational purposes."

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I watched all five videos in the series and found them very educational. Thanks for posting this, @Vinayaka!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
With my problem in hearing, I will go to the book (what is detailed in hours of video, I will get it in a few minutes. Later, I can go to video for visuals). Thanks.

jien57908

Thanks @Vinayaka, for posting such a nice series of videos. Hinduism is very big religion and we actually can't convinced all people about Hindu religion.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks @Vinayaka, for posting such a nice series of videos. Hinduism is very big religion and we actually can't convinced all people about Hindu religion.

Why would we need to convince all people about Hinduism? What's to convince?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
More just to provide an alternative to the western lens on us, I think. But yes, I agree ... we're not about convincing.

I have no qualms about educating those that wish to learn about Hinduism or elucidating any stigma associated with the religion, but I'm not a proponent of convincing.