• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

His dad died and 3 weeks later he nearly died.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

This regular Youtube presenter has what I consider an enviable but troubled life. He's a Christian, has a wife and kids, has a good home; but he's really been through the wringer in some ways. He grew up in a cult but was ejected when he made some decisions. He has since remained a believer though has not found a church. In his videos he encourages men to associate closely in small inter-reliant groups that help one another in times of trouble. He also does reviews of products that have to do with outdoor things, such as axes and equipment.

He has an enviable life, but he is going through some hard times. A few weeks ago his father died. Then one week ago he came down with Covid and would have died if he didn't have oxygen on hand. His plans for a storage building have also suddenly been rejected. Worst of all his kids have been suffering. I think his is an inspiring story; so have a look. He says he's going through a Job-like experience, that he has had to accept the troubles which God has allowed to come on him lately.

Anyone else have a Job like experience?

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".

This regular Youtube presenter has what I consider an enviable but troubled life. He's a Christian, has a wife and kids, has a good home; but he's really been through the wringer in some ways. He grew up in a cult but was ejected when he made some decisions. He has since remained a believer though has not found a church. In his videos he encourages men to associate closely in small inter-reliant groups that help one another in times of trouble. He also does reviews of products that have to do with outdoor things, such as axes and equipment.

He has an enviable life, but he is going through some hard times. A few weeks ago his father died. Then one week ago he came down with Covid and would have died if he didn't have oxygen on hand. His plans for a storage building have also suddenly been rejected. Worst of all his kids have been suffering. I think his is an inspiring story; so have a look. He says he's going through a Job-like experience, that he has had to accept the troubles which God has allowed to come on him lately.

Anyone else have a Job like experience?

If a Job like experience is a set of circumstances that together in total make a person wish they could die, then I suppose probably some of us have, and I remember a crisis I had in childhood (under age 10), and a divine intervention that saved my life (and which is so surprising and...special for me, that I just have only told 2 or 3 people ever about that incredible thing that happened). Thankfully, after that crisis passed, I never again wanted to die, as I had at that time. Now my life is really wonderful, and the degree of change/improvement is really something. I went from first being a pretty happy teen/young adult (with a lot of good things in life) to something just over-the-top great. It is such a rich and enjoyable life that that contrast is quite something in itself. I went from among the few in the most distress at that time into the rarified few with the most lasting great quality of life. I can accurately give all the credit to Jesus Christ and His wonderful teaching, and the amazing love of God.

Last edited: